Regal Princess - Stuck on sandbar in the Amazon

Packhorse

LARGIN he's the same guy. He is Italian and has his Italian Citizenship and stops over in Italty after his contracts for a week or two before heading home to Thailand but is married to a Thai woman and is living in Bangkok...it the same person I am sure...he has hair like "fozzy bear"...grin...

We did the Regal holiday cruise 2005/6 (Ft Lauderdale to Rio) and she is in excellent shape, both ship and crew. Still one of the cleanest, best maintained ships out there. I look forward to our next trip in August on the Regal.

Ed

T&J Same guy.. First met him in 1993 on the Regal when he was a waiter. I think he became Head Waiter around 2007. He is a good friend.. He is too honery to be a Maitre D' :D Did he say where his next contract is?

He's asking to come back to the Regal because he finds it very easy for him on that ship and should be back around mid August as he disembarks on June 14th....actually I am going toi see him in Bangkok as he has invited me to his home for a meal when I get off the Pacific Princess June 14th in Bangkok...great man and yes he should be a Maitre'd however he's to modest and also very happy in what he is doing.

The ship became stuck on a sandbar in the Amazon in its current cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus. The ship was freed after 1.5 hours, "by using its bow thrusters, emptying the pools and probably grey water and some ballast."

from

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

Many thanks. I would have missed this otherwise, and have added it to my

events page. I do appreciate you taking the time to write,

Best wishes,

Ross

We dined in the bistro once on our cruise - we did not have the salmon but our dinner was again a Princess 10!!

I don't understand why someone who was on the Regal in Sept 05 and thought it terrible would cruise again in March 06 - Oh Well - some folks are into Masochism - not me.

Ron

Perhaps we can all agree to disagree in our opinions---Some think that Bush and Rummie are great--others think very differently. And so it goes. I, personally, thought the Regal was my least favorite---of the Princess ships---but then decided that "suffering on the Regal" was not really suffering....the ship did get us from Bangkok to Sydney---and I got my week in Angkor Wat, and my DH got his month in Australia-- &-we forgot the Regal...

We are looking forward to our next cruise on the Sapphire---b to b to b-(new ship for us) ----and eventually on the Royal---b to b-------and after that????---but not the Regal for us. We hope you folk who love the Regal will have a fabulous journey, and that you will wish us well on whatever ships we choose. No need to think that some of us who do not love the Regal are pretentious, or similar slams....My assigned dinner table for 10 at the front door of the main dining room was the worst ever---and we left after 2 nights. Could not hear---etc. BUT, we found the Bistro, and had most of our lovely evenings there---SO--you see---it is possible to make lemonade out of lemons....The matre-d---later said---our entire table had "disappeared"

Room for all of us on CC without throwing stones, I hope...Glad that the ship is off the Sand bar---......lots of hugs to you allllllll--and a Happy Easter----

Yes, Princess has announced the transfer of Regal to P&O Australia, but who knows, twice before it has been scheduled to leave Princess, and both times the transfer was rescinded.

T&J and I, although on the same cruise 'round the Horn 3-9/22-06, disagree about the ship, its food, staff etc. Differing opinions are not uncommon, I enjoyed my cruise, apparently he did not.

He probably was the Captain who drove the Diamond Princess into the dock, tipped the Grand Princess over and lighted the Star Princess on fire... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

......careful, Largin, humor and sarcasm are often "misunderstood" on the boards.......:D :D :D

Archived