Take a carry on

Last April DW and I went on the Radiance out of Miami ,including us there were 4 couples ,3 couples lost their luggage fortunately we got it before cruise time.I was talking to a customer of mine (I have a sales run I do weekly)that just returned from a 7 day celebrity cruise ,the airline lost his luggage,my son was home in Feb.on leave when he got here the airline had lost his luggage he got it 2 days later.Also it has been on the news lately about the airlines having big problems keeping track of luggage.DW and I decided that we would not leave for a cruise again without a carry on with at least 3 changes of clothing a piece just in case,just a suggestion.

We are doing the Majesty in Dec for a weekend cruise and plan on taking a carry on each with all of our stuff. I'm not got to worry about lost luggage not getting there till the day we get off the ship! Last month we were on the Explorer with 28 others and one couple never got their one suitcase till Wed!! They knew it was on the ship due to the fact it was delivered to her sisters cabin. Her sister went and put it in front of the correct cabin and it disappeared!! It was actully their carry on with all of their meds, car keys and personal items. She said that when they arrived at the port, they just went ahead and gave it to the porter, not thinking anything about it. I would make sure to take anything important with me as a carry one next time!!

Good advice. I always take a carry on because I have to have my medications cannot risk having an airline lose them. As for cruises, not knowing when you'll get your luggae is a bother too. I always pack in a carry on, meds, toiletries, clean clothes for that evening, jammies, flip flops and clean underwear.

Great advice. We also cross pack just in case one of the suitcases doesn't make it. I put half of my clothes in his suitcase, and he puts half of his in mine. This way if one suitcase goes astray we will at least have half of our clothes!

Dh travels and his luggage has been lost a few times. The longest he waited for it was two days though but in this case how do they get it to you? I mean the airline has had to drive it personally to our house before. Scary thought!!

We flew into FLL in December to board the Zuiderdam. Fortunately, we were in a day early because only 1 bag arrived with us. By the time it showed up, the ship would have been long gone if we had flown in the day of. In March I cruised on the Oosterdam, and flew in the day of(never again), and carried on a carry on because I was so paranoid of my experience in December, and there was no room for error this time. It was tough packing all the stuff I needed for 7 days "just in case", plus it was heavy, lol. I typically do not like to carry on a bunch of stuff. My suitcase showed up just fine, and all was well. In the future I will not be traveling in the day of again. Not only do you risk flight problems, you also risk luggage problems.

Marie

When we came home from our cruise on the Mariner in Dec. one piece of our luggage was missing. It took the airlines one month:eek: to the day to return it to us. It is a real hassle to collect from your travel insurance for lost luggage, beware!

Carrie:p

Great advice. We also cross pack just in case one of the suitcases doesn't make it. I put half of my clothes in his suitcase, and he puts half of his in mine. This way if one suitcase goes astray we will at least have half of our clothes!

That is what I do. Surely ALL the luggage won't get lost, right?

Once they put my brother's luggage on another ship. Well when that other ship stopped at XYZ island, they dropped it off there knowing that our ship would also visit XYZ island. Unfortunately, that was the last stop on our itinerary so he had to go most of the cruise without his luggage. I can't even imagine!!:confused:

That is what I do. Surely ALL the luggage won't get lost, right?

Once they put my brother's luggage on another ship. Well when that other ship stopped at XYZ island, they dropped it off there knowing that our ship would also visit XYZ island. Unfortunately, that was the last stop on our itinerary so he had to go most of the cruise without his luggage. I can't even imagine!!:confused:

We lost everything except our formal bag, but we did get it in time.

Archived