Sleeping will be more comfy on RCI!

Royal Caribbean plugs twin-bed gap

Tuesday, 04 Apr 2006 16:00

Sleeping on a Royal Caribbean cruise is about to get more comfortable Royal Caribbean will be making its cruise holidays that little bit more comfortable with the fleet-wide introduction of new beds.

The cruise line will be installing new mattresses designed to solve the problem of the dreaded gap that forms when two twin beds are pushed together to form one larger, queen-size bed.

Each mattress will have a two-inch thick custom-designed pillow top, which is doubled over when on a twin bed, but unfolded and laid on top of one another when beds are pushed together to create a queen-size gap-free bed.

The bedding program also involves new bed frames designed to prevent sagging, along with new sheets and pillows.

"Though we think bedtime is the last thing on anyone's mind while on a Royal Caribbean cruise, we do realise that sleeping well is essential to our guest's vacation experience," said the cruise line's president Adam Goldstein.

"As with other Royal Caribbean enhancements, our new bedding programme will provide our guests with a compelling stateroom experience."

The new beds will make their debut in May aboard Royal Caribbean's newest ship, Freedom of the Seas, and will be rolled out to the rest of the fleet by May 2007.

Maybe it will help the bed bug problem too! The Royal Suite folks should get the "sleep number" adjustable beds!

From Travelbite.co.uk Off the Google Finance page

does anyone have any idea as to when the bedding will be changed? We are going again on the Serenade Jan 6 '07. I always am so disappointed in cruise ship beds, why are the mattresses so thin and so saggy?

I emailed C&A and they could not give me a schedule, just hope the Jewel gets the new bedding before October 26th :D

###

I feel like I am the only one on these boards who is so inebriated and sleep-deprived on cruises that I could sleep like a baby on the wooden floorboards of the promenade deck! ROFL

Tracy

As I was posting the post below mine said they had and experience with bed bugs on thier ship. Just thought it tied in.

If they have them all done by next year, the Explorer should have them in June 07. (I HOPE!)

Happy Cruzin' Ya'll!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived