Thinking about the 11-day Mexican Riviera on the Dawn...any thoughts?

cruiserforlife

We're from Petaluma also! Small world huh! We had our daughter drop us off! When we returned it was pouring! Should have had our daughter pick us up! Long story, but will ask her again next time. What is your favorite cruise line so far? Like I said, each one offers something that makes them stand apart. HAL spa is something my wife loved. The tiled loungers in the spa were great.

If I find a great deal on the Dawn for next year....we're there. This last deal was great and I want to match it.

Did you use the Airporter to get home?

So far our favorite is NCL. We simply love Freestyle. We've cruised only on the ships that were built for Freestyle dining, and to be able to choose from up to 10 restaurants and eat when and with whom we want is great for us. We often like to dine alone, at a table for two. No problem! We like the ambiance, the service and the people we've met on our cruises.

Like you said, each line offers something that will appeal to some cruisers. Isn't it great that we have all these choices?

I'm looking forward to the teak promenade deck and loungers on the Dawn. We loved that on HAL. It's so relaxing to just watch the ocean go by.

Did you use the Airporter to get home?

So far our favorite is NCL. We simply love Freestyle. We've cruised only on the ships that were built for Freestyle dining, and to be able to choose from up to 10 restaurants and eat when and with whom we want is great for us. We often like to dine alone, at a table for two. No problem! We like the ambiance, the service and the people we've met on our cruises.

Like you said, each line offers something that will appeal to some cruisers. Isn't it great that we have all these choices?

I'm looking forward to the teak promenade deck and loungers on the Dawn. We loved that on HAL. It's so relaxing to just watch the ocean go by.

No, we did not use the Airporter. I had set it up with my wifes BIL to pick us up. Even called him that morning as we were sailing under the GG bridge to confirm. Got off ship, pouring rain....where is he? Called and he said that he hadn't left yet and that he must have spaced! Yeah! So.....never again.

Your first paragraph above could have been written by my wife. She loved NCL also. We feel the same way with a table for 2. We love meeting people, but we also like the option of dining by ourselves. We dined alone 5 out of 10 times on the Dawn.

We really liked the teak promenade on the Dawn. Sat in the loungers and had champagne.....ahhhh. That is the life. Watching the world go by....:D

No, we did not use the Airporter. I had set it up with my wifes BIL to pick us up. Even called him that morning as we were sailing under the GG bridge to confirm. Got off ship, pouring rain....where is he? Called and he said that he hadn't left yet and that he must have spaced! Yeah! So.....never again.
I probably saw you standing out there getting soaked. I work in the City, and my bus goes by the Pier every morning around 8:15, just as the first passengers are disembarking.

Your first paragraph above could have been written by my wife. She loved NCL also. We feel the same way with a table for 2. We love meeting people, but we also like the option of dining by ourselves. We dined alone 5 out of 10 times on the Dawn.
Same with us. It is fun dining with people we meet on the ship, but there are evenings when we just like to enjoy each other's company. I'm glad to know it can be accomplished on the Dawn. We did select Personal Choice. :)

We really liked the teak promenade on the Dawn. Sat in the loungers and had champagne.....ahhhh. That is the life. Watching the world go by....:D
Now THAT'S what cruising is all about!

Book 2/5/07. We could have a pre-cruise planning dinner at any one of our great Petaluma restaurants.

WHAT KIND OF OFFER DID YOU GET? WAS IT A CAPTAIN CIRCLE OFFER DIRECTLY FROM PRINCESS? MY HUSBAND AND I ARE BOOKED ON THAT CRUISE IN A BALCONY CABIN, AND ARE PAYING MUCH MORE MONEY. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR OFFER. MY EMAIL IS RASHOPPER4@YAHOO.COM. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD CONTACT ME WITH THE SPECIFICS. THANK YOU.

