Considering the Mercury...Help Me!

karfest

is going fine. Things seem to be under control, finally. I too am looking at early 2007(have a cabin on hold) and have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever.

Marie

which trip do you have on hold? We are booking in cabin 1002 (I think) on the 9 Feb 07 voyage to Mexico. This will be a celebration of DH's 40th (which was this week) and our 6th anniversary (in August) but we delayed the trip just to be able to go to Mexican Riviera. I've heard such amazing things.

I did read one review elsewhere on this site that said that she (the writer) felt as if Celebrity was "grooming" Mercury for the over 80 crowd. Does anyone have some feedback for me regarding that statement?

It's too bad we are not on the same sailing. I am 43 and dh is 57 so we don't qualify for the over 80 crowd either, lol. I think that is an odd statement and I have no idea what that poster meant. However, I DO love HAL, and that is considered a more "mature crowd", lol. We will be celebrating our 24th anniversary which is a month earlier :). My sister and I cruised on the Oosterdam last month to the Mexican Rivera and really enjoyed the itinerary. Have a wonderful cruise.

Marie

Just booked the mercury for Jan 29th. I would think everything should be fine by then. I booked because of the itinerary and figure the ship would be good. I have sailed on 5 RCCL and hope I will not be disappointed with Celebrity. Has anyone heard when she will be dry docked to Fix her up?

Just booked the mercury for Jan 29th. I would think everything should be fine by then. I booked because of the itinerary and figure the ship would be good. I have sailed on 5 RCCL and hope I will not be disappointed with Celebrity. Has anyone heard when she will be dry docked to Fix her up?
I have not heard about a "fix er up" time :p but would be interested in that info. We chose this ship and cruise for the same reason, it seems all the other ships out of San Diego at the same time go to less places. Having never been to Mexico, I (of course) want to see it ALL!! This will only be our 2nd cruise (the 1st was RCL's Mariner in Feb05) and I am really hoping not to be disappointed.

Hi Megsmom!

We are also looking at the Feb 9 cruise. We have cruised this basic itinerary twice and have taken land based vacations in Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta. I would LOVE to go on the NCL Star again but I don't really care to see Acapulco again and I've never been to Manzanillo. I know you should never base you cruise on having to see certain ports, but this itinerary is perfect for us!

I've never been able to judge the "average" age on a cruise, there is always such a mixed bag. We hang with the kids and also hang with the older than us folks. Age is just a state of mind. (except on our Hawaii cruise, we were the only passengers not using canes and scooters:D )

Archived