Shipboard credit for stockholders?

SailorKate

thanks Southbound...looks like the stock is very close to its 52-week low....anyone know why? may be a good buying opportunity...and if you cruise a lot...at $ 250 credit each time...sounds like a win-win situation...am I missing something? :D

The stockholder report indicates the sbc is not applicable against gratuities—the 10 dollars per day per person? Yet on our recent Caribbean cruise, we were able to use our 100 dollar ship board credit toward the tips. What other similar experiences have you all had? For use against the tips or not for use against the tips?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add another data point...

I recently tried to get the shareholder benefit for a cruise I'm taking in June. Holland America turned me down, saying, "The fare you are booked on (3-day Sale) regretfully does not allow any other offer or promotion to be used in conjunction."

Admittedly, the fare was awesome -- I really wasn't planning on cruising this summer, but I couldn't turn down a rate offering a suite for less than an outside (non-balcony) cabin. So I'm not complaining about the net result, but thought people would be interested in knowing that the shareholder benefit does get denied for some fares, even fares that are available to the general public.

Doug

DougK,

It happened to me once also. It was a last minute cruise and the fare for an S was unbelievable. Hal turned it down based on the fare.

Whenever we do back-to-back cruises, we use the Carnival stock shipboard credit for 1 segment and the AMEX Plat for the other one. We have never been turned down by HAL for either.

And no one on the ship has ever said that we couldn't use either shipboard credit towards the automatic tipping.

Sailed on the Ryndam Christmas of 2005 and received our $100. shareholders shipboard credit. Over the past many years we have only been denied once, the stated reason: because the fare we paid was too low. I've noticed it's getting harder to find our from reservations if your shipboard credit was added to your reservation. We are leaving for the Veendam on Sunday and there wasn't the usual notice of a shipboard credit included with our tickets. Maybe with the new system notification isn't included anymore. Take care.

Be certain to check with the front desk about shipboard credit within the first couple of days on the ship.

Also, do you have anything in writing from your TA from HAL? If so, take along copies. We had to show copies of the fax that was sent to our TA from HAL on our last cruise.

Archived