Bob Dickinson Wine Program

picklebongo

Let me preface my question by apologizing if it has already been asked a year ago or six months. I tried to search but apparently was not using the correct combination of words...

I understand, very unclear on details though, that Bob Dickinson started some type of wine program, since he is really into good wine, whereas one can sign up and receive a bottle a month. Does anybody know anything about this, have signed up, if so, what has been your experience?

Let me preface my question by apologizing if it has already been asked a year ago or six months. I tried to search but apparently was not using the correct combination of words...

I understand, very unclear on details though, that Bob Dickinson started some type of wine program, since he is really into good wine, whereas one can sign up and receive a bottle a month. Does anybody know anything about this, have signed up, if so, what has been your experience?

I was a member of Carnival's Presidential Wine Club. Note the "WAS". I joined when the program first started and stayed with it for over a year. The selections I received were excellent and I enjoyed 99% of them. Every delivery came with a letter telling you about the choices.

I am no longer a member because of poor customer service on their end. Mind you, it is not run by Carnival but rather a company that runs wine clubs for many other companies. After not receiving a shipment one month I called customer service and was told a story about what happened and why the box didn't arrive. They told me it would be shipped that week and would have it by the end of the week. It never arrived (again). I called and was given a totally different story. In the end, they give me FOUR different stories on why my shipment was not sent. I asked for a refund repeatedly and it wasn't until I threatened to contact the AG in my state with a complaint about their practices that they agreed to the refund. At that point I told them to cancel the entire membership.

Other experiences may differ. I enjoyed the selections but felt like I was being taken on a shipment that may or may not have been sent.

Have been a member since it started and it's the best wine club I belong to. Great wines every month

I have not been impressed with the club because of customer service and because I have not been impressed with the selections. It costs me over $50 a month to get 2 bottles of wine I can buy for much less. I really haven't gotten anything special. I drink primarily red wines and they don't offer red wine only as an option. I belong to other clubs which are much better with pricing and selection. Also, if I find a wine I like, I can order more, which I do. Carnival doesn't offer that option. It's not really a bad club. It's just that there are better options.

I have not been impressed with the club because of customer service and because I have not been impressed with the selections. It costs me over $50 a month to get 2 bottles of wine I can buy for much less. I really haven't gotten anything special. I drink primarily red wines and they don't offer red wine only as an option. I belong to other clubs which are much better with pricing and selection. Also, if I find a wine I like, I can order more, which I do. Carnival doesn't offer that option. It's not really a bad club. It's just that there are better options.

Of course you can order more that's ridiculous for you to say you can't. You have been able to do this from the first month of the club.

I do agree with the customer service issue--if anything is off onyour order good luck getting that fixed! The two kids they have doing CS are a joke. The good news is after the first few months everything has been smooth so no need to deal with CS.

I find the consistent quality of Carnival's wines to be much better than other clubs I belong to .

• 5 years later...

[Note - Old thread; read older posts first]

Two Questions:

First, I see the link is still active, so is this club still going.

Second Question, for all the Wine People - how has your wine been on Carnival, and what ship? Got the gold package last year on Conquest and regretted not doing next level. What has been your experience?

Archived