anyone been in V12, Fantasy class?

victory2020

V12 is under the sports deck-- I dont think you will hear noise- the jogging track is around the edges of the deck- your cabin is in the middle.

I think the jogging track is 2 decks above- I'm not worried about that, just the banging down of weights in gym directly above. When does gym open?

Gym opens at 7am

WOw-- I checked the deck plans of the Sensation vs the Paradise and they are not at all similiar. the gym is shown on the Sensation but not the Paradise.

The gym equipment is located closer to the windows...where the treadmills are located more inward.

Fromyour cabin -- its between the spa and the massage room.

I printed up both decks and put them ontop of each other to see where you are.

Has anyone been in V 12 Fantasy class, specificaly Paradise? Do you hear noise from the gym up above? If so, what time does it start?

Victory2020 is correct about the jogging deck being two decks above. Carnival's web site has a glitch on the deck plans on Paradise. If you look at Elation, for example, and you will see the correct layout for what is above you. Your room is located directly under the wall between the spa and the gymnasium. We were in V15, which was under the women's steam and sauna's. We never heard anything from above any where along the entire hall way. It should be very quiet in that room. Your room door will be along the hall way on the Port side. You can make a right out of your room, and be a short walk to a door that will allow you to go on an open deck above the bridge (sometimes it can be quite windy). Additionally, there is a blank spot on the floor plan between V12 and V20. This is a storage area, and the enterance to it is along the corridor on the Starboard side. Underneath you is Officers quarters, so that is very quiet as well.

If you have any questions, general about Paradise, or Specific, say about the room, or an area, feel free to drop me an E-Mail: simplex375@yahoo.com. I have sailed Paradise 5 times between 2000 and 2003, so I know her well.

Have a wonderful time, she is a great ship.

We were in V10 on the sister ship Inspiration and yes we did hear weights dropping on our head at...................................1-2AM!:eek: Unfortunately we are earlybirds and called the front desk, it got better but maybe the crew uses it afterhours.

IMHO, a Cat 11 is not worth it. I'd go for a Cat 8 on the Conquest class ship first.

We were in V9 on the Fantasy last Nov and we heard absolutely nothing nor did we ever hear anything when we were going back and forth to our cabin. We thought the cat 11 was definitely worth it, a balcony (few and far between on this class), the small number of cabins on that deck, a litte more room, and quick boarding because of Skipper's Club/VIP.

We were in V 20 on the Paradise in late 2004. It's just aft of v 12, on the other side of the "blank space" on the deck plans.

Cabin was very quiet, never heard any noise from above (Spa, massage rooms) or below (Officer's quarters and show room). Only noise problem was a loud couple in the hallway late one night.

Wonderful location, quick and easy access to stairs, elevators and Lido deck. A bit farther to the dining rooms, but early call to disembark.

Enjoy your cruise...we did.

IMHO, a Cat 11 is not worth it. I'd go for a Cat 8 on the Conquest class ship first.

Don't know if you were referring to V12 or not, but...

V12 is not a Category 11, it is a Category 4E inside cabin.

I have never experienced noise in that area of the ship, and only heard a couple of reports of it on these boards. Most people report quiet.

But I'd bring earplugs just in case (I always do no matter where my cabin is located, because you just never know).

Also, I agree with pennmeand skiorcruise...

I think it's a great location because there are very few cabins, you have access to that front deck that few people hang out on (except for sailaway maybe), close to Lido deck, and in my experience the stewards are top notch.

Enjoy your cruise victory2020!

CJW

We were in V 20 on the Paradise in late 2004. It's just aft of v 12, on the other side of the "blank space" on the deck plans.

Cabin was very quiet, never heard any noise from above (Spa, massage rooms) or below (Officer's quarters and show room). Only noise problem was a loud couple in the hallway late one night.

Wonderful location, quick and easy access to stairs, elevators and Lido deck. A bit farther to the dining rooms, but early call to disembark.

Enjoy your cruise...we did.

We wanted V20 & it was the only inside room that wasn't available on the 2 dates we wanted. That one is directly under massage rooms so I can imagine that it would be quiet. I chose V12 instead of V24 because I'm always afraid of noise from adjoining rooms (we have the worst luck!).

Archived