Fireworks at Sea?

Has anyone ever experienced seeing a firework show onboard a ship while at sea? I was thinking that at night while on my last cruise, it would be neat to see a farewell fireworks display. I can understand the risk with it, but has it been done?

Disney does it during pirate night. I believe on our last cruise we were told they are the only line currently liscensed to do it. It is quite a show! We were on the Repo cruise through the canal in August and pirate night was as we were leaving Curacao. The town shot of fireworks as we left and then the show was returned from the ship - quite spectacular!

While in Puerto Vallarta in the Vision of the Seas last month, the Pirate Ship Excursion sailed from the same pier we were docked at. Our 10PM departure that night allowed everyone on our ship to watch the fireworks finale from the Pirate excursion. The fireworks explolded nearly directly over us- it was great. Capt. George made an announcement earlier in the day about the fireworks show, so the upper decks were full of spectators. He even got in on the fun by blowing the ship's horn during the performance.

I was off of the coast of Aruba for New years eve, the fireworks that the island displayed (Privately) was unlike any display I have ever seen, It went on from 2pm-3am -- because we were only going to curaco the next day, the captain circled us around the island for several hours to see the fireworks.

The island of Curaco puts on a spectacular fireworks display everytime a HAL ship leaves port after dark. It's beacuse of the Dutch connection between the line and the island. My DH and I have seen it twice. It's fantastic.

Linda

How about fireworks show from on board the ship? Has that been done before?

After my recent experience on the Star Princess with the "FIRE" I would have to say that Fireworks aboard the ship would not be a good idea not to mention all the safety issues that would go along with fireworks on board. ;)

Never seen it...but the topic did remind of a certain cruise/fireworks related situation that brought me a little chuckle...

Summer before last, we did a 13-night cruisetour on the Summit in Alaska...

The tour started July 3 in Fairbanks...

My wife realizes it's Independence Day and asks if there's going to be anything special...like FIREWORKS...

I respond with some certainty that I sincerely doubt it...and she gets a little bent out of shape..."It's July Fourth...How can they NOT have any Fireworks??"

"Well..." I tell her, "When do you suppose they should have them? After Sunset?"

"Yeah!"

"Well, my dear, sunset isn't until NEXT MONTH"

Yup, on July 4th is Fairbanks, it NEVER gets dark!!!

Yes, as stated above, the Disney ships do an onboard fireworks show.

No thank you, have you ever watched the fireworks shows in Portland, OR. They put those fireworks on a very unmanned barge for a reason. We watched one explode we prayed everyone made it off before it did. Maybe from a distance but I would not want them firing off of my ship. Few if any ships even have Baked Alaska's anymore. It all sounds fun until someone looses an eye!! :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived