Legal age to drink Alcohol?

Avalonpf

Hi, I am going on Carnival Victory May 7th, next month. It will be my first ever cruise and I can't wait. I am only 20 years old and I heard the legal age to drink alcohol is 21.

This really sucks because here in Canada, I am old enough to drink. Is there any way around this? I heard you can get permission from your parents to drink alcohol. Is this true?

My older brother and two cousins are going so they can sneak beer for me! Hopefully!

Any info would be great!

From your cruise contract:

Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21).

Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy.

Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

From your cruise contract:

Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21).

Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy.

Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

Thats not good news:( Maybe I won't have beer and have Rum instead. Thats easier to sneak in you pepsi!

Thats not good news

The US is going on a neo-prohibition kick...

Maybe I won't have beer and have Rum instead. Thats easier to sneak in you pepsi!

...or just wait until you get to the ports of call where the dranking age is neonatal. Carnival is used to hauling dranken kids on board in Mexico and de islanns mon, but just won't help dranken them on board.

Hi, I am going on Carnival Victory May 7th, next month. It will be my first ever cruise and I can't wait. I am only 20 years old and I heard the legal age to drink alcohol is 21.

This really sucks because here in Canada, I am old enough to drink. Is there any way around this? I heard you can get permission from your parents to drink alcohol. Is this true?

My older brother and two cousins are going so they can sneak beer for me! Hopefully!

Any info would be great!

Hate to bear the bad news to you, but you will be (1) year shy of being able to drink onboard the ship and getting served while being underage is watched very closely by the cruiseline (based on what I have seen on previous cruises).... Now at your ports of call, that's a different story all together as I have seen 18 year olds and under, being served alcohol and beer at various bars in various ports of call.

You will have a great time regardless.... don;t let this hamper your cruise experience because there is more to a cruise than drinking !

dang it! I finally got above 50 posts and now this thread's gonna get pulled and I'll be back down again.

So start a thread...

Amazingly, there is still a debate about raising the U.S. drinking age. I don't know how much power it has. But I'll reserve my ranting! I'm just glad I turned 21 so I don't have to worry about it anymore...

The good thing is that as the thread went on, Derrick did begin to spell slightly better.

Any thread I'd start would have to be about the Americans who cruise to 3d world countries and complain because they have no air conditioning and the phones don't work right. And who wants to read that?

Just some advice...the age is 21, not 20....as far as drinking in some ports I wouldn't since your at your own risk there....and trust me you dont' want to get into any trouble in other countries, they have their own laws and if you do get in trouble Carnival is not responsible and if you miss your ship, tough luck, they sail when they say they will and it is up to you to get to the next port they stop at....not worth the trouble if you think about it and there is allot to do on cruises other than drink....:confused:

Any thread I'd start would have to be about the Americans who cruise to 3d world countries and complain because they have no air conditioning and the phones don't work right. And who wants to read that?

Start one about swimmies in the hot tub. :p

Just some advice...the age is 21, not 20....as far as drinking in some ports I wouldn't since your at your own risk there....and trust me you dont' want to get into any trouble in other countries, they have their own laws and if you do get in trouble Carnival is not responsible and if you miss your ship, tough luck, they sail when they say they will and it is up to you to get to the next port they stop at....not worth the trouble if you think about it and there is allot to do on cruises other than drink....:confused:

I think that'd be up to the OP whether or not it's worth it to drink in ports since the drinking age is probably 18 there (I know it is in Mexico).

The drinking age in most of the world is 18. Major exceptions: the US [21] and many muslim countries [never].

I know some countries differentiate between beer and hard liquor too. In Germany, it's 16 for beer and 18 for liquor.

Archived