What do you think of Jean Shorts?

stitch78

I think it depends on the type of jean shorts whether they look right or not. On women, cute short shorts are nice (of course only if you are thin) and even the Bermuda ones are nice. On guys I think if they are baggy enough they are OK, but most people seem to hate jean shorts. What do you guys think?

Depends on the style and cut of the shorts and ofcourse the person wearing them. (Like you have mentioned)

I do not wear any kind of shorts because I do not like the way I look in them-but I did have a cute denim skort and I have some denin capris. Both of these I have worn as daywear on cruises-I would never wear them to dinner though-unless I was dinning on the Lido.

I wear jean shorts, but I'm picky about them. I like them dark and shorter but not like cut-offs. About mid-thigh is good. I wear denim skirts and stuff like that too.

My Dad somehow got the idea that MensHealth is the go-to source for men's fashion and now refuses to wear denim shorts because they said men over 40 shouldn't wear them. I don't know why.

I personally don't like jeans shorts,but the new, slimmer cut bermuda type ones are fashionable. My husband uses his old jeans shorts only when he is washing the car, he has stopped wearing them out in public years ago and much prefers cargo shorts.

Newport News sells jean shorts is tons of colors. I have bought them before and they fit nice. But last year I bought a few skorts made by Dockers and just loved them. I wore them all summer. I hope they stay in style because I am not giving them up!

I think jean shorts are fine in a casual enviroment. I don't like cut-offs though. But if you think you might uncomfortable wearing them, I'd say stick with Khakis so you're not worrying about if you might look stupid. Jean skirt and capris and gauchos are perfectly fine.

As I replied to another post, I don't wear denim from May-September because it's just too hot for me (I prefer knit skirts and sleeveless dresses in the summer) so jean shorts are a "NO" for me as well. As for seeing them on others, I've only seen a few "matches" with short style and body style that I've liked, so.....I'm not fond of them overall:o

I can't say I dislike ALL denim shorts. On men, I don't like them too tight or too short, but that goes for ALL shorts for men:) ...I think real short and tight is OUTOUTOUT! For women, it depends on the style and the fit. I have a couple pairs of favorite denim shorts...I love my Old Navy denim shorts with the drawstring waist, but they are ONLY for VERY casual events! I really like the new style skorts, with the short underneath the skirt so it doesn't show. I think those are cute and flattering and they come in a variety of fabrics. I like the skorts that JCPenney sells. I also like denim skirts and have been looking for a longer length (ankle) but haven't found one yet...are they not 'IN' anymore? I had one last year (OK, OK...it doesn't fit this year):o and really liked wearing it to work (extremely casual environment-shorts, jeans) it was cooler than jeans for summer.

Interesting thread.... What is it specifically that you all dislike, can I ask? Is is too casual.. the look, shape...???

:rolleyes: I'm intrigued!!!

If you are directing this at me, these are my reasons.

Men's in particular that look like hemmed jeans that hit mid thigh and are always worn with white 'sneakers' (those sneakers that are worn a couple times a year for nothing athletic).

Women's because I've never seen a flattering pair.

Cut offs are the worst.

It doesn't take any more effort to wear a jean skirt or khaki shorts both of which are nicer than jean shorts.

I don't know, maybe it is a jean short phobia?

Interesting thread.... What is it specifically that you all dislike, can I ask? Is is too casual.. the look, shape...???

:rolleyes: I'm intrigued!!!

Actually I don't hate jean shorts. I like them. There are plenty made that are lightweight denim material, so they are not heavy or hot like many people say. Some are just as light as cotton. On men, I don't like it when they wear it with a shirt tucked it but shirt hanging out it's fine. Of course only for casual wear, not to dinner. Although, a was out with a group of people at a little get together and a few women started laughing when I asked where I could get a cute pair of jean shorts. They said they went out of style 10 years ago and are awful on anyone (men or women, but especially men). My friends and I looked at each other confused because I never heard of jean shorts being out of style. So I was curious is this just those particular girls or everyone thinks this way.

I don't like jeans shorts because they don't fit well. I don't like pleats or gathers at the waist, I prefer pants to fit flat and most of the jeans shorts don't.Plus they pucker to the back, unless they are hot shorts, and I am not going to be caught dead wearing hot denim shorts! :p

I don't like jeans shorts because they don't fit well. I don't like pleats or gathers at the waist, I prefer pants to fit flat and most of the jeans shorts don't.Plus they pucker to the back, unless they are hot shorts, and I am not going to be caught dead wearing hot denim shorts! :p

I've never seen jean shorts with pleats! All mine are flat fronted, just like my jeans.

Men's in particular that look like hemmed jeans that hit mid thigh and are always worn with white 'sneakers' (those sneakers that are worn a couple times a year for nothing athletic).

My husband wears sneakers with his shorts (absolutely REFUSES to EVER wear a sandal of ANY kind):confused: but he works out at the gym alot...maybe I should make a sign for him that says "I usually wear these sneakers to the gym":rolleyes: But he won't wear denim shorts either.

I don't like shorts (not just denim...ANY shorts for men or women) that have elastic around the waist...I just don't like the look. I know they are comfortable and necessary for some people, but not for me...

Female: I hate shorts, always did. I find them uncomfortable. Now that said that is for me.

If I see them riding up in the back between the legs, that is a bad look period.

I've seen nice shorts and that they look good on some people. I don't know about the bermudas, those I don't mind as much. I'm talking the ones that are above the knee. I've seen young girls in short shorts and they look great.

I still dislike jean shorts but can look nice on girls college age or younger.

Men: I don't care for jean shorts again on any guy older than college age but think they can look better on guys than gals.

Some men look nice in shorts, some don't. My DH loves to wear shorts on vacation at the seacoast with sandels. He doesn't wear sneakers, if he can wear shorts, then sneakers will be to hot anyway. He will not wear them in the city. He will only wear them in a country setting. He doesn't wear any kind of jeans so no jean shorts either. His shorts are not short and they are on the baggy side but not to baggy and he wears them with the polo style short sleeved shirt tucked in with a fabric belt. If he wears a "shoe" with his shorts it's the topsiders (deck shoes in the original tan/brown) color.

He actually looks nice in them but then maybe I'm just predjuced because he is my DH.

My husband wears sneakers with his shorts (absolutely REFUSES to EVER wear a sandal of ANY kind):confused: but he works out at the gym alot...maybe I should make a sign for him that says "I usually wear these sneakers to the gym":rolleyes: But he won't wear denim shorts either.

No, not those. These are plain white sneakers that you can look at and tell nothing athletic is done in them.

No, not those. These are plain white sneakers that you can look at and tell nothing athletic is done in them.

hehehe...I was just teasing! I wish I could get him into a pair of sandals. BUT...we have been married for 24 years and I know that when his mind is set, it is set. No sandals for him. I did buy him a pair a few years back, and I think they are still in his closet with the tags on them!:eek: Tennis shoes, Harley boots, dress shoes or boots for work...NO SANDALS:(

Archived