Back To Back

DRW

Thinking of taking back to back cruise. Would like to hear pros & cons.

They are a great way to go. We have done a few and plan on doing more. Especially 7 dayers.. not enough time. B2B makes it a 14 dayer.

Only drawbacks would be same menus and repeated ports... but lots of ships do alternating itineraries and those are the ones I suggest looking for .... unless there is one route you want to do double stops. Tahiti is one place we enjoyed those double stops at Raiatea, Bora Bora and Moorea .;)

Other Pluses:

• Amoritizes airfare
  • Double credit toward elite / platinum
  • Meet twice as many people
  • Get lobster twice
  • .....gotta be more

Only downside that we found was the same shows both weeks. But it does give you the chance to skip the ones you didn't like.We loved the b2b and have one planned for the Crown next spring.

We generally do back to backs unless the cruise is at least 14 nights...I don't know if it's because it takes us longer to relax, or because we have to fly from the middle of the country, or because we just love to cruise. There really aren't any downsides...we like the menu repeats...if there is something we particularly liked, we have it again, or we can try something new. We always go to the production shows the second time around too, but will generally try to catch a different show on the other nights (luckily, with Princess, there is always more than one show each night, or else a movie). We have frequently had to change cabins between cruises...I guess that's the only drawback, but if you book early enough, you won't even have to do that. We love buying the duty free liquor on the first cruise, picking it up on the last night, and enjoying it on the second cruise.

We usually do back to backs with alternating itineraries, but not always. As with the menu items, if we liked something, we do it again, or we try something else the next time around. I mean, after you've cruised for awhile, you've been to St. Thomas, St. Martin, San Juan, etc. a number of times anyways.

On several of the Princess Caribbean cruises next winter (the ones with the alternating itineraries), you get a two category upgrade if you book back to back, so that's even better.

And the best part of a back to back cruise...walking back to your cabin the final evening of the first cruise, seeing all the luggage in the halls, and knowing that you don't have to get off the ship. That feeling alone is worth the price of the second cruise.

...And the best part of a back to back cruise...walking back to your cabin the final evening of the first cruise, seeing all the luggage in the halls, and knowing that you don't have to get off the ship. That feeling alone is worth the price of the second cruise.

How true... It is great.... sleeping in that port day, plus being on the ship during the turnover and having the ship and pools to yourself for about 4 hrs. (no chair hogs)

The other great part of a B2B is reaction all your new friends have when you let they know you are staying aboard.

Some could not believe you could do that.....:D

I too love the back to back cruises. We have done several on RCI, but have yet to do a BTB on Princess. I would prefer two diferent itenaries but I do not see too many Princess ships that do that. I have even looked for doing one week on one ship and the second on another but finding a port where two ships get together for the change is hard.

It could be the time of year we like to cruise. We generally go in December and it seems the choices are more limited then. On RCI we did a BTB on the Mariner with the first week Eastern Caribbean and second week Western. About the only Princess ship doing two diferent itinaries is the Crown but it leaves from San Juan and the airfare will kill you.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Stan

We did a Princess B2B out of San Juan--we booked the airfare on our own, and non-stop flights between Chicago and SJ were only $400.

The pro was getting a two week cruise while only haveing to pay for air once.

The cons were same menu, same entertainment, having to change cabins. Having to pack up, move, and unpack was a hassle. I wouldn't do it again unless I could get the same cabin both weeks.

Archived