Handicapped cabin #'s for all cruise ships website

daju22

Hi everyone,

Found this webisite that lists handicapped cabin numbers for all ships. I know it's a cruise agency, but the listing of category and cabin numbers is great to know. It's the best site I've found so far.

http://www.7xxx.asp

Just click on cruise line name> name of ship(top of page right side)> cabins(scroll to the bottom of the page)

You can then look at the deck plans and determine where the cabin is located. All this on one site!

I am not pushing this agency. I have never looked at the site before today. I found it by searching for handicapped cabin numbers. I just wanted to tell everyone about it.:)

If anyone has other sites that they use, please post them as this is an important piece of knowledge to have before choosing a cruise.

Valentine'smom,

Maybe I should have the moderator remove this thread. Just read the HAL board. Can't believe these people would take away the few handicapped cabins that exist.

I'm not sure who the moderator is, but please remove this thread if it makes it easier for AB people to bookhandicapped cabins.:(

This is very sad.

Valentine'smom,

Maybe I should have the moderator remove this thread. Just read the HAL board. Can't believe these people would take away the few handicapped cabins that exist.

I'm not sure who the moderator is, but please remove this thread if it makes it easier for AB people to bookhandicapped cabins.:(

This is very sad.

Have you asked the moderator? You can alert the moderator to the thread by clicking on the red triangle up on the right of the screen. I am not sure anything will be done, however, as the post will likely be determined to fit within guidelines.

I went right over to the HAL board and posted. I regularly post on that board, and I was appalled to see some people actually applaud the practice of AB's booking the HC cabins!

Amazing that anyone could be so selfish and unethical.

I requested that the moderator remove the thread. Hope it works. Now to put my 2 cents in over at HAL.
The link in Post #1 was disbled for the reasons you stated.

I am leaving the thread alone (except for that) to let others see what selfishness on the part of able bodied cruise passenger can do to the disabled cruiser's dream of a great cruise. IMO an AB intentionally removing an accessible cabin from inventory just because it's larger is worse, far worse, than an AB using a disabled parking space.

I also have to say that many travel agents sites show the accessible cabins (deck plans) ,of course except for carnival which does not make it public. It's a program that TAs can subscribe to, and although every website looks a little different they have the same backend database with the deck plans.

I also have to say that no matter what rules you put in place, some people just get off on finding ways around them (from ticketmaster concert tickets to cruises). I think we also have to concentrate on making it fairly easy for dis pasengers to book the accessible cabins they need. I don't think it's fair to make them jump through too many hoops.

Of course I agree it's horrible for ABs to lie just to get what they think is an upgrade, but I think they are going to try and do that no matter what policies are in place. Some people are just skanky.

Candy

Thanks for removing the link to the site, Walt. I was just excited to find this information in one easy to use place that I wanted to share with everyone.

Candy, just wanted to know the location of the cabin before we book. Just saves alot of hassle and back and forth with the TA.

The link in Post #1 was disbled for the reasons you stated.

I am leaving the thread alone (except for that) to let others see what selfishness on the part of able bodied cruise passenger can do to the disabled cruiser's dream of a great cruise. IMO an AB intentionally removing an accessible cabin from inventory just because it's larger is worse, far worse, than an AB using a disabled parking space.

Thanks, Walt.

I am amazed at the selfishness of so many people. The thread on the HAL board has surprised me in the various posters who agree with allowing AB people to book HC cruises.

I truly believe these people would quickly change their minds if a disability touched their lives.

There is so much I take for granted, but I only realized that when my DH became disabled.

Candy, just wanted to know the location of the cabin before we book. Just saves alot of hassle and back and forth with the TA.

Yes, I know Judy. that's the problem with the system used by the cruise industry. In a way the "safeguards" (and I use that term loosely) that are in place to presumably prevent ABs from booking accessible cabins, sometimes make it harder for qualified individuals (disabled people) to obtain access info and make bookings. In other words, they have to jump through more hoops, like the back-and-forth with the TA to get info.

