Prinsendam - Direction of bed in SY category

KAKcruiser

Does anyone know which way the bed faces, front or back of the ship, in cabins 022 and 023 on the Prinsendam? You can usually tell by the position of the doors on the other HAL ships. But, I don't think the floor plan is right for the SS and SYs. I don't think they have the little halls like the cabins on the lower floors. I think they have doors you enter directly from the corrider.

Does anyone know which way the bed faces, front or back of the ship, in cabins 022 and 023 on the Prinsendam? You can usually tell by the position of the doors on the other HAL ships. But, I don't think the floor plan is right for the SS and SYs. I don't think they have the little halls like the cabins on the lower floors. I think they have doors you enter directly from the corrider.

We were in 035 and the head of the bed was toward the bow of the ship. The cabins are arranged in mirror image pairs, so 033 would have the head of the bed towards the stern. Continuing down the line, 031 bow, 029 stern, 027 bow, 025stern, 023 bow. The cabins on port side would be the same, so 022 would have the head of the bed towards the bow also. you are right, the deck plan for SS, SY is not accurate. The door open directly to the hallway. The closet is on one side as you walk in and the bathroom is on the other. If you look at the deck plan, the location where they show the door is on the opposite wall from the head of the bed, so you can figure out the bed orientation from the location shown for the door.

Archived