Workout Shoes

Best fit will depend on your foot shape. I have a wide toe box and have never found Nike comfortable--too narrow. The best shoes for my feet have been Saucony and New Balance. Just get out there and start trying shoes on:D

If you can, go to a running shoe store and have your step evaluated. They can recommend the propper shoe for you & your wallet. If you don't have a store in your area, look for Brooks, Asics (sp?) or New Balance. They are all soft and comfortable.

i have no-name brand shoes, which have worked great thus far. might i make a suggestion... if you want good support and comfort for your feet, buy a good pair of insoles, which are usually thicker than the ones that come in the shoe. a good pair of insoles cost around $20 at foot locker. good luck. :)

I run in New Balance or Aisics Gel Nimbus.

If you are going to run, try and get fitted for your running shoes. It really does make a difference.

Also, you'll only get about 500 miles out of your shoes. If your knees, hips, or back start to hurt after a run, the first culprit is usually lack of support in your running shoe.

BlueHerons

I run in New Balance or Aisics Gel Nimbus.

If you are going to run, try and get fitted for your running shoes. It really does make a difference.

Also, you'll only get about 500 miles out of your shoes. If your knees, hips, or back start to hurt after a run, the first culprit is usually lack of support in your running shoe.

Thanks,,, that IS the problem!!! My calves are really hurting too and that doesn't usually happen.

I am going to Chicago with girlfriends this weekend for a weekend of shopping, so I thought I'd check before I went.

I've been buying Ryka for years. They are supposedly designed BY women, FOR women.

I'm told that most women have a wide toe box and a narrow heel and most shoes aren't designed to accomodate that. I know that before somebody at Lady Footlocker turned me on to Ryka, I had a real problem with my heel slipping inside the shoe, and wearing Ryka solved the problem.

I bought my most recent pair on e-bay and have been very happy with them. Saved about $35 too, even after paying for S & H.

T

Archived