Icons in body of message?

sail7seas

When I have clicked an icon I want inserted into a message, it prints beside the title box and not where my cursor is in the message I am typing.

Can we no longer click them from the list and have them inserted into our messages?

When I have clicked an icon I want inserted into a message, it prints beside the title box and not where my cursor is in the message I am typing.

Can we no longer click them from the list and have them inserted into our messages?

If you post by clicking on 'quote' (on each individual post) or 'post reply' (at the bottom of the thread) it will bring up a box with 'smiles' on the right side. It's not available with 'quick reply'.

:) :mad: :p ;)

Quick note. I tried putting all 11 in at once and it told me I had too many.

I have been using "post reply" and when I click an icon, it posts beside the "title box" and not in the body of the message.

I happen to remember the "code" of wink and smile so have entered those by typing the code. I don't know the code for the others.

How did you get yours into the message body?

When I click on one of the icons at the bottom it goes next to the title. But when I click on the 'smiles' to the right of the message it's placed where the cursor is located.:confused:

Go to the control panel (user cp-top of page) and click on edit options. Scoll to the bottom of the page to miscellanious options and change to "Enhanced Interface-Full WYSIWYG Editing" (whatever that means:confused: ). If your computer will accept it you can do lots of cool things:D

Never in a million years would I have been able to figure that out. :o I did not have the smiles on the right hand side of the page before following your instructions. All I was seeing were icons at the bottom of the page.

Also...could not do bold etc.

There are loads of cool things there.

At the bottom left side of the page there are a number of options that can be on or off. Smiles is one of them. I don't know how to turn that on, but I bet yours are turned off. Do you mind checking and maybe we can figure how to turn them on.

BTW, 1/5 of the way to Blue Ribbon

The WYSIWYG mode reveals a lot of new features that I didn't know were there, and that we certainly didn't have with OpenTopic. For starters, it looks like we can change fonts, text sizes, and colors; underline things; align our text to the

left,

center,

or right;

create

1. numbered lists

• and bulleted lists;

and probably do other things I haven't even found yet.

I don't think I have much use for any of these new gizmos (yet), but I guess it's nice to know that they're there. Now, if only I could get my signature to display! I have the little "show your signature" box checked, and it shows up when I use "preview post", but in the actual posts I don't seem to see it. Hmm...

Doug,

I believe I see your signature. Does it say:

Doug Newman

Cruise Critic Message Boards Host

e-mail: shiploverny AT yahoo DOT com

There is an option to not look at signatures in the User CP area. Maybe you have that selected.

Doug, mine didn't show up until I went to the contol panel and used the "edit signature" feature. Try that. As you can tell, I just LOVE play around with things;) . Besides, it keeps me occupied until cruise time:D .

I believe I see your signature. Does it say:

Yes, that's my signature!

There is an option to not look at signatures in the User CP area. Maybe you have that selected.
Actually it's the opposite... The option is TO see signatures, not to NOT see signatures. I also thought it was to not see signatures, and so left the box unchecked. After reading it over it's the opposite of what I thought.

I've now checked the box, we'll see what happens...

Well, now I seem to be able to see my signature... So I guess checking that box worked.

It took an e-mail from another Host to realise that the option was to see signatures, not to not see them - and from what I've seen a lot of other people are making the same mistake. At least I'm in good company...

What fun!!Thank you everyone!!I have no idea what this will look like, however, it is a lot of fun.

Thank you CC gods for giving us a new toy!!! :) :D :cool:

I can't seem to get the font change to work. Any suggestions? [font=Century Gothic :confused:

Linda

The WYSIWYG mode reveals a lot of new features that I didn't know were there, and that we certainly didn't have with OpenTopic. For starters, it looks like we can change fonts, text sizes, and colors; underline things; align our text to the

left,

center,

or right;

create

1. numbered lists

• and bulleted lists;

and probably do other things I haven't even found yet.

I don't think I have much use for any of these new gizmos (yet), but I guess it's nice to know that they're there. Now, if only I could get my signature to display! I have the little "show your signature" box checked, and it shows up when I use "preview post", but in the actual posts I don't seem to see it. Hmm...

Doug,

You could change color,font and size with the old board, you just had to know how. I did it it every now and then. You could probably do the other things, but I never tried all of them.

You could change color,font and size with the old board, you just had to know how.
Hmm, well, then I guess I didn't know how!

It certainly wasn't an obvious feature like it is here. THe WYSIWYG interface looks like a simplified version of MS Word. No fiddling with code (which is really what WYSIWYG means).

Anyhow it's nice to know that if I ever want to do one of these things, I know how ;) .

Archived