White Pass Railway question

BRC6C

Is there some reason I am missing for booking this through the cruise line? I know the price difference isn't huge, but saving money is always good! On the White Passs web page it says that cruise ship passangers should book through the cruise line for "convenient dockside service" what exactly are we talking about for our $11 pp?

Thanks!

I don't agree with the "selling point" of dockside boarding, being an advantage???? BECAUSE, hopefully you are going into town to enjoy the activites there??? That is where the depot is and where independent bookings board. The only way the cruise line booking is an advantage is IF you don't plan on doing or going anywhere else except your cruise ship.

Save the money and book directly through the website.... I think they have an insentive program with the cruiselines... they ran some tracks right up next to the dock, so you can walk right onto the train at the dock... otherwise you must walk about 100 yards or so to the depot to board....:eek: I think I can handle that....:)

Is it fairly safe to wait and purchase our tickets when we get there if we're buying directly from White Pass or should we buy them ahead of time on the web site?

We'll be going in August and if we can, I'd rather wait and buy them the day we get there.

Thanks,

Deb

For those of us who booked through the cruiseline and board at the dock, is it possible to get off at the train depot or do we have to get off where we got on?

Nope the train returns you to the ship.

Is it fairly safe to wait and purchase our tickets when we get there if we're buying directly from White Pass or should we buy them ahead of time on the web site?

We'll be going in August and if we can, I'd rather wait and buy them the day we get there.

Thanks,

Deb

If you have all day in port, meaning, having the chance for at least 2 trains, then you can probably wait. But I would be certain to be off your ship first thing and head stright to the depot for availablitiy.

Archived