They WILL confiscate your smuggled booze......

MszKitty

Good to hear that Carnival is finally getting serious about this. Obviously, why have the regulation if there is no enforcement? Here in New York City, there is a law against using a cel phone while driving, but it is never enforced. So what is the point of the law?

Carnival's policy in allowing wine and champagne but not other liquor is eminently fair.

At the very least, if Carnival enforced its own regulations, we would have a lot less posts here regarding "smuggling" boooze onboard.

Yogi, go write your ticket quota and leave us alone. Carnival does this as an attempted profit decision. The more intense they get, the less likely I am to stay with them. Are they hiring unemployed assistant principals as security now?

Good to hear that Carnival is finally getting serious about this. Obviously, why have the regulation if there is no enforcement? Here in New York City, there is a law against using a cel phone while driving, but it is never enforced. So what is the point of the law?

Carnival's policy in allowing wine and champagne but not other liquor is eminently fair.

At the very least, if Carnival enforced its own regulations, we would have a lot less posts here regarding "smuggling" boooze onboard.

Since you think its never enforced, i can send you the ticket I got for driving and talking in Brooklyn and you can pay it for me, lol.

Yogi, go write your ticket quota and leave us alone. Carnival does this as an attempted profit decision. The more intense they get, the less likely I am to stay with them. Are they hiring unemployed assistant principals as security now?

So your decisions regarding which cruise lines to sail are based on confiscation of smuggled contraband. I'm sure you will be missed by Carnival.

So your decisions regarding which cruise lines to sail are based on confiscation of smuggled contraband. I'm sure you will be missed by Carnival.

RCCL allows you to bring wine aboard as well as buy liquor in the duty free store and bring it back to your room for a $9 surcharge. Maybe that is why people who have cruised on other lines think that Carnival is being greedy.

Carnival is also very stingy in rewarding repeat cruisers. The other give repeat cruisers gifts and discounts after 1 cruise. They also give people who book a suite the same perks as their frequent cruisers.

Okay, does anyone know if I smuggle my blender in my carry on or my checked luggage?

I'm guessing checked luggage would be a better idea, less likely to raise a flag :D Seriously though, I brought a stainless steel industrial blender with a spigot with me in my checked luggage on my last cruise, had it sitting on the counter, and never had a problem with it. Of course, I only used it a couple of times, so I am wondering if it was even worthwhile...

I have read in the past about people calling Carnival and pre-ordering liquor for their cabins before they sail.

Anyone tried this and does anyone have any pricing for this?

Thanks

Just kidding...I stole this quote from another thread from LisaV:

I called today, here's some prices, all per liter

Absolute Vodka $40

Captain Morgain Rum $40

Malibu Rum $55 (I tried asking for Parrot Bay too, same with Barcardi Raspberry, but she wasn't quite understanding me)

Tanquery Gin $45 (can't spell!)

Bombay Saphire Gin $55

She said that you can call up to a week before the cruise and they can have it ready. She also mentioned that if it appeared to be children or young people in the cabin, they may card you when delivering (I guess they have access to your reservation?). She said that the bottle just has to stay in the room.

It may be a bit pricey, but it's a heck of a lot easier than sneaking some in and you know you will have it and for me, it's still cheaper than a 2 week bar tab :)

Lisa

RCCL allows you to bring wine aboard as well as buy liquor in the duty free store and bring it back to your room for a $9 surcharge. Maybe that is why people who have cruised on other lines think that Carnival is being greedy.

RCCL stopped the $9.00 surcharge late last summer. Now they have the same policy as Carnival, they'll give you your liquor purchase at the end of the cruise. You may want to do a search on bringing wine on board RCCL's ships too. There's been some talk about that changing as well.

Ms. B

• 3 weeks later...

I packed two small bottles (unopened original bottles) of Bacardi and Malibu in my checked luggage. No problem. My Mom carried it on in a water bottle (I begged her not to) and she was not questioned whatsoever.:cool:

I agree... I have rarely heard of someone getting booze on in their carry on... I would never even attempt it, so I have no idea. But word on this board is don't do it... put it in your checked luggage.

They didn't take the champagne, because champagne is allowed.

Is champagne really allowed on the cruise? Why this and not others? So, just how much could I get onboard;)

We just bought a soft side cooler to take on as a carry on. What can I put in it that they will NOT take??? Beer, pop, frunit bunch

From Carnival FAQs:

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

This will be out 1st cruise and the wife and I expect to bring some booze onboard. My question is when do you give them your checked baggage?

Does size matter? On teh plane ride I plan on bring a smaller bag, and then a carry on, that is considered carry on for a plane, can that be my "checked" baggage?

So what I am saying is I assume we designate what our checked baggage and carry are before, regardless of size

Just kidding...I stole this quote from another thread from LisaV:

I called today, here's some prices, all per liter

Absolute Vodka $40

Captain Morgain Rum $40

Malibu Rum $55 (I tried asking for Parrot Bay too, same with Barcardi Raspberry, but she wasn't quite understanding me)

Tanquery Gin $45 (can't spell!)

Bombay Saphire Gin $55

She said that you can call up to a week before the cruise and they can have it ready. :)

Lisa

This is exactly what I was trying to find:) Do you call the cruise line, travel agent..???? Are there only certain cruises you can do this on?

How odd. As far as I remember, on my cruises I've walked onto the ship either carrying an opened water bottle or with one sticking out of my tote bag, already opened. Last cruise, I walked onto the ship carrying an opened bottle of Spite. Never been questioned.

I have done this same thing. As a matter of fact, on our last cruise last October, I put rum in a water bottle and put it in the side pocket of my carry-on in plain view, and no one ever questioned it. If they had, they would have really started an argument with me. Bottled waters and sodas are acceptable to bring onto the ship. They would have had no reason to ask me to open it so they could verify it was in fact water. Personally, I think it would be an invasion of my privacy.

Okay, does anyone know if I smuggle my blender in my carry on or my checked luggage?

Put it in your checked luggage. I brought a "magic bullet" (blender you perverts) and didn't have a problem.

Seems Carnival is finally clicking to this website.. as of March of this year we were able to order from the outside companies and have beverages delivered no problem.. I guess word of mouth caused that to be shut down..

As for taking stuff in checked luggage we did as well.. and were never questioned.. We did not hide it in water bottles or listerine bottles.. we left it in its original glass bottle.. all of it made it to our cabin..

I guess this site does influence what Carnival does or doesn't to some respect..

Will liqour or beer prices go down because of it.. Not likely.. but oh well .. we are all on vacation!!:D

Archived