Atkins forum

mecb50

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this thread and have been trying to read and catch up on everyone and everything. I've been (dare I say) addicted to CC since I found it when I booked this last cruise ;)

I was a "low carber" from way back...come to find out the reason I "felt better" eating this way was because I WAS actually diabetic and didn't know it :eek: Found out a few years ago.

Well now that I've come "full circle" medically, diagnosis, diabetic diet -insulin and feeling pretty yuckey most of the time as I followed the doctors "treatment plan") I now live my life eating low carb and by doing so have managed to be INSULIN FREE for awhile now! It's kind of like living on the induction part of Atkins (yup, it isn't fun!) but totally worth it to me to not have to take insulin :D

I don't use this WOE to loose weight but to stay healthy. I wish I could drop a few pounds but eating like this doesn't make me loose weight, its just what I have to do. When I don't stay low carb I not only gain weight but with the weight gain I feel really, really bad (sick, lethargic, sweaty, headaches, mood swings, severe depression - the list goes on and on!) and typically my blood sugars climb and then I require insulin again. Ughhhh Don't want to do that! So, I stay low carb and lately I am in need of more/new low carb friends.....people are really not doing the low carb thing as much are they?

So I figured I'd get to know you all that are low carbin' and cruisin' and maybe drop a few pounds (is 20 a few?) since it's my way of life - low carbin' and now dreamin' and countin' down till cruisin' - so Hello to you all!

My next cruise is coming up on November 26, 2006 and I'm totally thrilled. Its been awhile since we've been on a cruise without the kids! 24 and a half year anniversary with dh!

Can't wait ...am counting the days.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the board :) We are 14 ladies cruising on Jan 14th 2007 and can hardly wait...so the countdown is on now...even if I can do a lb a week, my goal is 20lbs before the cruise...I know its dooable...its just doing it..lol

With all of your experience, and helpful hints .... I am great in the day time, its after 7pm that I want to snack...ugh!

Jo

.... I am great in the day time, its after 7pm that I want to snack...ugh!

Jo

JO,

I know what you mean!!!!! There' s something super addictive about nightime and snacking! I tend to overeat even the low carb treats, it's amazing how "little" that 1/2 cup serving of LC Breyers Ice Cream is isn't it? Not my idea of a serving size, serving size means using a "serving" bowl to me!

I have huge (no pun intended) issues with eating too much of even a low carb thing! That's why I'm trying to stay on the CC boards...beats snacking....beats spending my cruise money "shopping"...."shopping" is my "other" way to keep from snacking! Too busy shopping to eat!

Thanks for the welcome. Where are you all cruising together to?

Hey Jo,

We're doing a similar route - Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Belize. And I WILL be getting off the ship at each and every port...I've got some serious fun planned that no "bug" is going to interfere with! That's what DEET is for, LOL.

Jan

Hi all- glad to see some action on this board again. I'm still playing around and trying to figure the WOE that works best for me so I added back some carbs to see if I could get rid of these headaches. Nope, headaches are still here and the acid reflux is back so now I'm back to low carb. It's time to grocery shop again anyway so this is as good a time as any to make the switch. I knew it was time when I was eating sushi yesterday and found myself knocking rice off because it "ruined the taste.":D

Tami

:cool: Arghh, I started Atkins on 9/6/06 in order to drop an additional 15 before the 30th of Septemeber. I've been doing good by Atkins standards 5.5 lbs off the first week, I've been kind of dissapointed though, I thought I woud drop more weight faster. Hopefully the same amount of weight drops till the end of the month when we leave. I'm looking forward to sporting my new two piece, I've been going to gym everyday for about an hour, 5 days/wk to tone up for the past three months

Keep your spirits up cruisers, the payoff is worth it. And for the men and woman that feel comfortable with their bodies the way they are, you get two thumbs up from me. :D

weight.png

I should have started measuring myself three months ago, lol. I know I can see the difference, a big difference since I been primarily doing weight training. I can feel the difference in my clothes that are hanging off my you know assests and I'm starting get nice solid arms. I have to run to the store and finally get myself that soft measuring tape. ;)

weight.png

Well, then you will definitely look better in your clothes no matter what the scale says. I'm having the same issue. The scale isn't moving much even though I'm doing cardio 5-6 days a week and weight training 2-3 but I have lost over 2 inches on my waist and almost 3 on my hips.

Tami

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am new to this section of the board.

After 6 months of trying to lose 30 pounds for our October Th cruise and still only down 5 pounds I have decided I need to cut the carbs. Since I an an older adult with type 2 diabetes I'm unable to lose eating the 200plus carbs per day on both Weight Watchers and Nutrisystems. I have tried so hard to make these programs work all the time knowing that carbs are EVIL. Good carbs or bad....they are bad for me! We leave on Tuesday for our pre tour and then off on the cruise to see the fall leaves. I will be back the end of October and will be looking for your support! Good luck to all of you and to me while I am gone.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all we are taking my son and his two best friends on a cruise for his bday! I am stoked as always to be cruising. I started atkins to lose weight 2 weeks ago....just found out I'm pregnant and the doctor Highly recommends that I stay on my eating plan....says its a very healthy diet for a pregnant woman. So I am now not trying to lose weight just trying not to gain 70 lbs like I have in my other pregnancies. Not sure if you'll have me.

Archived