Thinking about the 11-day Mexican Riviera on the Dawn...any thoughts?

cruiserforlife

Received an offer from Princess yesterday for an 11-night MR cruise departing from San Francisco round-trip on Dec. 1st and thought I'd get some feedback from you all.

We have done the Sun,Sea and the Ocean so we are familar with the layout of the Dawn.We have also done the MR...and while it's not our favorite (I think of the ship as the destination anyway...:rolleyes: ),I really like the fact that it a cruise we can take without the hassle of flying and that Princess is offering free balcony upgrades as well...$1189/pp.Mazatlan,Acapulco,Ixtapa (Zihuatanejo),Puerto Vallarta,& Cabo San Lucas.

It is 8 months away...and I am very tempted to book it.That is plenty of time to anticipate the cruise :D ...and plenty of time to try to get into shape as well.;) Hurricane season should be over by then as well.

So what do you guys think...should we pull the trigger...?

Thanks,

CFL

We did the 10 day last November out of San Francisco and had Catalina and San Diego inl ieu of your Acapulco and Ixtapa. As you indicate, Mexico may not be the favorite spot, but cruising for 11 days and not having to fly to get to the ship in my mind outweighs many negatives. And while we had been to the Mexico ports several times, we still had a great cruise. The Dawn is a wonderful ship and the staff was outstanding. My advice would be to follow the Nike motto and "Just Do IT."

I think you should book it. We're leaving on the 19th for 10 days on the Dawn. I think that's a good price for 11 days in a balcony stateroom. We did the 7 day three years on the Star and can't wait to go back. Plus, we have the added expense of flying from Atlanta. I agree, "Just Do It!"

I for one am not a fan of the Mexican Riviera - but a huge cruise ship lover.

That said, we are booked Golden Princess, next March, Valparaiso to San Francisco. It was cheaper to stay on the ship rather than flying home from Acapulco.

If the ports do not turn you on - just stay on the ship and enjoy its amenities.

DH and I have already booked the 11-night cruise on the Dawn January 25, 2007. We've done the 7-night Mexican Riviera out of Long Beach but haven't been to Acapulco. We look forward to sailing on a smaller-than-grand-class Princess ship and a cruise somewhere other than the Caribbean (all but one out of 14).

Go for it!

Chris

We take off on the Dawn 10 day this month. We would rather have done the 11 day you mentioned and may do it also later this year. We too are in the bay area and look forward to not having to fly, which is one reason we picked this one.

We have done the Mexian Rivera before so the ports are not the draw. We just like the ship time. May even spend some of the days in port on the ship.

I've done the 10 day the last two years on the Sapphire and Dawn and am tempted to do the 11 day one again this fall. Mexico is not my favorite but its starting to grow on my. Also sailing out of your home port with no airfare is a huge bonus.

Doug

I was on this cruise a few months, and LOVED it. It was my second cruise on the Dawn, the first being on the Panama Canal from San Francisco to San Juan.

The ports are truly secondary in importance. You will enjoy the wonderful staff and the lovely ship.

Crossing the threshold from the gangway onto the atrium of the Dawn Princess makes my heart stir! And then just a couple of hours later sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge with the fog horns trumpeting is just about as good as it gets!

There is nothing to think about. Just go!

We enjoyed the Dawn and the 10 d Mexican Riviera cruise this year so much that we are seriously thinking about doing the 11 day itinerary next year. Go for it.

I had to take a Dramamine to view your post! How cool~

Book it!

We just got off the Dawn, (Mar 10th-20th). I would definately book this one again. The ship is beautiful. Food was the best we've had on a ship. We are going to book this one next year. Especially since we don't have to fly, and can be on the ship in 45 minutes from leaving our house. Not stopping in Catalina and San Diego is the icing on the cake. Cruising further down the Riviera in the warm sun makes it a no-brainer.:cool:

Book it!

We just got off the Dawn, (Mar 10th-20th). I would definately book this one again. The ship is beautiful. Food was the best we've had on a ship. We are going to book this one next year. Especially since we don't have to fly, and can be on the ship in 45 minutes from leaving our house. Not stopping in Catalina and San Diego is the icing on the cake. Cruising further down the Riviera in the warm sun makes it a no-brainer.:cool:

Well I'm just about convinced now...:p

You guys are sure making me glad we booked this cruise! It will be our first with Princess.

You may end up with a neghbor on this one. We are in the wine country also. Just got back from the Dawn Princess. I'm ready to book again. We have sailed HAL, NCL, Carnival, Princess. All have something unique. I really liked Princess so far. Still want to try Celebrity. Where are you from?

Archived