To All Radiance of the Seas Cruisers - Entertainers on board!!!!!!!!!

ULA;

The Radiance is a beautiful ship, lots of glass and dark wood with views from everywhere you go rather than just a few here and there. The decks are layed out nice so there are plenty of quiet out of the way places and quite a few performers that play just for your dancing pleasure...Rosario Strings, several guitar players and piano players...the Centrium features these types of players mostly but the Orchestra also does several big band nights also. When you board check your compass (list of daily activites) and you'll find something to your liking. Have a wonderful 1st RCI cruise and a Awesome Radiance cruise.

Elleluv;

Santino is an awesome performer and he likes when the audience is involved also. That is the kind of performer he is, plenty of dance pieces played, lots of romantic dancing going on while I was there, and lots of sing a long pieces too. There are lots of performers on the ship, this performer is MY favorite, not everyone will feel this way but I do and everyone that I recommended him too has came back and said "thank you, he made the cruise" .

everyone enjoy their cruises, I know I did and do and am always in planning mode for the next one....

chelle:D

I'll be on the Radiance next Sunday for a 14 day Hawaii cruise. I'll definitely have to check Santino out. We don't usually make it to the smaller shows, so I'm glad you recommended this.

Thanks also Michelle, for helping to arrange our big group lunch in Portofino's on my 'Pineapple Express' cruise. You definitely 'pulled some strings' for us, and we would have probably just had lunch in the dining room if it weren't for you. Thanks! :)

Speaking of good entertainers, in January on the Serenade, we saw Mosaic. I was totally turned off at first, because I saw they were an acapella group. Wow, was I ever wrong! They were phenomenal! There were 6 guys (no band or anything), but they sounded like they had a full band and drum section with them. Everything was done with their voices. It was really a great show.

Sherry;

Santino is definetly worth checking out, you'll be happily surprised.

I haven't heard of Mosaic but another accapella group, Toxic Audio has been on the Radiance several times and in New York on Broadway--they are awesome too, its amazing what people can do with their voices alone.

Your very welcome, I didn't did much-just knew who to contact and how to ask. The ship and the crew are awesome and sometimes RCI says no but the crew onboard are more than willing to go that extra little bit. I wish I was going to be onboard with you all. Darlene and Larry and Ruth and Avrom are very nice and we had a blast on our 14 Panama cruise.

Have a super time and enjoy everything.

Chelle:D

Chelle,

Thanks, we are cruising with my parents and Radiance is their favorite RCI ship. The glass and views are why we chose her for Alaska this year. I also liked the itinerary.

We kind of like venues where my parents can dance, they love to dance, but we can also sit and have quiet conversation.

Now if Santino puts on a show like Tom Jones and I have seen him, if he is on our cruise, sounds like he would be worth watching. I will have to check the Compass.

Chelle,

I am shocked that you do not have a Radiance cruise booked for the future! That is unheard of for you. That is my second favorite ship and I usually always peek in your threads because they are usually so full of great information.

So are you tiring of the Radiance :eek: , or have you found a new favorite ship?

Annieeee

Ula;

You'll have a blast just being on the Radiance. Its a beautiful ship with a great crew. The schooner bar is great, light background music and great views and its usually quiet during the day.

Annieeee;

I know, can you believe it. The problem right now is which ones to do...I am thinking we are doing Thanksgiving week and Christmas week, but might also do a week in July and we are doing Italy in the Spring so I am just trying to figure out the best way to do them all...will be booking up in the next week!! Got to have something to look forward to or I'll go insane. My motto afterfall: THE WORST DAY CRUISING IS BETTER THAN THE BEST DAY WORKING---LIFE ON LAND SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA:p

Everyone have a great Sunday...

Chelle.

I am sure we will. When looking at Alaska with my mom on the phone and me on the internet we went through all the lines. When I hit Radiance she said stop right there, mom does not internet but does six cruises a year. She loves the ship.

We have booked a JR and they a suite, and the RCI offer with the train ride is something we all enjoy. Nice thing about cruising parents they can give such good advice. They got us into this cruising. Alaska was our first and now our favorite. I know this cruise on a different line will be as special.

Ula;

I've done Alaska twice, thinking about doing it again this year since they have changed some of the ports. Haven't done the train trip afterward, just a train excursion in Skegway.

