To All Radiance of the Seas Cruisers - Entertainers on board!!!!!!!!!

Its no secret to anyone that the Radiance of the Seas is my favorite ship, 16 times and counting. I love the ship layout and the crew but now I have another reason to love it.

SANTINO AND BLAKJAX

Who or what you ask is Santino and Blakjax...well Santino is the most wonderful singer and entertainer and Blakjax are musicians that have no equal. From beginning to end his show is a feast for the ears and eyes. (The man is dreamy...and italian!!!)

If you are booked on the Radiance between now and June 10th, don't miss his shows. They move about the ship alot but they are worth following!!!!

enjoy....

Chelle the cruise junkie:D

Chelle - I agree!!! Santino and Blakjax are the worth the price of the cruise by themselves. The man is the whole package - what a voice - what an entertainer. I'm not a get up and dance sort of person but with this group, you can't help yourself!! He's warm, he's cute, he's talented, he's funny and a heck of a nice guy. Just wish RCI didn't stick him in such out of the way places and at such dumb times. The man deserves to be a headliner. Hope RCI realizes that they have a real winner here and hold onto him. All of you future Radiance cruisers - see Santino early and often - he's the most fun on the ship!!

Fozzyfoz;

Santino does everything...Andre Bocelli, Dean Martin and the rest of the rat pack, Tom Jones, Elvis, Broadway (Phantom etc...), just about anything and everything.

On our cruise over Easter he was the sail away party performer and the 50's sock hop performer as well as his regular shows.

Enjoy

your actually doing his Fan club cruise, May 21st...your so lucky, I tried to get on that cruise but its sold out.

Michelle:D

I totally agree Gayle,

he is the absolute best.

I wish wish wish I could see him again one more time before he leaves, two times this year is not enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelle

Where's he going? another ship, another cruiseline?:confused:

Jimbo:)

Yes, Santino and Blakjax are definitely the best! I have never been an audience participant either until now. Santino could easily be "entertainer of the year" in my book. I bought a CD and cannot stop listening to it --- it brings back memories of the shows. Don't miss a single performance. You'll be glad you're there. Loved it most when they were in the Colony Club and even though cigar smoke gags me, I even showed up at the Cigar Bar for a show. This man can sing! The band is great and you'll be treated to a variety of music. One thing for sure, you'll hate it when the show is over and can't wait until the next one.

Janice

Fozzyfoz;

Santino does everything...Andre Bocelli, Dean Martin and the rest of the rat pack, Tom Jones, Elvis, Broadway (Phantom etc...), just about anything and everything.

On our cruise over Easter he was the sail away party performer and the 50's sock hop performer as well as his regular shows.

Enjoy

your actually doing his Fan club cruise, May 21st...your so lucky, I tried to get on that cruise but its sold out.

Michelle:D

Hi- you made it home.... did you or did you not get the mouse- tell the truth:cool: !!!! Check out my recent conversaton re the ship on our rollcall- and the link to a review of the ship from this march- :eek: and try to not blow a gasket... Santino was great!!! he just melts you!!

Lisa

Hey Chelle!:)

For those of you who may wonder.....I sailed on the Radiance with Chelle last February ( there were a ton of us from the Roll Call):) we had a great time! There is no doubt that Chelle is the subject matter expert when it comes to the Radiance;)

Chelle: Sharonna and I are booked on the Radiance with about 10 others for an all girl cruise (no hubbies, no kids!) on November 5th....are you coming with us????:D

Jimbo;

good to hear from you again...so your getting married!!!! Whooo hoooo....good luck!!!

Santino is leaving in June to record another CD---the CD that is going to propel him and Blakjax into the stars I believe...I've heard some of the songs are they are absolutely awesome. They are suppose to be back on a ship in Sept. through Nov. just no listing yet which ship.

Janice;

I have all of his CD's and I play them over and over and over. I wore out one and had to buy another because it skipped. And I totally agree, he is dreamy and wonderful and sweet and caring and a wonderful performer. I have so many of the crew on the ship mad at me because I didn't spend anytime with them in the evenings because I was at all of Santino's shows for as long as he played. The panama canal cruise is still my favorite with him though, he sang for hours after his regular show in the Colony club at the piano...usually just him and Mikey. IT WAS GREAT.

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM HIM TOO...HE IS PRETTY TICKLED WITH THIS THREAD--SO THOSE OF YOU OR KNOW HIM....SAY "HI"...

Lisa;

No I did not get the mouse, Gayle wouldn't give it to me...its probably sitting at her house in the box!!:eek: I did get the Radiance Rocks 2005 baseball cap that was a crew gift last year.

