NCL airfare and transfers

k8te62

Hi,

Going on a 10 day in and out of Civitaveccia this June.  We currently are booked to use NCL's airfare as we "bought 1 got 1".  We would like to come a few days early to explore Rome and get used tot he time difference.  I see that the airport is at least an hour from the cruise terminal.  1)  Does anyone have experience with getting decent flights for this long trip as i heard rumor that they may put us on a few connecting flights 2)  Will they work with us about a few days early and be able to use the $150 transfer fee from Rome rather than the airport?

5 hours ago, k8te62 said:

Hi,

Going on a 10 day in and out of Civitaveccia this June.  We currently are booked to use NCL's airfare as we "bought 1 got 1".  We would like to come a few days early to explore Rome and get used tot he time difference.  I see that the airport is at least an hour from the cruise terminal.  1)  Does anyone have experience with getting decent flights for this long trip as i heard rumor that they may put us on a few connecting flights 2)  Will they work with us about a few days early and be able to use the $150 transfer fee from Rome rather than the airport?

Contact NCL and tell them you want to do a deviation on the flights. You can do 2 days on both ends...if you want to do 3 days you have to stay in their approved hotel. Flights from Phoenix will likely have one stop, either at JFK, ATL, ORD or other major hub. Cancel the transfer fee and book your own transfer for less money. If you keep the NCL transfer you will have to go back to the airport (except if you stay at their approved hotel, in which case I think they might pick you up). 

Next year is the 2025 Jubilee in Rome and it is going to be packed, even moreso than usual. I would book as much as possible now, making sure all of it is refundable.

I don't know about Rome, but for London the transfers were only good from the airport. Our strategy with a one day pre-cruise stay was to book a hotel at the airport. Doing that we did not have to either schlep our luggage into London or get back to the airport to get our transfers.

1 hour ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Also, if you chose to do a deviation they remove the transfer.  You would need to find your own transportation from/to the airport.  If you only chose a deviation for before the cruise, they would only remove that transfer.

We had a one day deviation before our cruise from London (actually Southampton) in August 2023. The transfer was NOT removed. Our TA did warn us though that it was only good from the airport (Heathrow).