Golden Princess, in Scotland

Shogun

Here are the details from the Princess description:

WHAT YOU VISIT

Inveraray Castle - One of the earliest examples of Gothic Revival and Scots Baronial architecture, the castle, which dates from 1770, is the seat of the Dukes of Argyll, head of the Campbell clan. The highlights of your tour include the collection of family portraits, tapestries, and the Armory Hall, which alone contains 1,300 pieces of art, and finely appointed rooms boasting an exquisite collection of French 18th-century furniture, English china, family artifacts and objects d’ art.

We were a little disappointed in this tour last fall. You can't take any photos within the castle. But we did get to see (meet?) the current Duchess and her little boy. He was adorable. The Armory Hall was quite interesting.

I assume they want you to buy there photos,
Absolutely. Most of the major sites we visited last summer had excellent guide books. The proceeds support the upkeep and staff at these sites, so it's a fair bargain in my opinion. The books are high quality and quite interesting.

Hi Folks,

You ask hard questions,

One is a coastly type of trip sea lochs etc, while the other goes more in land.

If I had to pick one I would take the Sheep dog one, ie the inland one in that you will get to see a little bit more of Scotland and get a chance to see different scenery,

The best thing to do is come back next year and do the tour you did not do this year.

Then again there is the trip to Edinburgh, then the Stirling (BraveHeart) tour etc so looks like like you will need to come back every year for many years.

Scotland is very small but often refered to as the biggest little country, there is many reasons for this for our size we have spread all over the world, we have invented almost, well ,almost everything worth inventing.

But for a small place the scenery can change so much from white sandy carribbean style beeches on the west coast, to sea lochs like those of Norway to the flat lands of etc etc.

What ever you do you will find a warm welcome awaits you.

As to Invergordon have not toured that area myself.

But again it is a very attractive part of Scotland,

yours Shogun

Archived