We have been on the Dawn twice to Mexican Riviera out of San Francisco, the last time being Feb. 28th of this year. We have booked another one on the Dawn for Dec. 12th of this year, also to Mexican Riviera for 11 days. We enjoy not having to fly anywhere to get to the ship. Also, enjoy just staying on the ship while in port. This time however, we will be doing Acupulco and I think we should get off while there. Oh yes, we also have done the Mexican Riviera on the Mercury out of San Francisco. Like I always say, "why get off a winner"? We did the future booking while we were on the last cruise, will continue to do that from now one. Like the idea of the $200 pp shipboard credit and $200 deposit. So now, with this one we just booked we have a total of $300 shipboard credit!!!!!! Don't be in doubt, just do it, you will love it.

was that offer only for Dec. I called Princess today and booked Oct. 29th but there was not a special offer.

Yes,that offer applies to Oct 29th according to my brochure.Give them that PL1 promo code,if you are a CC member.

Dawn dates:

Sept 26

Oct 7,18,29

Nov 9,20

Dec 1,12,23

Just booked the deal of a lifetime on the Dawn leaving April 19th for 10 days. Between the captain circle deal and the cruise credit for buying a future cruise onboard, it was just too good to pass up.

We will fly in from PDX the day before and as such will have a little free time precruise. Does anyone have a favorite hotel near the pier. Seems the Fishermans Wharf area would be nice since Pier 39 is so close to the Princess Pier. (35 I beleive) Any suggestions? TIA!

Septrack - are you kidding?? If you're going on the Dawn in 2 weeks - my DH and I are booked as well. We are also traveling from Portland but we decided to do the drive instead. We have a great thread going so you should pop over & check it out~ Good deal, huh? Rub it in :D

[quote name='Bonnie-Jean']Cruiser For Life

Does this mean we can expect a Live from The Dawn? Enjoyed your posts for Live From The Sun. Made our March, 2005 on the Sun more enjoyable.

Hope you will do the same for our Dawn Princess, March 21, 2007.

BJ[/quote]

Yes...but I'd have to call it "Live from the Living Dawn" to add some humor.:D

Glad the Sun thread was of some help...sure wish it exsisted before I cruised...still can't believe it's still kicking around.

CFL

HAL regular sees the DAWN -

Just booked the Turkey Day cruise on the Dawn for myself and my mother, both northern Californians. This will be my first time on Princess. I have been on a number of HAL cruises and twice on Celebrity. Mom sailed on Princess for a Panama Canal and a couple of Alaska cruises many years ago. Since I have enjoyed all of my cruises, I'm sure I will enjoy this one.

I'm sure we didn't get the same bargain prices that the Dec 1 cruisers will get (the first two weeks in Dec. are cruising's dead time), but the price for the Nov. 20 cruise was comparable to doing a 7 day Thanksgiving week cruise out of San Diego or LA with the airfare added in. And the reduced stress by not having to fly or deal with airports and shuttles is worth a considerable amount. So the choice became a no-brainer. Another benefit to us is that the 11 day cruise will most likely have far fewer rug rats running around than one of the 7 day Thanksgiving week cruises. Now I do like children, but in small numbers and for a short amount of time.

I opted for personal choice dining, mainly for my mom. When we did a HAL Alaska cruise a couple of years ago she complained that there was just too much food at dinner even with HAL's senior sized portions. We may end up eating in the Horizon Court several times for dinner.

Now that I have booked, I need to study the Princess CC board because I have lots of minor questions.

Bill

Congrats Bill on the cruise...and welcome to Princess!

No flying or airports pushed you over the top,didn't it?

I'm sure you and your mom will have the time of your lives...do post your thoughts on how the two lines match up.

CFL

[quote name='Love Boat Dream']We had a great time! The weather wasn't the best in San Francisco (or Catalina, which you aren't doing) but other than that, we had a fabulous time. Go for it! A great price on a great ship with some very nice destinations.

Have fun!

Susan[/quote]

Getting closer...you all have helped in the decision-making process,thanks again.;)

Checking on some further "deals" and hope to book before Monday.

CFL

My Travel Agent Spoke To Princess Today. This Offer Is Only For The People To Whom It Was Sent. It Is Not Transferable. In Order For Them To Give You The Offer, You Must Prove That You Received It (fax It To Them). Hate To Disappoint Everyone, But That Is What I Was Told.

Archived