Robyn;

I am not sure about the cruise yet....hoping to know about Santino's schedule so we can follow him...if he's on the Radiance again then I'll be there sometime.

later,

Michelle

glad to see your back ! Sounds like great entertainment . So how are our favorite bartenders rada and G still there? We will now be on explorer june 16 from jersey cannot wait - got a great deal 1k per person balcony - 9 nights we are sooo hooked - cant wait to go back on radience - see ya

Stefanie

Mimi;

It was great to hear from you. I may see you on the Radiance again, we are thinking of doing the November 25th sailing too. The ship was great, a lot of the good crew have gone to the Freedom and the spring break vibe was not good. Lots of drunk 18 year olds and some not so great entertainment. The new CD is okay, new so he's not that experienced but he's learning. Thank Goodness for Santino, he made the cruise for most of us.

Rada was still onboard, he's due for vacation soon and he's not sure if he's coming back. Patrick was injured very bad and was sent home early but he's okay now and on the Brillance. Betty was also on vacation but she drove to Ocho Rios to see us, and Z was still there, as was Sagar. Lots of changes coming up soon, pretty soon I am not going to know anyone onboard.

Stef; Enjoy your cruise from NJ/NY. I can't wait for my next one, don't have one booked yet if you can believe it but soon. G was gone, he's on vacation and no one knows if he's coming back. Doreen was in the schooner bar again, thank goodness; the new guy there was horrible, I actually avoided going there if you can believe it. The crew was freaked because that's where they usually see me.

Beachlady 58;

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the Radiance, I guess its what you like and I've always enjoyed being on her. The bigger ships freak me out with so many people. Glad to know that you enjoyed Santino so much, he is a definite highlight for most people on any ship he's on.

later,

Chelle:D

No I did not get the mouse, Gayle wouldn't give it to me...its probably sitting at her house in the box!!:eek:

Yes, I did get the mouse and no it's not in the box. It's in my hot little hand right now! I thought for sure my daughter would grab it up and take it to college - BUT NO - she took my brand new Santino CD that I brought home!!! Can you believe it?!! This guy is so good that my 20 year old took his opera CD back to school with her!! Hope Santino feels smarter - he's been at college all week!!

We were on Radiance the first week of April and we caught Santino and Blackjax a few times...they were excellent, hell they were better than the headliners that week. I think they had spent something like a year or so with another cruiseline, don't know which one.

Chelle, who was your cruise director? Ours was Keiron Buffery and I thought he was pretty good. While he is new with RCI, he is a veteran CD. He came over from NCL I think.

We agree with Chelle and the rest of the Radiance members that were with us for the April 16th sailing - Santino & Blackjax are definately worth seeing. He would get the audiance involved and that made it all that much more enjoyble. We also bought one of his CD's and I am listening to it right now.

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound.

we are on the Radiance on May 21st, were on it last year in April, was Willie still the conceige, I heard he was going to the Freedom. cant wait, Radiance my favorite also. thanks

Gayle: :p :p

the mouse should of been mine, you won all the prizes that week, MY mouse-the jewelry in Cozumel. I don't think I WANT to be your friend;)

BobBeaSea;

Yes, Santino made the jump to Princess for a year, but he came to his senses and came back--actually it has to do with the same problems he's having now, underappreciation by RCI, crappy show times, smoky venues....he's BETTER than any of the headliners and yet he's mentioned little and given hardly any show time.

Kieron was are CD also, he's good and he's nice but the Radiance CD's that I am use too are MAGNIFICENT and its hard to accept less than that.

CSK: Willie is on vacation and I never met the one onboard now. Didn't make it to the concerige lounge while he was in there.

chelle

I like reading this thread, we will be going on our first RCI cruise and it will be on Radiance. I have heard she is just a beautiful ship. We do like the more out of the way no loud music lounges. I am sure she has them. I like my music to be background. That is just us.

It sounds like we'll be on the last sailing before their break.... We're on Radiance June 3 sailing from Seward to Vancouver. We'll be sure to check them out! :)

I don't think I'll let DH read this thread though, or he'll think I have ulterior motives in wanting to go see them! ;)

I like reading this thread, we will be going on our first RCI cruise and it will be on Radiance. I have heard she is just a beautiful ship. We do like the more out of the way no loud music lounges. I am sure she has them. I like my music to be background. That is just us.

If you like background music then maybe Santino is not for you. We found it loud and he doesn't finish a song. We like to dance, but couldn't as it was stand up and clap your hands time for every song! It would be great if he just finished a song and let people dance.

Archived