8 of my 20 cruises have been with my father...I don't think he enjoys cruising as much as me though.

You'll love the Radiance, its beautiful and at the glaciers the captain sits in the bay and does donuts for an hour so no matter where you are you can see the glacier---word of advice--if you want to be outside at the glacier don't go to the helipad on deck 5, EVERYONE does, go to the rear of the ship on deck 5, great view and not crowded.

have a great rest of the day,

What happened to Aineeee???

Rest easy now, we booked the Radiance for November...one week so far, may go back and pick up a second week in November also. And two cruises on the Monarch in Dec.

have a great weekend, I am going to the port of San Diego on Sunday to see the Radiance come in and to see crew friends and Santino.

Chelle,

Thanks for the tip. Will be sailing on the Radiance in 2 weeks from San Diego to Vancouver. Have lots of CC's doing a B2B from Hawaii. Have been on the Serenade and more recently the Jewel and loved them both so I have high expectations for the Radiance.

Lisa

------------

Carnival Festival-January 1992

Empress of the Seas-August 1993

Majesty of the Seas-August 1994

RCI Song of America-April 1995

Club Med I-May 1996

Rhapsody of the Seas-October 1997

Norwegian Majesty-August 1998

Adventure of the Seas-April 2002

Serenade of the Seas-March 2004

Diamond Princess-January 2005

Zuiderdam-November 2005

Enchantment of the Seas-December 2005

Jewel of the Seas-March 2006

Monarch of the Seas-May 2006

Radiance of the Seas-May 2006

Freedom of the Seas-September 2006

Lisa;

You won't be disappointed. The Radiance is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew.

Your doing the cruise I wanted to do, badly. We did the coast cruise last year and it was awesome and this year its also Santino's fan club cruise but it sold out before I bought, last year there were cabins right up until the last day.

Have a blast....I'll be at the port on your boarding day, seeing crew friends and things...I'll have on a CRUISE JUNKIE shirt with all the cruises listed on back...if you see me say "hello"!

Everyone have a great weekend....off to the port tomorrow to welcome the Radiance.

What happened to Aineeee???

Rest easy now, we booked the Radiance for November...one week so far, may go back and pick up a second week in November also. And two cruises on the Monarch in Dec.

have a great weekend, I am going to the port of San Diego on Sunday to see the Radiance come in and to see crew friends and Santino.

lol lol Chelle, I see you have a Radiance cruise in Nov, now I know you are the real Chelle and not an imposter. Whew, for a moment there I thought you were getting weary of the Radiance.

Annieeee

Whew, just realized how badly I spelled your name Annieeee, sorry....It was late and it was a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG week.

The Radiance is STILL my favorite---would be doing Christmas on her too but at $2,000+ :eek: for one person plus the flight from San Diego is over $500. decided two on the monarch would do since both are less than $1,000 all together and no flights. Plus this brings me to my goal of

DIAMOND PLUS!!!!!! whooo hoooo

Which ship are you taking in August for Alaska??? We did Alaska last August it was awesome.

chelle----not a copy; I PROMISE!!!!!!:D

Chelle,

I am booked on the Serenade, but thinking about switching to the Vision since that ship goes to Icy Straits Point. Then in Nov doing the Grandeur repo again. I know what you mean about the holiday pricing. Great, diamond+, we are almost there, just a couple more cruises. So by the end of the year we will be at that point. I may even try a couple of 5 night Bermuda cruises over the summer to get us to that point.

By the way what ever happened to Capt Kent, thought he was going to pursue a singing career and that one of the ladies that is a loyal follower was going to be his manager. Think her cc name was/is AtSea or AtSeaDaze.

Later, Annieeee

What is your favorite ship, & why? Thanks!

My favorite ship is the Grandeur. It is not as large as the Radiance class, and is just the right size for me. We cruised on her 3 times last year. I also like the artwork on the Grandeur, it is art I can admire and understand.

My least favorite (not that you asked:) ) is the Voyager Class, it was just too big. I found the promenade too crowded, perhaps because it does hold so many more passengers that the Grandeur. I never felt crowded on the Grandeur, or the Radiance class ships either. They too are very nice.

But I would never turn down a cruise even if it was not my favorite ship, when it comes right down to it, if it is an RCI ship and it is in the water and I am on it, well at that moment in time, that ship is my fave!!:D

Hey, you must try power snorkeling! It is so much fun!

