As a newbie to X would value your opinion please

happycruzer

My DH and I have a CC cabin on hold for the Summit Panama Canal transit in April 2007. It is cabin # 9160. Can anyone advise me on whether or not this is a good cabin for this trip.

We have had Aft cabins on our past 3 cruises and love them. The extra balcony space and the views so far have been wonderful.

We do use our balcony alot of the time, ie breakfast, sunbathing and always to watch the stars at night before going to bed. We enjoy the sun (we live in the UK and dont see a whole lot of it lol) so hope that this cabin wont be in too much shade.

This is our first trip with X and of course our first CC class, we usually go for JS so would value/welcome any advice/tips or info on this cabin.

Thanks in advance for any replies and I look forward to reading them.

Regards Happycruzer

Hi,

As a former aft-corner resident (hehehe) I can say you'll probably love the placement of your stateroom. It's great for all the things you've mentioned, and will be a wonderful spot for seeing things in the Panama Canal.

Granted, being an aft stateroom, if you elect to view the entire transit from your balcony, you'll miss some things. I'd suggest going forward to see the ship enter at least one of the locks. Otherwise you'll miss all the fun of the little rowboats that work the lines for tie-up, and the excitement of the approach of the massive ship into that narrow lock.

Some will suggest that a deck 9 stateroom will have noise from the afterdeck bar. This is purely subjective. Some are bothered by the noise of revelers and music, others enjoy it.

Above all, have a GREAT cruise. The Canal itinerary (Florida to California) is our favorite Celebrity cruise.

CM

Terrific Cabin! My mom was in #9164 (the disabled one a couple of doors down). The veranda is huge and comfortably holds two loungers and a full size circular table for 4. Room service breakfast out there (or any meal) will be great!

On thing we enjoyed (some might not) is that on late afternoons/early evening a guitarist played immediately above on the deck above. He ended before dinner so it wasn't intrusive, but it was nice in the sailaway post-sailaway time frame.

A minor - "ehh" is that the stewards tend to park some of their service wagons at the pasageway end. It would be nicer if they had a place out of the way, but still a small price to pay for such great cabins.

Enjoy!

Hi,:) I was in 9160 on SUMMIT back in Oct. It was very nice.

One deck up to the buffet area and a wonderful bar outside too.

I never had any problems with noise.

And yes, there was a great guitarist who played at the bar

area. Great spot with tables, chair and umbrellas.

Enjoy your cruise:)

My DH and I have a CC cabin on hold for the Summit Panama Canal transit in April 2007. It is cabin # 9160. Can anyone advise me on whether or not this is a good cabin for this trip.

We have had Aft cabins on our past 3 cruises and love them. The extra balcony space and the views so far have been wonderful.

We do use our balcony alot of the time, ie breakfast, sunbathing and always to watch the stars at night before going to bed. We enjoy the sun (we live in the UK and dont see a whole lot of it lol) so hope that this cabin wont be in too much shade.

This is our first trip with X and of course our first CC class, we usually go for JS so would value/welcome any advice/tips or info on this cabin.

Thanks in advance for any replies and I look forward to reading them.

Regards Happycruzer

Hi Happycruzer !

You have made an excellent choice. No worries. Say hello to my favorite Celebrity ship, and enjoy your Cruise !

Good Morning All from a wet and windy Scotland.....What a helpful and friendly group of people you all are and thank you for such a quick response !

We have just returned from RCI Jewel of the Seas and had an aft,corner JS there ~1100 for anyone who might know it...so we were spoiled. No great perks but wow what a room and balcony.

I know the CC onboard the celebrity will be much smaller (from the brochure deck plans) but I was more concerned that the balcony wouldn't be closed in too much and that we would be able to sunbathe there etc. But having read all of your replies I am convinced we should be ok. Music from the upper deck wont be a problem nor a few chairs etc being moved around so we're ok with that. Infact it sounds as if it would quite pleasant to sit on your balcony and be seranaded by the guitarisr on the deck above us, could think of a lot worse things than that.

Can anyone shine some light on what the CC class is or provides and also what kind of weather/temperatures we could expect on this trip. Sorry for so many questions but I'm afraid the brochures etc we get here in the UK are very basic with their info.

Thank you all again.

Have a great day

Happycruzer

We booked our first aft cabin for this coming Feb. We are also seeing the Panama canal. as everyone said, you will love the cabin. Last cruise we met friends through this site that had an aft cabin. We had many a pre- dinner cocktail there and enjoyed it so very much. So this time we decided to enjoy one ourselves. This will also be our first CC level.

Enjoy your cruise and please write back and give long reviews on your tours etc... what to see, not to see nad not to miss.

Nadine

I have had that cabin on the Summit and you will love it! I have also done a Panama Canal cruise, but in a very forward balcony cabin. Once you go forward to see how you enter one lock, you should be able to enjoy the rest from your aft balcony. You can watch the ships coming behind you also.

If you are interested in the history of the building of the canal, McCollough's book A Path Between Two Seas is a must read. There was also a 1999 Nova special (they showed it on the canal cruise I took, but it is available from netflix I notice) called A Man, A Plan, A Canal -- Panama (which is a palindrome) based on McCollough's book. When you read how the canal was engineered and dug by hand with many, many losing their lives to malaria and accidents, it becomes even more of a wonder! Have a wonderful cruise! That was one of the best cruises I took.

Archived