Must-Dos on Princess

cruzin2paradise

Thanks, luv. I just wanted to make sure that it is an opportunity for ME to GET some champagne. (and not the stuff they've been pouring in the silly waterfall. There's nothing worse for sparkling wine than letting all the bubbles out like that.)

Waterfall is on the last formal night on all Princess ships. On Grand, dh went to cabin with a headache and I went to the waterfall. Six glasses of champagne later and I wandered back (last glass as I was getting on the elevator). Plenty of chance to enjoy, they were even pouring it while people were in the Conga line. Hope this picture helps the visuals.

Don't think I have seen this mentioned but do go to Sterling Steakhouse. Steak there was every bit as good as Smith and Wolensky in downtown Chicago.

61887928_GrandPrincess05208.jpg.b2658a5bf05f4a27e1b8fa533d45d151.jpg

Breakfast on the balcony is well worth the 25 dollars for 2 extra that you must prepay before your final payment. I also enjoy the classes...there are so many, but they are all real learning experiences and a good way to meet others (there is a fee)

Here's a picture of what you get with the champagne balcony breakfast.

346873594%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3238%3E387%3E584%3EWSNRCG%3D3232473439534nu0mrj

346873594%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3238%3E387%3E584%3EWSNRCG%3D323247344534%3Bnu0mrj

346873594%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3238%3E387%3E584%3EWSNRCG%3D3232473439533nu0mrj

Also had a big plate of sweet rolls.

Go to Sterling's for steak. I loved it.

Oh and my favorite thing to do in the morning was go to the espresso bar with a good book and sit and watch the waves with coffee.

And try as many martinis as you possibly can!!!

Waterfall is on the last formal night on all Princess ships. On Grand, dh went to cabin with a headache and I went to the waterfall. Six glasses of champagne later and I wandered back (last glass as I was getting on the elevator). Plenty of chance to enjoy, they were even pouring it while people were in the Conga line.

Donna, I don't suppose that you by any chance remember what label of champagne they were pouring?????

Go find a quiet hot tub at Midnight.........

Go to afternoon tea ( A Must) at least once.........

Take a strool on the Promenade deck after a great dinner.....

Have your picture taken in black & white....

I adored the photographers on the Sun Princess last January...I skipped the gangway candid shots, but had a couple of great shots on formal night that I went ahead and purchased.

My first cruise was on the Caribbean Princess on its first sailing. Due to it being my first cruise there were many things I knew and didn't know about and wished I would have done. Do MUTS, I wish I would have but we never seemed to do it. We loved Anytime Dining, just it you have it read the Princess Patter the night before and decide what time you want to eat and make reservations. Stop by and listen to the piano man (if they have one) Many have said pay the money and go eat steak. RELAX MORE. Shower in the spa. Get to the pier early. Ask if any upgrades are available. See the shows. Play bingo, it is cheaper than RCCL. Get the drinks of the day to save money. Hopefully the next cruise I am on will be a Princess cruise!

free- as using the equip,met like treadmills, steam room and sauna rooms...free
Oh, serene, this makes me think of another question.

I assume that there are extra towels for use in the spa???? I certainly don't have to bring my cabin towels, do I???

Question - given the choice, would you do the balcony dinner or breakfast? DH and I want to celebrate our anniversary in style . . . thoughts?

Absolutely do the balcony dinner (assuming you have a balcony)! We did it on the CB last May and it was great. Made you feel like you had special service on a private yacht. Presentation, service, flowers, cocktails, etc. were all great and they took some terrific 8x10 pictures (no additional charge) also. Call the concierge as soon as you board to schedule it as there are a limited number of these available each night.

Have fun!

Kurt

Absolutely do the balcony dinner (assuming you have a balcony)! We did it on the CB last May and it was great. Made you feel like you had special service on a private yacht. Presentation, service, flowers, cocktails, etc. were all great and they took some terrific 8x10 pictures (no additional charge) also. Call the concierge as soon as you board to schedule it as there are a limited number of these available each night.

Have fun!

Kurt

Do people actually cruise without a balcony? Just kidding, I know they do, but we don't - not anymore. In fact, it's part of the addiction for me (see my fun thread on how to tell if someone is not an addicted cruise).

Thanks for the opinion - sounds wonderful to me!

Archived