Survey outside Margaritaville-Think we won a free trip!!!

Slam308

DH filled out a survey outside Margaritaville. Tonight we got a call saying we won a trip to one of five Caribbean destinations. The caller confirmed info my husband put on the survey and said the trip will cost 1/5 of what it would normally cost. It wasn't a good time for DH to talk, so they're gonna call back in an hour. Anyone know anything about this?

I wasn't around when he signed up, or when they called, so I'm a bit apprehensive. Don't want to be scammed.

Any info or thoughts would be appreciated.

You said they told you it would cost 1/5 of a normal priced cruise. Why, if he won it, would it cost you anything. I have been entering online sweepstakes for over 8 years and I actually won a cruise+flight+hotel when Royal Caribbean first started their web page, from them. It cost us $0. I have also won trips to Mexico (2), flights+hotel+transportation and the only cost to us was whatever trinkets we bought in town. All other cost us $0.

Tell them if the cruise your husband won is free, than there should be no cost involved, otherwise it is just, as mentioned a marketing ploy.

I agree. Too good to be true. In fact, last week there was a big story about this on our local news station last week. People getting scammed out of money, thinking they were winning a dream vacation. I get things like this all the time. Last week I received a free trip to Vegas, and then of course the offer to Miami, a cruise, a week in Mexico, and 4 days in Vegas! That was "only $1600." I don't trust any of it. I wouldn't accept any free trip unless it was from the cruise line or resort. We got 5 nights free at the Frenchman's Reef Marriott in St. Thomas. But we are loyal Marriott customers, and that was a totally legit trip. I would be very cautious if I were you!

DH filled out a survey outside Margaritaville. Tonight we got a call saying we won a trip to one of five Caribbean destinations.I wasn't around when he signed up, or when they called, so I'm a bit apprehensive. Don't want to be scammed.

Any info or thoughts would be appreciated.

outside Margaritaville this is where they wait to meet the suckers

one of five Caribbean destinations this is where they have the timeshares to sell you.

These trips notoriously start out cheap and have all kinds of added costs after you get there.......and a pressured sales pitch.

And usually when you win........you don't have to pay 1/5 of the normal cost.

Archived