Trixie, what is your favorite ship?

Annieeee

What IS that? I LOVE to snorkel, so very interested! My fave ship so far is Radiance...going again on W coast Repo in Sept. My DH has difficulty walking a lot, so her size will be a real treat for him (my DD & I were on her in March). We are used to the larger ships, which would be prohibitive for him now. Then DH & I are going to sail on Jewel next March. We really like RCI.

Trixie,

RCI is my favorite cruiseline. And yes another reason that I like the Grandeur is that it is relatively easy to walk around the ship without feeling exhausted, my hubby does not like to walk too much as he gets tired quite easily.

Oh power snorkeling is great! They give you this small handheld powered device that pulls you along the surface of the water and it also will pull you down to about 20 ft if you want to go underwater. You do not get tired and you do not even have to kick your feet to help you along! Saves lots of energy. You know we can't let ourselves get so tired that we are unable to do some elbow bending at the bars.;) They have it available in Cozumel and in Aruba. They probably have it in other ports too, but those are the only places that I have tried it. We had lots of fun, letting it takes us over and under, kinda like the dolphins, out of the water one second, then down then up. Lots of fun. When we powersnorkeled in Cozumel, we booked it thru the ship, and when in Aruba we booked when we saw it was available at one of the beaches.

Para sailing is also awesome!

Annieeee

Try Power Snorkeling!

Annieeee;

Last I heard Capt. Kent was enjoying his retirement and doing some local shows in Spain. They said he decided for his family not to pursue something that would take him away from home so much again....gotta enjoy the grandkids. Last I heard the passenger (atseadaze) and the Captain had a terrible falling out (long story) and they no longer speak to each other.

RCI is my favorite cruise line also, course I've never traveled on others just heard the horror stories. I loved the Grandeur also and the Enchantment but the Radiance holds a special place in my heart....though it has changed so much in recent months, alot of the crew that made it so special are leaving for other ships and something different.

Probably gonna be talked onto the Freedom next year, my best friend Alan Biggs (Portofino's manager) was transferred there and he wants me to come. I really don't want to go on the larger ships though because of all the people, I like the more intimate feel.

have a great day,

Chelle:D

Tracy;

YES, my very best friend in the world is Alan Biggs who is the manager in Portofino's. Because he's been in Finland getting the restaurant ready and now doing all the celebration stuff we haven't been able to talk. If you could walk into Portofino's for me and give him a big hug from Michelle that would be awesome. He's the greatest and I've seen the pictures of the new restaurant and he's done an super job. I wish I was going on the voyage with you.

There's also a great bartender named Zibby.

I would tell you the long story but she reads these boards and I don't want to start trouble or anything.

I haven't gone more than 12 weeks between cruises and now as it stands I have to wait for 6 months--when we have 3 maybe 4 if I add Thanksgiving. I may need to add one this summer. Its been two weeks and I am going through withdrawl. Luckily I get to go to the port here in SD tomorrow and see some friends.

Hi Michelle!

I just saw the pricing for the Freedom and the Liberty for next fall. Pricing appears to be reasonable, so I am thinking ahead to book for the Freedom. It would be great if you would be on the same sailing again.

We saw the Oosterdam last night when I was working

sure miss being on a cruise. Bunch of us from work going on the 1 day cruise from Vancouver to Seattle, on the Dawn Princess. I know not the Radiance but it will have to do until December where I will be on the Navigator, Eastern C.

So, which sailing on the Freedom for Fall 2007?

Cheers! L.

Tracy;

YES, my very best friend in the world is Alan Biggs who is the manager in Portofino's. Because he's been in Finland getting the restaurant ready and now doing all the celebration stuff we haven't been able to talk. If you could walk into Portofino's for me and give him a big hug from Michelle that would be awesome.

You got it, Michelle! I have a friend from RD over there too, who's been there since early March. He called at the end of March from Finland, but haven't heard a peep since. I've heard this from others with friends on the ship as well....not even e-mails coming out. Maybe once they hit US waters, the communications will open back up.

In the mean time, I will certainly pop in and say hello to Alan, and make a reservation. :)

Hope you manage to squeeze in another before fall!

Tracy

Archived