Non smoking and Non children ..........

uk1

Mrs Waldo,

Great to hear you had a good cruise - and I hope you're daughter got her oysters and remembered to fold her napkin at the end of her meal! I predict your children will grow to be great adults with whom I'd love to share a dining table!

I've not been on SS for a few months and I'm interetested ....... have they introduced the new customer feedback form on the ships yet ie did it ask about how each service compared to what you expected - or was it still the old feedback form?

Jeff

along with an array of other new things! She didn't go much on the herrings though.

Not sure about whether the form was new or not...it had a ranking from 1 to 10 and little dots you coloured in. It was a folded A4 page with a space comments rear.

On a different note we ended up with a last minute decision seeing In Extremis at the Globe. even though it was pretty bawdy it was an excellent production and led to much discussion about the reformation and religious thought in the middle ages.

along with an array of other new things! She didn't go much on the herrings though.

Not sure about whether the form was new or not...it had a ranking from 1 to 10 and little dots you coloured in. It was a folded A4 page with a space comments rear.

On a different note we ended up with a last minute decision seeing In Extremis at the Globe. even though it was pretty bawdy it was an excellent production and led to much discussion about the reformation and religious thought in the middle ages.

They haven't introduced the new feedback. Doesn't suprise me!

Hope you enjoyed the Globe and it's atmosphere. Were you there during the Mayors festival? If so we were probably watching you watching it!

We're just off to Cannes for five days to recharge on proper hotel mini-bars and oysters - that is if Heathrow let's us through ........

probably the highlight of this years UK fleeting visit and one of the most interesting theatre visits I've done (the only one outdoors and not in the botanic gardens).

We were there last Sunday (24th) so i dont think it was part of the mayors festival.

I'm glad we opted for the more expensive seats (out of the sun)..i think it was.

Enjoy Cannes...it's back to dreary day to day life here...have been trawling the SS website..hopfully 2008 will come up with something.

Shame - the festival was the previous week.

Good to hear you enjoyed London. It has been transformed over the last 10 years or so. Although I was brought up in the very center - and then left, I return very often and find it refreshed and ready and new for every visit.

Last week I was shocked to find a Bavarian beer keller with Nena (99 red balloons) performing. Every taste is covered.

Thanks for your comments re Cannes.

The question of smoking, and where you can do it will be debated forever. I don't know why the rabid anti-smokers don't simply book on lines that ban smoking and stop complaining about the ones that allow it. Don't book on SilverSea and travel on Oceania instead!

Last month I was on the Nautica. It was a lovely ship and a great cruise; but I found its no smoking policy to be oppressive. So, I won't sail on Oceania again. Now, I'll try SilverSea, and hopefully the ship won't be full of non-smokers who complain the whole time. I think that the cruise business is large enough to accomodate those like to smoke and those who loath it. But I don't think it can be done on the same ship. Non-smokers will always complain about the slightest wiff of smoke and smokers will complain of being treated unfairly about where smoking is permitted. So, despite the Supreme Courts ruling (separate is not equal), this question won't be settled until separate becomes the norm. If smoking is that big an issue for some one, only book on ships that do or dont' allow it at all. Take a stand and only book with those whose policy is clear - one way or the other - and maybe the complaining can stop.

The question of smoking, and where you can do it will be debated forever. I don't know why the rabid anti-smokers don't simply book on lines that ban smoking and stop complaining about the ones that allow it. Don't book on SilverSea and travel on Oceania instead!

It's a shame that your argument is posed so aggressively, but for what it's worth the trend in the UK and many other countries is that smoking is slowly being banned in most if not all public places, so your options I'm afriad will dwindle rather than the "rabid anti-smokers" you refer to.

And dare I ask, what are your feelings about "the workers"? Are they not entitled to a smoke free working environment or should those relatively lowly paid people find other work on the cruises you choose?

Archived