Star has arrived!!

bjcanady

No, she has not moved. It appears they have changed the camera angle on the ship's cam.

Here is a link to the Bremerhaven cam. Click on cam one and you can see her at the top of the picture behind the QE2.

http://www.bean-bremerhaven.de/bean05/webcams.html

I am booked on Star for the 5/15 cruise. :)

Terry

From the ship's bridge cam at 8:00 this morning Star appeared to be in a different position than before and now it has changed once again. At 8:00 it looked as though the water next to the ship was agitated as it would from a prop or thruster. A tug was very close to the ship. Although possible, it does not appear to be different angles from the bridge cam but of course it could be from a different cam on the ship. Unfortunately, I can tell nothing from the Bremerhaven cam. I trust that regardless of Star's position there has been progress!

No, I don't think she has moved at all as of the 29th... If you look at the first photo from April 9th (top left) then look at April 29th (top right), it's the same position..... And the bridgecam looks to me like the moved the angle down.. Instead of seeing the very top of the stuff in front of it, now you get a wide angle view.... just my opinion......;)

It is very difficult to compare the photos Frank took with today's bridge cam if you have not been to the shipyard. I have NOT been to Bremerhaven and each picture is just a part of the "jigsaw puzzle." I agree that Frank's early pictures and those of the 29th show an unchanged position. When I look at those pictures (esp. #s 1 & 2 taken on the 29th) they appear to show Star docked parallel to the pier and the pier across from it. If you look at the bow in Frank's pictures there appears to be only water in front of it. To the right may be seen a series of cranes and some buildings. On today's bridge cam it does not look like the ship is docked parallel to the pier or the pier seen to the right of it in the cam's picture. It also appears that the bow of the ship is pointing to that pier. The buildings and the cranes do not seem to match Frank's shots. When I saw the changing cam picture this morning, I chalked it up to their moving the ship to block the wind as they were painting the balcony area. I do think that Frank is very likely correct - - The plastic is in place due to painting. It will be interesting to see what the cam will show when the painting is completed. Until then let's enjoy the cam's pictures and speculating how to interpret them!

No, she has not moved. It appears they have changed the camera angle on the ship's cam.

Here is a link to the Bremerhaven cam. Click on cam one and you can see her at the top of the picture behind the QE2.

http://www.bean-bremerhaven.de/bean05/webcams.html

I am booked on Star for the 5/15 cruise. :)

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for this link - we too are booked for 5-15 and keep checking for signs progress. It is difficult to determine what still has to be done to the interiors. The clock is ticking, but we are staying very positive.

Terry,

Thanks for this link - we too are booked for 5-15 and keep checking for signs progress. It is difficult to determine what still has to be done to the interiors. The clock is ticking, but we are staying very positive.

You're absolutely correct. Frank's pictures are great and I thank him very much as they have given us a glimpse of what is going on, but its impossible to know what the interiors of those cabins look like. And even if we had pics of the interior, there would be a hundred different opinions on whether she'd be done on time! We'll just have to wait and see.

Hi,

I looked at the pictures of the bridgecam toady, but there's no move of the Princess. Sometimes the cam is moved to the left and there's a larger angle to see. As there's many traffic in the near of the shipyard you can see other ships and "waves" of the water. Also the Queen Elisabeth 2 was seen a short time while going to the dry dock last Monday.

Unfortunately I could not do good photos of the Queen, because while in the dry dock she is surrounded by many buildings. Only the chimney is seen all the time.

If I have time I will go to Bremerhaven on Wednesday. If not you will get the next Photos on Friday.

Bye Frank

P.S. I'm looking forward to see the Queen Mary again next Saturday.

Go down to the bottom of the page and click on the Star Princess

This page shows the progress to date.......

http://www.essorg.de/fots/index.htm

In case there is any confusion, that simply links to the page of Star Princess photos posted by fg_hb (Frank), which he's already mentioned several times in this thread, most recently in this post.

Hello again,

I was at the shipyard today to for taking some new Photos of the Star Princess. There's not much difference between the last ones and the photos now. There's not much to see, because the important parts of the Princess are hidden. There's one photo where you can also see the Queen Elisabeth 2 which is in Bremerhaven too.

Enjoy and look for yourself at http://www.essorg.de/sp

My next time at the shipyard will be probably on Sunday.

Bye Frank

sp20060503.jpg.d6594f8664df8cb231042225daa060a9.jpg

Hi Frank,

I seem to be having trouble getting your pictures to load up. I've been looking at them over the past few weeks and never had a problem before.

Thanks for going out there and keeping us informed!

Hi Frank,

I seem to be having trouble getting your pictures to load up. I've been looking at them over the past few weeks and never had a problem before.

Thanks for going out there and keeping us informed!

Hello,

I have tested the website and I could see all pictures from different computers at home and at office. Maybe there's a firewall at your home / office / provider which is blocking the site because of misconfiguration.

Sometime strange things happen if there are left old things in the cache of your computer. Empty your cache and try again.

All pages are made with plain html with no special things like java or java-script so that everybody should be able to view them.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Another suggestion is: if you're using I.E., go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files. This deletes the temporary files (not cookies -- that's a separate button) stored on your computer. I've found that I need to clean these out every once in a while, particularly if images or pages don't load or take a long time. It could take a while for these files to be deleted so be patient.

The Star is supposed to sail on the 15th. Any idea how long does it take to sail from Germany to Copenhagen? Any idea of when the work has to be finished by so that the ship is ready to sail from Copenhagen on the 15th? Does the sip have to pass any inspections before it can come back into operation?

Archived