Star Princes Exclusive Photos By Crew Members

HumanCookie

The crew gave us hint as to where the fire originated. Look at the photos Cabins A310, A330 and A338 have been singled out.

Yes, I noticed that. But the fire crew was called to deck 11 first which is baja, not aloha. Prior to the call being made for us to go to muster stations, they called them "to deck 11, deck 11". That alone would lead me to believe that the major fire was on deck 11, but of course that a guess on my part not something that I can say for sure. I was told by crew members as we were in muster that it started on deck 11 in cabin 336 or 338.

it breaks my heart to see some of those pictures and brings back horrible memories of what our cabin looked like. They wouldn't allow us to take a picture of our cabin. The wall with the burned picture over the bed looks similar to what ours looked like. We didn't have a sliding glass door left, what had been two sliding doors with a small wall between then was just one big huge hall. It's scary to see these. The damage is more than you could have imagined. This also went out into the halls and that black soot that you saw then got dragged throughout the ship in some areas and down stairs. The furniture on what was left of our balcony was gone, completely gone. What was amazing was how something would burn but something next to it was just covered in black soot, it's like it picks and choses things.

Not sure if it was a good thing to see these or bad as I was just starting to get images out of my mind. My husband won't even look at them.

All I can say is I don't know how we all made it and I have no idea how those firefighters got the fire out. The fire was so hot and so damaging, it's a miracle that those hard working fireman got it out, a miracle.

I thought your camera was lost in the fire.

Ron

I thought your camera was lost in the fire.

Ron

It was lost in the fire, but we were traveling with friends who had a camera as did our daughter. Was there really a need to second guess what I had posted? I'm not in the habit of lying. Believe it or not, there are plenty of cameras on board the ship including disposable ones in the store!

I would have liked to take a picture for insurance purposes and were told by a senior officer, no pictures. Should have been my right but we were so shell shocked we didn't push the issue.

Wow.. could get into the pics from work! I truly cannot believe no one was more seriously injured and that the fire was well contained considering the circumstances. And people are stressed about their belongings? There are "things" I would hate to lose but what a small price to pay for safety! And all of that will be sorted out -- it just takes a while. As a legal professional I am really amazed that these pics -- esp. showing cabin numbers -- are onthe web.... IF (and please read that word -- "IF" because I have no idea and am relying on facts as they come out and no word of mouth stuff) there is any sort of criminal investigation going on I don't think either side will be happy to see that.

Wow.. could get into the pics from work! I truly cannot believe no one was more seriously injured and that the fire was well contained considering the circumstances. And people are stressed about their belongings? There are "things" I would hate to lose but what a small price to pay for safety! And all of that will be sorted out -- it just takes a while. As a legal professional I am really amazed that these pics -- esp. showing cabin numbers -- are onthe web.... IF (and please read that word -- "IF" because I have no idea and am relying on facts as they come out and no word of mouth stuff) there is any sort of criminal investigation going on I don't think either side will be happy to see that.

I don't think that I or others are stressed by the lost of the belongings more than as it's much easier to stress over that than think about the alternatives. I've stated more than once how I thank god nothing happened to us and I do every day. Believe it or not, it's so much easier to focus on items than the event, not quite sure why! Seeing those pictures again drives that home but it's a sight that I tried to forget.

I said the same thing this morning, Princess will be very upset. Not a great thing that the pictures are on the web and if they ever find out which employee did it, I'm sure they'll be fired. There was a reason they wouldn't allow us to take pictures inside of our cabin, not happy about it, but I understand it. I hope this doesn't hurt any criminal investigations going on.

If you have not yet been questioned and you were on the ship they are requesting passengers complete the questionnaire form at this site:

http://www.maib.gov.uk/latest_news/star_princess.cfm

Thank you for this link, I have forwarded to our friends. I talked to them this morning and they will fill out the questionaire. Just a coincidence, he is a firefighter and, this was their first cruise.

