Has this happened to anyone else?

abbydancer2003

We're doing the two day coastal on the Diamond starting Thursday. We booked it on the 28th of April, via the internet, because Princess gave us a fabulous deal.

We got a booking confirmation and an emergency notification via US mail. When someone I was communicating with mentioned DHL delivering docs to them (over the weekend), I decided I should call Princess. (Since I've never done a last minute cruise or booked my own, I thought they'd come via US mail.)

So, late yesterday morning (Monday 5/8) I called. They told me I should have received them last week. They gave me the tracking number from DHL. I looked it up, and the documents were sent and delivered - to a travel agent in Arizona that I've never heard of. (We're in the SF area). After much conversation, they agreed to overnight them to me today. I asked them to ship the docs to my mom's office, since somebody is there all day. The customer service person I spoke to was very happy to accomodate that.

So, earlier today, I got another tracking number from them. When it was finally available after 6pm on the DHL website today, it stated that the documents were being sent to another travel agency - this one in New Jersey, on a 7 day delivery.

So, it looks like, unless the tracking number is wrong, we will be sailing without cruise docs. Thanks to Cruise Critic, I know the pier and that we don't need formal clothes, and the criuse line has assured me that there will be no problems boarding. (The supervisor I spoke to this evening said she's going to give a small shipboard credit for my inconvenience.)

I'm really curious how this can happen - I can understand one mistake on a delivery address, but two? And where did they get the travel agency names from? Neither is an agency we've used -and neither is physically anywhere near us. Has anyone else ever had trouble with document delivery?

Maybe my travel agent will get a kick out of this.

abby

Tickets sent to the wrong place 2x and not even close to where they should be mailed....... Nope, haven't heard of it but doesn't surprise me :).

You are right, you will be fine with out the paper tickets. Enjoy your cruise.

At around 2:45 I got a call from the office. The tickets were delivered. I just picked them up and they look fine, other than the price on the ticket shows the rack rate, not the rate we paid. A quick call to Princess and I was told that the price on the ticket is wrong and the booking confirmation is correct. She also mentioned that they had applied a credit to our onboard account, so we will have our drinks this weekend courtesey of Princess.

The problem, I think with ticket mailing #2 was that they did not put the correct tracking number in. The envelope had a different number, and when I looked that up on DHL's website, it had my information.

Fun times - I'm looking forward to a great cruise tomorrow.

abby

Archived