tipping questions

Squirtreena

we will be on the pride of hawaii next year..and i read somewhere it is 10.00/per person per day...does this also include children? what if my children never eat with me??in the dining room...they may just have room service or at the cafe?? with room service dont i tip the actual guy that comes...anyhow we will go for two weeks, inside cabin...the four of us so i am tipping 40/day x 14 days?? 560.00 ?

I hope you realize those tips go for everything, not just the dining room: what about those who work in the buffet area, your room steward, etc? Of course from the other answers you have gotten I think it was pointed out kids from 3 to 12 are only expected to tip $5 per day and under 3, nothing. Look at it this way, if you were to take a land vacation you would be tipping everytime you went for hamburgers, breakfast, you would be tipping your housekeeper on a daily basis and others along the way. I know it sounds like a lot of money but think of the service you are getting. Though it isn't expected many people tip above the $10 per day. NMNita

Also keep in mind that if your kids go to the Kids Crew program, the girls that work there are NOT included in the per diem tipping, so if you want to recognize them, you'll need to do so separately.

they may just have room service or at the cafe?? with room service dont i tip the actual guy that comes... ?

Hi Squirtreena!

As I understand, from this board, you do need to tip for room service. They are not included in the tip pool.

Money makes the world go around...sing with me!

Hee!

Archived