Star has arrived!!

bjcanady

A huge Mahalo (thank you!) from here in Hawaii. We have watched the Star's progreees through the photo's and viewed her sailing from Germany with a big sigh of relieve. (we sail on Sept 12 b/b on the 22nd too) So we will spend 25 days onboard and sail on her back into NY.

We all owe you a debt of gratitude. You've kept us well informed.

Aloha,

Bev

As my DW said, mahalo to you both for keeping CC members up to date on the progress of the Star while she was in for repairs. I can't say enough thanks for the dedication in taking the photos and posting them for all to see. I know there are several months before I will sail on her again and I'm sure that if anything further needs to be completed, it will be before then. I'm also sure that those sailing on the 15th are extremely pleased she will be in Copenhagen awaiting their boarding.

To all who venture with the Star, may you have a safe and pleasant journey.

Aloha,

Hello again,

yesterday I could not write much words about "the awsome leaving Bremerhaven" of the Star Princess, because I was in hurry. As mentioned yesterday I also could see and document only the begin of the departure.

It was a really awsome moment at 11:11 am local time as the last rope to pier of the shipyard was released. Our Princess blows her whistle three times which was answerd by I wistle from the shipyard. After that she had to go backward through the turning bridge see turning bridge and then again forward through the locks turning 45 degree to the right. After going th the locks she is free on the Weser river and has to turn nearly 180 degree for going to the northern sea.

The photos of the Bremerhaven webcam which links are posted by Globalizer whom I thank very much are showing the last step of the departure at the locks.

I fixed a broken link at http://www.essorg.de/sp and added also a little movie I recorded yesterday from the local news magazine "Buten & Binnen" (translation: outside and inside [bremen]) which shows the departure of the Star Princess from another viewpoint. It's showing many crewmembers on the new balconies saying "thank you" to the workers of the shipyard who worked 7 days a week, 24 h a day for bringing the Star Princess back to life. I am also thanking Mr. Lüken the chair of Lloyd shipyard and all the 1,500 workers for bringing our Princess back to life.

Good luck to all readers of my posts and viewers of my pics

Frank

Frank,

Well done AGAIN :) Thank you SO very much :)

Having the small video clip was like being with my friends on the Star as she leaves Bremerhaven bound for Copenhagen.

You have done an awesome job sharing your photos.

Take Care

Cathy

I fixed a broken link at http://www.essorg.de/sp and added also a little movie I recorded yesterday from the local news magazine "Buten & Binnen" (translation: outside and inside [bremen]) which shows the departure of the Star Princess from another viewpoint.
It made me laugh to see that the report named the wrong ship - even though her name was in the pictures that were then shown! :D

Thank you again, Frank - a superb job of chronicling these repairs.

A great big thank you Frank from one who was supposed to cruise on the Star, but didn't on April 16th. We're rebooked for next spring though. It's been so good of you to keep us all informed with your super pictures and videos. You're so kind.

It made me laugh to see that the report named the wrong ship - even though her name was in the pictures that were then shown! :D

Hi Globaliser,

you're right. I didn't realize the error until now. In my opinion the film was rather short. I hope there will be another dokumentation in the next days. The repair of the Star Princess was an important matter to the Lloyd shipyard and Bremerhaven. I will record the local news for a week for not missing a documentation.

I made another not so spectacular video with my photocamera yesterday. After a moment of thinking if it's worth to be uploaded I deceided to do it anyway. You can find it at http://www.essorg.de/sp

Feel free to watch.

Bye Frank

I just booked my second Princess cruise yesterday-on the Star 12/2 Caribbean. Was not that impressed with the food and entertainment on the Sun so we are hoping that this will be more to our liking. Booked in B627. Anyone know if this is one of the damaged units and/or if it is a good location? Are they refurbing any of the public areas while in drydock? How is personal choice on Star...we will NOT be taking ties, jackets etc ..is there a good alternative to the dining room on the formal night. Any other comments on the Star appreciated.

I just booked my second Princess cruise yesterday-on the Star 12/2 Caribbean. Was not that impressed with the food and entertainment on the Sun so we are hoping that this will be more to our liking. Booked in B627. Anyone know if this is one of the damaged units and/or if it is a good location? Are they refurbing any of the public areas while in drydock? How is personal choice on Star...we will NOT be taking ties, jackets etc ..is there a good alternative to the dining room on the formal night. Any other comments on the Star appreciated.

You are in a good location just aft of midships. It should be very convenient and quiet also. Here is a link to the deck plan:

http://www.princess.com/ships/tp/room/B627.html

You are on the opposite side from where the fire happened.

If you don't want to do formal night your best option is the Horizon Court where you can wear casual attire at all times.

Archived