which deck? Dolphin or Emerald?

TheHappyWanderer

Dolphin deck balcony is completely exposed, Emerald deck balcony is completely covered. It's simply a matter of balcony preference as I believe the cabins are identical on both decks.

On the Emerald deck, E730 and 731, port and starboard aft, have extended balconies.

This pic should help. The deck on the left is Caribe - half covered, half exposed. The deck on the right is the Dolphin deck. The Emerald deck is below the Dolphin deck.

http://www.princessshutter.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/normal_212563148CpmBoc_ph.jpg

Our first Princess cruise is on the Crown and we chose an Emerald mini.

The Emerald deck is my favorite deck. I like to be close to the water, also the balconies are private - people from above cannot see your balcony.

Just be careful on club fusion.....I would stay away from E720-E730 port side and E734 aft...JMO I spoke with the couples in E728,E730, and E734 and all could hear club fusion....I was in E732 and it was bad. Now may parents were in E721 starboard side and heard nothing....

We were in E727, and one night we THOUGHT we heard the music, but it was so faint we werent even sure. Perfect cabin, no problems, nice quiet hallway. Very convenient to aft elevators to Palm dining room, and Horizon Court. Love that deck and those AD Minis. Karen

We were on the CB last September on the Baha deck and loved it, but if we ever go on the CB again, we will choose the Caribe Deck. It is twice the size of the other balconies and 1/2 is covered and the other half is open. There is room for lounge chairs as well as a table with chairs. I would go with Caribe if possible.

Looking for the mini suites on the Crown deck plan I see that there are only two mini's on the Emerald deck....aft cabins. All the rest of the mini's are listed as being on the Dolphin deck. And on the Emerald deck the cabins port and starboard near aft (E730) look like they have huge balconies, but they are listed as regular balcony cabins not minis. Did Princess put all but two mini suites on ONE deck?

On the Princess site, the Crown Emerald Deck plans have been incorrect forever. Cabin categories are the same as the CB. I've reported the errors to Princess 3 or 4 times, with assurance each time that they would be corrected within 24-48 hours. :rolleyes:

Looking for the mini suites on the Crown deck plan I see that there are only two mini's on the Emerald deck....aft cabins. All the rest of the mini's are listed as being on the Dolphin deck. And on the Emerald deck the cabins port and starboard near aft (E730) look like they have huge balconies, but they are listed as regular balcony cabins not minis. Did Princess put all but two mini suites on ONE deck?

Just did E731 on the Sapphire which is the last mini on the emerald deck starboard with the extended balcony (and was the least expensive of the mini's). No noise from Club Fusion ever. We will always try and book this balcony in the future. Ultimate privacy and you get sun for about half the day. We don't like to spend a lot of time in the sun because of being fair skinned so it was perfect for us! Check out my pics through my link in my signature. A lot of my pictures were taken straight off of the balcony.

We are booked in cabin E731 on the Crown and I am wondering if it has an extended balcony? The deck plans for the Sapphire show the balcony extended but the deck plans for the Crown and CB do not show it as being extended. I am confused. Has anyone been in that cabin on the CB? Thanks

We are booked in cabin E731 on the Crown and I am wondering if it has an extended balcony? The deck plans for the Sapphire show the balcony extended but the deck plans for the Crown and CB do not show it as being extended. I am confused. Has anyone been in that cabin on the CB? Thanks

This thread will answer your question but the short answer is yes, it is extended: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=310117&highlight=caribbean+e731

Thanks Zebboriah. It looks like I picked the right cabin.

You did, indeed. We should all keep quiet about it though or it will be the first cabin booked on every cruise. :p I absolutely loved that cabin and hope to book it again in the future.

This seems like as good a place as any to ask my VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION. :)

First, we are MAJOR aft cabin fans. So we know that we DO want to be on the aft of the ship.

We are currently booked in E734 for the July 11 sailing of the Crown Princess.

We have C752 on hold.

E734 is right over Club Fusion.

Stay or switch?

Carol

about the Diamond last night. We wanted to move to E732 from C224. Two folks responded and said they had cabins E731 on the Sapphire and never heard a thing from Club Fusion. I switched cabins this morning.

We decided having an aft cabin would make up for any noise we might hear from Club Fusion. Maybe we will stay up past 10:30 pm and enjoy nighttime on the balcony ;-))

Cheers, Denise

When We sailed on the Caribbean Princess last year and this year, We took a balcony on Baja Deck and enjoyed it very much as Deck above covers you. Caribe Deck is partly covered. I would not consider Emerald Deck as it is over Promenade Deck with all the night spots such as Club Fusion. Between the 2 decks You mentioned, I personally would choose Dolphin Deck. You have cabins above and below you. Ike

Archived