Anchorage Accomodations

Giantfan13

I have seen many posts about different hotels in anchorage. I have been looking, but things are still pretty expensive. I am trying Priceline right now also, but we are trying to stay within a certain budget. My question is, have anyone ever stayed in the many B&B that are around Anchorage. Some seem like a prwetty decent buy, especially with breakfast. Why haven't any been mentioned here.

Also, I see several ads for Hostels. Are they more for just teens traveliong around, or are they suitable for a couple of 'older' timers, who just want a clean, inexpensive place to stay. Any and all feedback on these two options would be appreciated. Thanks.

My wife and I like had stayed at a few of the B&B's we like them better than motels if we can. The hostels are more for backpacker types, usually just a bunk bed or similar. The Anchorage Hostel is right downtown, but it looks kind of dumpy.

I have stayed in MANY Alaska B&B's only one bad experience in Seward. :) Actually the Anchorage Hostel is for all ages. Basic- but they do offer a private room. They have hour restrictions for it being open- I believe??? I like the Walkabout in Anchorage for their free bikes and great access to the Coast Trail- a good savings compared to getting back downtown and renting bikes. But take a chance and book something in the area and price you wish. Big listing on the http://www.anchorage.net B&B page.

Hello. My mother and I just returned from a fabulous trip to Alaska. By far, our best accomodations were at the Bed and Breakfast on the Park. It is run by two lovely ladies who know how to do this right. The house is beautifully decorated and impeccably clean. The breakfasts were also out of this world- fresh fruit, baked breads, eggs, fresh ham etc. It is also very close to town. In Anchorage the streets are very short and walkable. This place is located on 10th across from Delaney Park. A double thumbs up for this place!

Archived