Wi-Fi on Freedom?

Anyone been on a preview cruise yet? Is the wireless system for wireless computers up and running? If not - are there internet cafes working? As sad as it is .... when we go for three days starting May 26, I have to maintain some contact with work and home.

Thank you!

Libby, I am typing this on the Freedom now, and the wireless works in our cabin. I had to go to the Internet Cafe and set up the account, but it works great!

Photos to come.

Lee from Texas

Libby, I am typing this on the Freedom now, and the wireless works in our cabin. I had to go to the Internet Cafe and set up the account, but it works great!

Photos to come.

Lee from Texas

Any idea how much the wireless is going to be for the 7-day cruises? We like the "$100 weekly rate" for the in-room (wired) usage. The WiFi packages on the one previous cruise we were on that had Wifi did not seem as reasonable. Therefore I am curious to know what the WiFi costs are and if they still offer the regular "weekly" rate for the "wired" service....or what all options are out there.

Thanks.

For both the questions asked of me, the cost for the wireless on this trip was zero.

It worked well in our cabin and in the other areas of the ship we took the computer to work on.

Sorry, I didn't ask about the charges for when the week long cruises begin.

Very nice ship, smooth seas, I did the Flowrider and was successful...

Any chance Freedom will be Wi-Fi capable? My last cruise was on NCL, and they had Internet terminals which were horribly slow and expensive. :eek:

OK John, here are the experiences we had on the two nighter that ended today.

Wireless required a trip to the Internet Cafe to register and create a user name. The signal worked great in our cabin on deck seven and a couple of other areas.

I have a Cingular phone and it worked well, with full signal on the entire trip. We sailed as far as the area between Key West and Havanna and returned.

Enjoy your trip

OK John, here are the experiences we had on the two nighter that ended today.

Wireless required a trip to the Internet Cafe to register and create a user name. The signal worked great in our cabin on deck seven and a couple of other areas.

I have a Cingular phone and it worked well, with full signal on the entire trip. We sailed as far as the area between Key West and Havanna and returned.

Enjoy your trip

Thanks for the info! Hopefully in a week or so we'll get passenger low down on the costs. Too bad you have to go to the cafe to register. :(

• 2 weeks later...

You can get betters rates from Cingular $1.69 per minute if you sign up for an International plan (Monthly $5.99) which you can remove after the cruise. If you need to have constant access as we do (business owner) we need the flexibility the $5.99 will pay for itslef in the long run during the cruise. Data rates on Cingular plan comes out to be about $ 20.00 per gig (Cingular Charge not RCI) This would be for PDA or blackberry access connecting via the cellphone access on either. If your PDA or Blackberry has WI-FI capabilites you can access the internet via the RCI WI-FI connection and only Internet access minutes from RCI would be charged (not sure what they are still trying to find out, heard it might be $100-150 for the week in your room not sure if that includes access to the WI-FI hookup.

Archived