Do Sky Suites on Mercury have tubs with Whirl Pool Jets

luvthis

Okay...I've read on this board both "yes, there are small jets built in the bathtubs of the Sky Suites on the Mercury" and I've heard "no, there are no jets in the bathtubs of the Sky Suites on the Mercury".

So, would someone who has sailed on Mercury in a Sky Suite on the Penthouse Deck recently please clear it up for me?

I know I'll find out for myself when we board her on May 8, but would sure love to know for sure in advance of sailing.

Thanks! Just over 2 weeks. Ahh, calgon...take me away!

--Jean & Bob, Racine, Wisconsin

We were on Infinity when she was only about a month old and at that time, somehow the tubs with the jets were not installed in the Sky Suites. I don't know if they went back and switched the tubs over to jetted tubs since 2001 or not, but we missed out...jets weren't there.

I realize that the tube jets won't be like a full jacuzzi, but I sure would enjoy having a tub with them, no matter how reduced in size it is, ya know?

--Jean

Hi, Jean and Bob - we were in what was then a "Suite" on Penthouse Deck on Mercury in 2003. Those cabins have since been redesignated as "Sky Suites" even though they don't have the large balconies of the ones on Sky Deck. And yes, the bathroom had a jetted tub. It's not very large - it's not a soaking tub by any means, but it did have jets that we used a few times.

Enjoy - Mercury was our favorite out of many wonderful cruises. I'm sure being in that suite was a lot of the reason we had such a good time.

Thanks so much for the info. I am aware that our suite only has a 69 foot veranda. I was able to spot the exact veranda off of a picture posted from another cruisecritic member today. Cool stuff! I delibrated picked a Penthouse Deck Sky Suite, because we are going to Alaska and I prefer to be a bit lower on the ship and I didn't like the idea of people above being able to look down on me while I stand at the rail. Plus, I think we'll get a nice clear view from where we're at. I know many of you will say Bob & I should have taken a suite on the Sky Deck, but I am happy with being on the Penthouse Deck, forward SS #1015. At the time we booked, there were several suites available on both the Penthouse & Sky Deck. Now all the Sky Suites are booked for our cruise.

Great fun ahead! We can hardly wait to leave.

Thanks again!

--Jean & Bob

We were in a Cat 1 suite (now designated SS) aboard Galaxy which is on Deck 10 (Penthouse). Our tub had jets. Here is a photo fo the SS: Galaxy SS 1060.

Here are photos taken by a passenger of their Penthouse Deck SS aboard Mercury during their Alaska cruise: Mercury SS 1023

One of the photos shows the tub. A single jet is partially visible, if you look closely enough.

We were in a Cat 1 suite (now designated SS) aboard Galaxy which is on Deck 10 (Penthouse). Our tub had jets. Here is a photo fo the SS: Galaxy SS 1060.

Here are photos taken by a passenger of their Penthouse Deck SS aboard Mercury during their Alaska cruise: Mercury SS 1023

One of the photos shows the tub. A single jet is partially visible, if you look closely enough.

Thanks for the pictures. Bob & I are too chubby to share the tub (ha), but we'll certainly enjoy our individual relaxation in it. We've stayed at an all-inclusive adults only resort in Puerto Vallarta several times and one time they upgraded us to a suite with a huge jacuzzi in the room. We spent an awful lot of time in that darn jacuzzi, added bubbles to the water, and pretended we were kids again. And the memories just roll on & on....

Jean & Bob

Archived