Is it okay to where CCL shirts on RCCL,,,

REGINA

A couple of years ago I had a nice Disney Cruise Line t-shirt which I wore both on Carnival and RCL ships. Interestingly, I was askes by several crew members on both lines if I work for DCL and how much they would love to work with them, some even said they had sent in their applications. Seems like DCL has quite a good name in the industry.

Marc

I scrapbook our trips and DH buys Tshirts --- he wears them all the time. He's worn Disney on RCI ships and had not weird stares. Like many posters have said, it starts interesting conversation. I work for a major credit card company -- and I wear/have logo stuff all the time. Starts intersting conversations. Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

I wore my Mariner of the Seas cap to lunch on the Radiance, and Mimi, the head waiter, told me that it had the wrong ship on it. He then said that if he caught me with it again, I wouldn't be waited on! He was joking of course, but there is even some competition (albeit friendly) between ships of the same line. Had I worn a Carnival cap, he might have tossed me overboard!

Sovereign of the Seas 2002

Voyager of the Seas 2003

Mariner of the Seas 2004

Radiance of the Seas 4/2006

Carnival or Celebrity Cruise Line. RCCL owns Celebrity so that is fine, but not Carnival.

Hey, you all know if they wear CCL shirts on RCCL people are going to make rude comments. Not everyone but there will be a few and alot of comments from the crew.

• 2 months later...
I wore my Mariner of the Seas cap to lunch on the Radiance, and Mimi, the head waiter, told me that it had the wrong ship on it. He then said that if he caught me with it again, I wouldn't be waited on! He was joking of course, but there is even some competition (albeit friendly) between ships of the same line. Had I worn a Carnival cap, he might have tossed me overboard!

Sovereign of the Seas 2002

Voyager of the Seas 2003

Mariner of the Seas 2004

Radiance of the Seas 4/2006

Mr. Clean,

I had a similar run-in with Mimi in 2002, on Radiance, during a Panama Canal repo cruise. Not a wardrobe issue, but a wine issue. It was a formal night, and even though I had my tux on, and my lovely bride was dressed to kill, he almost didn't let us into our table.

Why?

Because one of our travel buddies (who had decided NOT to go on this cruise) had found it necessary to have another couple in our group sneak a bottle of Boone's Farm aboard for celebrating the canal transition.

One look at the bottle and Mimi shook his head and told me not to bring it into the dining room. After I explained to him the very warped sense of humor that our absentee travel buddies possessed, he graciously allowed us in. He then proceeded to take the bottle with him to the table, and had one of the waiters retrieve "special glasses for the occasion". Shortly thereafter, we had 12 paper cups from the Windjammer coffee service sitting in front of our group and Mimi poured everyone a glass...er....paper cup and then led us in a toast.

We're sailing the repo from Vancouver to LA in September and I'm going to try my darndest to get into Mimi's section. This time we're sailing with the owners of our local wine shop, and there sure isn't going to be any Boone's Farm on this voyage!!!

I would find it to be a good conversation starter.

Even on land, if I detect any article of clothing suggesting cruising, I speak right up and engage in some interesting conversations.

Go for it!

I plan on bringing my Disney coffee mug on the Explorer. :)

I wouldn't have even thought that people would be upset about this. I have worn my Windstar t-shirt on Disney cruises (and vis versa) and never even thought about it. I think it is great to see all the places/cruises that people have been on, so that I can ask about them.

I can't imagine that we are expected to stay loyal to one cruise line (I never have). That is what makes vacationing exciting, trying new places every time.

We have a Princess expandable bag since we went on one our first cruises. It is the kind that starts out 12 inches high but can be expanded to about 3 ft high and it is the perfect souvenier bag. So we always bring this bag on all our cruises. It never fails though that whatever ship we are on that someone comments on this bag. Our last 3 have been on Carnival and the next two are on RCCL, but our trusty Princess bag will be with us!

We have a Princess expandable bag since we went on one our first cruises. It is the kind that starts out 12 inches high but can be expanded to about 3 ft high and it is the perfect souvenier bag. So we always bring this bag on all our cruises. It never fails though that whatever ship we are on that someone comments on this bag. Our last 3 have been on Carnival and the next two are on RCCL, but our trusty Princess bag will be with us!

That Princess bag IS great. I have one too. I'll use it on any cruise, any time. It isn't about making a Princess statement, it's about that great bag. I have the RCCL duffle too and I use it...but I can't see not using the better bag just because it has a "Princess" logo on one side. Sorry I'm not a loyal extremist but...it's just a bag.:rolleyes:

If these are the only shirts you own, do you really need to be going on another cruise?

Is it going to ruin your cruise if they wear them? What difference does it make? There are a lot of people who cruise different lines and all it is a t-shirt with advertising on it. What if it had advertising for beer or a concert or anything else? Are you objecting to advertising in general or the fact that it is Carnival?

Personally I see it this way. Wearing another cruislines T-shirt on RCI is kind of like going to a LA Dodgers game wearing a SF Giants jersey. I don't think It is a horribly big deal but their might be some looks.

And trust me if I ever go on Carnival you bet your ___ I'm wearing my RCI paraphernalia.

Archived