They were in cabin A-246. She got up about 2:30 am to close their balconey door because of the noise from an ongoing party. The noise then seemed to become more intense, so up again. That is when she spotted the fire, got her husband out of bed and when he saw the flames, he knew they had to leave. They have a photo of the deck in flames - 8 cabins to the aft and one deck down.

I recognize this is second hand information.

Not sure if it was a good thing to see these or bad as I was just starting to get images out of my mind. My husband won't even look at them.

All I can say is I don't know how we all made it and I have no idea how those firefighters got the fire out. The fire was so hot and so damaging, it's a miracle that those hard working fireman got it out, a miracle.

cjskids - I feel your discomfort. I was sick to my stomach after looking at a few of the photos. Brings back too many memories for me.

I could also almost smell that acrid smell of burned building materials. :(

It is a miracle that most everyone survived and I hope you, your DH and the children are better.;)

cjskids - I feel your discomfort. I was sick to my stomach after looking at a few of the photos. Brings back too many memories for me.

I could also almost smell that acrid smell of burned building materials. :(

It is a miracle that most everyone survived and I hope you, your DH and the children are better.;)

We're fine, thank you for being so thoughtful. I still am coughing a bit and I'm about done with it! Everyone else if fine. Time heals everything, helps to ease memories and life goes on. The feeling of terror and anger over someone's stupidity fade. It's not the worst thing I've been through but one of the scariest. Again, compared to the woman who lost her husband, my experience pales in comparison

Now if you could all do something about hurricane season starting soon I would be eternally grateful!

Now if you could all do something about hurricane season starting soon I would be eternally grateful!

MOVE! :D

Seriously, I'm glad y'all are better and I pray that the hurricane season will go easy on the states and islands this year.

WOW...

Now, how did Princess think the ship would sail the following week after the fire???? Was it really necessary for princess to make future passengers wait a week to find out that the following week would be canceled??:confused:

MOVE! :D

Seriously, I'm glad y'all are better and I pray that the hurricane season will go easy on the states and islands this year.

Can't do that, Naples is paradise! It makes it that when I end a trip I don't feel sad because I know I'm heading home for the Palm Trees and paradise! Now talk to me it's a 3rd terrible season and I may change my mind.

WOW...

Now, how did Princess think the ship would sail the following week after the fire???? Was it really necessary for princess to make future passengers wait a week to find out that the following week would be canceled??:confused:

They knew it wasn't going sail. The Captain talked about the possibility of bringing the ship back to Fort Lauderdale with those on board who could and wanted to stay. It wasn't announced until Thursday evening after we left the ship that the cruise has been canceled. I'm sure the powers to be needed some time to gather their thoughts and their wits as to what to do and how to announce it. Once the announcement was made, there was going to be a lot of anger and speculation about the condition of the ship and I'm sure Princess needed time to figure out how to handle that.

Those are shocking photos. I've never been on the Star, but I've been on the Grand twice, so I look at the pictures and see something that looks very familiar, but destroyed. Some of the photos really turned my stomach, especially the cabin with nothing left but a charred bedframe. I can only imagine what it's like for cjskids and others who were on the ship at the time of the fire to see those shots.

Seeing the photos clearly points out how very hot and destructive this fire was. It is a miracle there weren't more people killed or seriously injured. Thank God the staff appears to have been well trained in emergency procedures and the passengers all responded in a timely manner to the calls to muster stations. It really does look like time was of the essence.

Thanks for the pic link. I was on the CB last week and I can tell you that everyone took the muster drills seriously.

CJskids- I live in FL too. I'm in Palm Beach County and am dreading hurricane season. My husband just fixed our fence (again:eek:).

WOW...

Not only is the answer to your question obvious, but also the fact that you don’t know what Princess was thinking.

Oh my...the second page,bottom row, second from the right. It shows the outside of A338....this was the room I shared with my husband and 7 year old on our January cruise. I have shivers seeing this picture....

Archived