Packing with no wrinkles???

I roll casual clothes, shirts, skirts and dresses where I don't worry about wrinkles (except jeans and such...they take up less space flat ime and we had a steamer just in case). For my formal dress, I used the drycleaner bag from the last time it was cleaned.

I was worried about getting formal wear on without wrincles myself.

Just found a suitcase - on wheels - that has a built in garment bag. I can pack my shorts, tops, basics, etc.... then zip open the garment bag built into the top flap and hang my dresses and skirts. Mine came in a set of 5 pieces - both of the wheeled bags have a garment section - the cary on bag a bit shorter - I'll use it for skirts and blouses.

I got a great price at Costco.

I'll try to add a link for symilar bags I have seen online.

http://www.ebags.com/ricardo_beverly_hills/del_mar_lite_28_2_compartment_pullman_suiter/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=50392

I put all my dressier clothes in dry cleaner bags and tissue paper . Things just slide around and don't get wrinked . I did not believe it till I tried it myself .

I 2nd this suggestion:D I have been using the drycleaner bags

every cruise and it really does work.

The plastic and air seem to act as a buffer and truely prevents

wrinkling!

Hi, an iron? What is that?;)

Most (operative word..most) cruiselines do not want irons brought on board.

I know, people do it anyway. But as responsible as most of us are,

they are truely a fire hazard.

If something is wrinkled too much for me I will just pay the price

of ships services, send it out and have them press it.

Sorry, I just can't see ironing while on a cruise.

And I sail on Celebrity. They don't offer self serve laundry services

anyway.

Get that Downy spray stuff, I used it last time and thought it worked well. Hope I can find it from last time for this upcoming cruise.

Hi: Besides Downy spray has anyone used the brand name Febreeze spray for clothes?? I truly need to know if someone has used that brand.

marilyn

I have cruised many times, and I always take 4 formal dresses(we alwys do btob cruises) I put them on the very top of a tightly packed suitcase, lay them lengthwise, putting several pieces of tissue paper between each layer to protec the sequins, etc. More tissue paper on top- have never had a wrinkled dress, also pick up a travel steamer, no fire hazard and works beautifully! Hope ya'll find this useful..)

;

I travel several times a month in my job. I use the dry cleaner bags for suits, dresses, blouses. Works great - but you need to have a full suitcase so they don't move around. Never a problem for me - I've never learned to pack light.

Packing produces wrinkles... If not, why do we even hang clothes up to begin with? Those who post that they never get wrinkles also frequently espouse the beauty of a travel steamer. Well, how would one know how great a travel steamer is, if they are able to pack wrinkle-free? LOL

Pack the best you can, bring a steamer, wrinkle-releaser, or use the ship's service.

Tracy

(an iron-crazed, wrinkle-free, freak!!)

I don't travel with a steamer or an iron or a wrinkle release spray and I don't get wrinkles in my clothes.

For my formalwear, I pack each piece separately on a hanger and put a dry cleaning bag on each garment. Then I knot the bottom creating a little air pillow around the garment. For long gowns, I put a dry cleaning bag at the top over the hanger and another one from the bottom up (w/ the neck of the bag at the hem of the dress. Now the bottom of the two bags will meet in the middle with a little overlap which I tape together in a couple of spots.

I pack all the sportswear, etc and gently lay the formal wear on top folding it in half. It's the last to go in the suitcase and the first to come out.

This method has worked well for years.

Hi: Besides Downy spray has anyone used the brand name Febreeze spray for clothes?? I truly need to know if someone has used that brand.

marilyn

I think the Febreeze product you are thinking of is for the removal of odors, not wrinkles.

I also swear by the dry cleaning bags. In the suitcase, I use packing cubes and folders. Everything is organized and not squished. I think the reason many people get wrinkles is because they are packing too tight. You need to fold (or roll) carefully and not pack so much you have to force your suitcase closed.

Our formal stuff goes into the garment bag, no way you can pack too much in there. Our garment bag is great, it has extra outside shoe pockets, the corners above the shoulder area have pockets perfect for my evening bags, inside pockets for incidentals. I could pack myself for a weeks travel in that bag.

I also think the cleaning bags are great, but before our Panama Canal cruise I was worried about packing for 15 days so started looking for ideas. Someone on CC suggested the "Bundle Method". Try the link below. I have tried this on our last two trips and it has been great!

http://www.packinglight.com/plight/text_1.asp?tx_id=77&

Packing produces wrinkles... If not, why do we even hang clothes up to begin with? Those who post that they never get wrinkles also frequently espouse the beauty of a travel steamer. Well, how would one know how great a travel steamer is, if they are able to pack wrinkle-free? LOL

Pack the best you can, bring a steamer, wrinkle-releaser, or use the ship's service.

Tracy

(an iron-crazed, wrinkle-free, freak!!)

I guess I pack to minimize wrinkles. I still expect a few, but I can either deal with it, let them fall out naturally, try to get them out with the steam from the shower, etc... I just don't want to get there and discover that all my clothes are a wrinkled mess and I have to spend a lot of time getting rid of them.

The "Bundle Method" was really confusing at first, but once you get started with your clothes it isn't too bad. On our trip last week I even left the coat hangers on the shirts, just slid it down in shirt a little. I packed tawo days early and when we got there I just pulled out the bundle, lifted the hangers and put them in the closet. I never used an iron the whole week.

My roll-on suitcase has large metal "tubes" at the bottom creating 3 valleys that need to be filled up before anything will lay flat. I can't imagine the bundling system working in one of these spaces. But then, like HappyK's, I'm a big fan of the packing cubes.

If we do a couple of pre-cruise nights in a hotel, the packing cubes allow me to live out of the suitcase neatly for a couple of days.

I'm not saying anything's wrong with the bundling system. I bet it's great for certain types of trips and packing needs.

Archived