the patch

DustFSU

I was wondering if someone could tell me their experience with using the patch on the cruise and drinking??? Did it make you extra tired or make you worse? My sig. other will probably have to use the patch but doesn't know if she can drink or not...wondering if you all can help...thanks.

I use the patch evertime we cruise and dont see a difference or get drunk sooner, (I am a cheap date normally though)

DH though found that his kidney hurt pretty bad when he wears the patch so he only puts one on if the seas are too rough...

we also use the pressure point band (yes I have to use them with the patch sometimes) they work well and make quite the fashion statement on formal night!!!!

I was wondering if someone could tell me their experience with using the patch on the cruise and drinking??? Did it make you extra tired or make you worse? My sig. other will probably have to use the patch but doesn't know if she can drink or not...wondering if you all can help...thanks.

I have never had any trouble but I don't drink all that much.

Be very careful.

My wife takes other medications as well. She decided on the patch also. The first couple of days were ok. Then one night she had very vivid hallucinigetic dreams and was "out of it" the next day. We immediatly got her off the patch and had no problems the rest of the cruise.

Actually, the program on Discovery channel "Myth Busters", did a show on sea sickness. Their findings indicated that the best remedy or prevention was good old fashion ginger tablets.

I did see alot of people walking around with something behind their ear.. looked like a band aid to me... I didn't use the patch.. went with gravol with ginger (dunno what it is called in the US). 1 pill a day no groginess no effects with drinking..:D

My SO can't take gravol and took the magic pills from the purser dramamine and they knocked him out cold.. and he doesn't drink:eek:

I use the transdermscop patch every cruise. I wouldn't go without it. It is the only thing that I use that doesn't make me sea sick. I put it on a few hours before the ship leaves. It just makes me very thirsty.

I do not drink with the patch, but use the patch:

side affects: dry mouth, blurred vision, VERY tired (so tired that sometimes I don't even hear the alarm clock) and probably something else but I can't remember.

Positives: keeps you from being sea sick. There was a night when everyone was sea sick, and I was still up and about!

I've tried looking on cvs's website for ginger pills to find out how much they will cost, but I can't find anything...anyone give me a price on how much they run?
I picked up a bottle at Wal-Mart last year for about $5.00.

John

I used the patch on our cruise a year ago Jan. and I had no problems with having a few drinks. After the patch went on I had no problems with motion sicknesses.pscrapper:D

After 2 days, the patch gave me double vision. It was crazy! I saw 2 of everyone and everything. I took it off that night, and was fine the next morning. We just got back from a cruise, and I bought the wristbands. My husband ended up needing them but not me. They worked great for him.

After 2 days, the patch gave me double vision. It was crazy! I saw 2 of everyone and everything. I took it off that night, and was fine the next morning. We just got back from a cruise, and I bought the wristbands. My husband ended up needing them but not me. They worked great for him.

I usually cannot read the menu. I just have the waitstaff read it to me...They understand. They think its really funny. Well, wa

I usually cannot read the menu. I just have the waitstaff read it to me...They understand. They think its really funny. Well, wait

My son loves Mythbusters! We went on our Hawaiian Cruise well prepared with ginger tablets and altoids ginger lozenges and they worked the best for any queasiness we experienced. I plan to bring them back when we cruise to Alaska in June:)

Be very careful.

My wife takes other medications as well. She decided on the patch also. The first couple of days were ok. Then one night she had very vivid hallucinigetic dreams and was "out of it" the next day. We immediatly got her off the patch and had no problems the rest of the cruise.

Actually, the program on Discovery channel "Myth Busters", did a show on sea sickness. Their findings indicated that the best remedy or prevention was good old fashion ginger tablets.

I have always used the patch. I get very thirsty-who isn't in the caribbean? After a few days I couldn't read the menu. I can't read now without glasses since my last cruise so that will not be a problem for me this time.

Amy

Archived