Picture worth 1000 words but can you believe your eyes? Summit-Hawaii

catmand

It's been a while since I've posted but thought some of you may enjoy the Hawaii/Summit pictures (Web Shots link in signature).

Now that we've been back a couple of weeks, some thoughts and opinions and like most everything we read here, take them for what they're worth, about 3 cents....(yes, everything is going up).

We had a wonderful time on Summit; met a great group of people, enjoyed the food, loved the ship, and always found something (or nothing) to spend time watching and/or doing.

No disrespect or judgment meant by the following, just a strong reminder that the only opinion and experience of a cruise that matters is our own.

While on a tender back to Summit our seat mate said she didn't care for the food on the ship. She also said, "I had lunch at McDonalds, I couldn't stand the thought of another week without a BigMac." Her opinion of the food served means no more, no less then mine so always remember as you read these "reviews" the only one that counts is YOURS.

Grab some coffee or tea or heck, a martini and enjoy the pictures. There are three albums for Hawaii...................Chuck

Catmands,

Thanks for the pics and the reviews. Your comment reminds me of one Carribbeean cruise where throngs of people couldn't wait to get off the ship at one port or another for their "fix" of Burger King or McDonalds. It's just something I can't imagine doing.

By the way, were not far, I'm in Pleasant Hill.

Hey Chuck, Thanks for the pics.

The Waimea Canyon looks beautiful. That has to be one excursion I want to see.

We rented from Thrifty so had no trouble driving up and viewing the Canyon. The bus tours up there were canceled because of all the rain and wet grounds, which was a real shame. Yes, it was breathtaking. I just scanned this pic, thought it was worth adding here

volcano.jpg.20c8c1b7ee9b39df147455dd5797f379.jpg

Thanks Chuck. Great pictures. I enjoyed looking at them and imagining I was there! Loved those pics of the red sky as you were on your way:cool:

As for the volcanic lava viewing at night, that is still on my "things to do before I die" list and hope I get another chance to see it.

Phil

Hello, thanks for all the pictures and nice to see you again.

I realize many of you no longer post on here but I am glad

you gave us all the opportunity to view such lovely photos.

Thank You.

And if you want to read something funny, the bus with the

CruiseCritic folks on it...that picture is neat. I think that is

my brother-in-law in the very front. Sure looks like him to me;)

Chuck - very nice pictures. I'm also very jealous - wait till you see our Waimea Canyon pictures. While you're in the sun with a nice mostly blue sky and clear beautiful views, we were out in the cold rain looking through the misty fog! Oh well. That was our one rainy spot in a great cruise!

Thank you all for the nice comments but LARRY, I was sure you would mention something about that guy holding the very large champange bottle at sail-a-way..........? me thinks it was youuuuuu.

And if you want to read something funny, the bus with the CruiseCritic folks on it...that picture is neat. I think that is my brother-in-law in the very front. Sure looks like him to me;)

It is Kelly, Lois and we enjoyed sailing with him and your sister Helaine. They're lovely people.

Garry

Archived