And no, I don't have an answer, but I can tell you that it's a problem that is not unique to the cruise industry. Ticketmaster is going through similar problems right now; and in fact they just entered into an ADA settlement agreement last year because of their policies and procedures regarding folks who need accessible seating at concert venues. The problem was people who need accessible seats (sometimes considered more desirable because of their location, and availibility at sold-out events) can't buy these with one click as can AB concert gores can, so it was found that their policies were not ADA compliant.

There really are no easy answers.

Candy

Hi everyone,

Found this webisite that lists handicapped cabin numbers for all ships. I know it's a cruise agency, but the listing of category and cabin numbers is great to know. It's the best site I've found so far.

http://www.7xxx.asp

Just click on cruise line name> name of ship(top of page right side)> cabins(scroll to the bottom of the page)

You can then look at the deck plans and determine where the cabin is located. All this on one site!

I am not pushing this agency. I have never looked at the site before today. I found it by searching for handicapped cabin numbers. I just wanted to tell everyone about it.:)

If anyone has other sites that they use, please post them as this is an important piece of knowledge to have before choosing a cruise.

Judy - Would you mind emailng me the website. It would be very helpful to know which cabins are wheelchair accessible. My wife if a paraplegic and even when we try to book over a year out, we still many times cannot get a balcony cabin (we are spoiled, we only want balconies). We just tried booking on the RC Serenade of the Seas for an October 5th, 2007 Hawaii booking only to find that all of the wheelchair accessible balcony cabins are already booked. They just released the prices on April 25th!

Anyway, thanks. Our email is glennjudy1@hotmail.com

I just tryed to book a balcony on a Costa cruise after spending a while talking my DH into seeing that the $600 difference would be worth it. Of course when we call the two cabins that offer handicap balconys where already booked. So its back to an inside cabin. I just hope the two people who booked these cabins are really handicap. Our cruise is only 6 months away so they could be.

We just got off a RCCI cruise and we had to change rooms with another couple becasue at the last mintue my daughter wanted to come with. We where very lucky. We need a triple and only had a double. I did see all handicap people using the HC cabins around us. At least that did make me feel better that they where being used by the right people.

I do hope that people realize some people have handicaps that are not "visible" to the eye. My husband who is a paramedic was in the back of an ambulance last August enroute to a call when the ambulance was hit by a tractor trailer pulling a load of lumber. His back was broken in 6 places and he had severe facial trauma. He is MUCH better now but can't step up into a bathtub. He probably would appear to maybe be normal but he is far from that. When we booked with Disney we had to have his doctor submit a form with the details of his requirements for the room which I think is a great way to keep AB people from misusing them. Just want others to understand though that some people are disabled that are not maybe in a wheelchair.

Earpiemon == I think the point is not that there are disabilities that are not visible. We realize that.

The point is that people are taking the wheelchair assessable cabins away from people who really need them.

On most cruise ships -- the wheelchair will not fit in a regular room door. Nor will it pass by the bed. Getting into the bathroom would be impossible and forget taking a shower. Wheelchair rooms provide extra room and equipment that allows people traveling in a wheelchair to function in the room.

Some people who are not stable on their feet take a handicap room because of the seat in the shower when all they would need is a regular room and request a shower seat from special services in advance. The can still walk through a regular door, pass along the bed, get into the bathroom.

We now have a smaller chair which will fit in most doors when we visit but if my husbands wants to get to the balcony to join in any fun. He must roll across the bed while I fold the chair and try to meet him on the other side. I assume you know how embarrassing that is when you are in a room of people.

Last month I checked my voyage and they had all the unsold HB cabins listed for sale. Evidentally if they are not sold by so many days before the sail date they offer them to the public.:cool:

My husband has ALS (Lou Gehring's Disease). We are going on a transatlantic cruise in October and I called RCI's Customer Service to get a handicapped cabin. We booked onboard ship last month and were told there wer no handicapped cabins available. However, when I called they did find one. It is inside but that's OK because right now my DH has a lot of trouble walking and with balance and I know that in five months he will need the wheelchair and walker. If by some small miracle he doesn't, we would gladly give up the handicapped cabin!

• 2 weeks later...