Silver wedding anniversary - 1st cruise

ckcb4u2

To celebrate 25 years of marriage, my wife and I have booked our first cruise on the Carnival Sensation (4 days to Bahamas) sailing on May 21st! We are so excited, as this will the first time we have vacationed without the kids in many years. I am enjoying reading posts from "experienced" cruisers, and am finding some great advice. My wife is the joy of my life, and I am glad to be able to share this with her. Feel free to share your experiences, and any advice you might have. 19 days and counting......:):D

ckcb4u2, Congratulations on Silver and your first cruise, and Welcome to CruiseCritic. You will be able to finds loads of information about cruising and Carnival. Check out the thread titled "Free Things They Don't Tell You About", or something like that. Go, have a wonderful time, and be sure to let us all know how you liked your first cruise.

Matt

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last year and cruised to Bermuda. I took her on an evening champagne cruise and gave her the ring that she should have had when we got married but we were young and broke. An older couple, who we never met before, was on the tour with us and they even took pictures and sent them to us. I could not have asked for a more memorable evening and my wife cannot stop telling her friends about it. Congrats on twenty five years and good wishes for the next twenty five.

My advice to you is to start saving for another (longer) cruise right away! Once those 4 days are up, you'll be wishing you could stay on the ship a while longer. I know I wasn't ready to leave even after my 7-day cruise! (So I booked an 8-day cruise this time!) Cruising is addicting--when I left the ship after my first cruise (which I had thought was a once-in-a-lifetime trip) I immediately started planning a cruise for the following year! :) You and your wife will have a fantastic time!

Congratulations, what a wonderful way to celebrate.

My husband and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary on the Carnival Spirit this last January. I surprised my husband by ordering decorations for the room thru Carnival in advance and the room was decorated with banner, ceiling chandalier type decoration, table decoration and 2 key rings. He was really surprised. They also have a flower shop on board if you would like to surprise her with a corsage or bouquet of flowers.

Enjoy ... you will be planning many more cruises in the future I'm sure.

Congratulations - what a lovely way to celebrate! My DH and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary with a cruise last year and decided that every year we would celebrate in this manner! There's just something about building memories with your loved one with the beauty of the ocean surrounding you!:)

We are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary by going on a cruise also. We are set to sail on the Destiny May 28th. I can't wait. We are taking our two young adult children with us. They are celebrating also. Our daughter is graduating this month with her Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and our son is celebrating no longer being a teenager. I am 43 and my husband is 45. We were 13 and 15 when we started dating and 18 and 20 when we got married. No we didn't have to we had our first three years later. We never went on a honeymoon so this is a long time coming. I also recently lost my father, mother and brother all to cancer within a short period of time. This cruise is a way to celebrate, let go and move on. Hope everyone has a great time on their cruise.

Here's to health and happiness for all!

Congratulations of 25 years. DH and I sailed on the Glory this time last year for our 25th. I would say that as a couple it has been the hightlight of our now 26 years of marriage. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. We went to the supper club on the day of our anniversary. We also went cave tubing in Belize that day. It was a memorable trip and we can't wait to do it again on our 28th. It is a great place to fall in love all over again.

Congratulations! Our 25th is this year also. My DH and I are going on the Glory on 11 Nov. This will be our second cruise. We did a 4 day on Fantasy last year to "try out" cruising. You will have a great time. We fell in love with cruising and hadn't planned on going back so soon, but decided it's a great way to celebrate our anniversary.

To celebrate 25 years of marriage, my wife and I have booked our first cruise on the Carnival Sensation (4 days to Bahamas) sailing on May 21st! We are so excited, as this will the first time we have vacationed without the kids in many years. I am enjoying reading posts from "experienced" cruisers, and am finding some great advice. My wife is the joy of my life, and I am glad to be able to share this with her. Feel free to share your experiences, and any advice you might have. 19 days and counting......:):D

Congratulations on your silver anniversary. My hubster and I are going on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska on May 17th for our silver anniversary. Enjoy your cruise! I know we will! I guess lots of folks got married in 1981~:)

First let me say congratulations! DH and I will be celebrating our 53rd in August of this year and I love him more each day that the good Lord allows me to keep him! :) My Sister just lost her love of almost 59 years a couple of weeks ago and of course is devastated. All I can say is: Ladies & Gentleman, cherish your mate. Enough of that mush.:o

We sail on the Glory Saturday! Can hardly wait. Does anyone EVER tire of crusisng?

Luv's Crusin'

Archived