Which Aft Cabin? 7388, 9392 or 8390

I'm just off the Navigator (may 6-13) and we had cabin 8690. It was amazing and I think we prob had the best cabin. Almost no obstruction, 2 chairs, 2 loungers, and a table. Looking above and below it looked like the 9xxx cabin had a smaller balcony and less railing "space" and looked like 7xxx had more obstruction.

A corner aft is the way to go - would never get a middle aft balcony. And would always try to get the 8690 cabin or the one on the other side.

If you send me your email I'll email you some photos.

Enjoy!

Hi:

I have another Voyager class AFT question here for my friend.

They are currently looking into 7688 or 7388 since they love the idea of having a huge balcony and like the location. If things goes well... they might be bringing their baby with them next year. Will this size cabin be okay to bring a baby/young toddler with them? If not, any recommendations for another aft cabin that will provide the space and good size balcony? The most they will do is a D1 category.

If deck 10 is another choice (1388/1688)... is there any noise since the Island Grill is above it? They are light sleepers and was concerned about a public area being over the cabins.

I normally stay mid-ship so I can't help with their questions. Any information anyone could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi:

I have another Voyager class AFT question here for my friend.

They are currently looking into 7688 or 7388 since they love the idea of having a huge balcony and like the location. If things goes well... they might be bringing their baby with them next year. Will this size cabin be okay to bring a baby/young toddler with them? If not, any recommendations for another aft cabin that will provide the space and good size balcony? The most they will do is a D1 category.

If deck 10 is another choice (1388/1688)... is there any noise since the Island Grill is above it? They are light sleepers and was concerned about a public area being over the cabins.

I normally stay mid-ship so I can't help with their questions. Any information anyone could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

In their particular case, I would strongly recommend trying for cabin 1688/1388 and avoiding 7688/7388. They will need FLOOR space for the baby's crib/pack 'n' play. 7688's third berth is a Pullman, so the square footage of the cabin is smallish - only 179 sq. ft.

1688 is technically a D1, which would be 188 sq.ft., but 1688 is over 200 sq.ft, and is actually square! MUCH more floor space.

NYCruisr---We have room 1700 on the Freedom, when are you going? And do you have any insite on what to expect from this room? You will probally be going before us, we are booked for June 3, 2007(a VERY long time away) We are doing a Eastern cruise this time, what about you? KMBB

Hi Trish, Bill, and Bud,

Sure I'll get you those pics emailed tonight.

No, there weren't any posts in the room. Actually I thought the room was rather large considering. We did Carnival Imagination last year so that is all we have to compare it to. Barely had enough room to move there.

In 8690 we had a king bed, couch and coffee table. Plenty for us. Plus the huge balcony.

It is a great room. I am jealous - wish I could go back.

Enjoy and the pics are on the way soon.

Well, to be honest I can't say from expereince as we have never had a middle one but we enjoyed the corner so much, with only 1 person being to the side of us and have the view behind and out to the side from our balcony I can only imagine that I would not like it as much. Plus it looked like there was more obstruction and when you look down you see a large metal deck that extends out from deck 6 aft.....when you look down from the corners all you see is some railing from the deck below. If I had to choose that is what I would pick.

But as I said-given the choice between being on vacation or being at work - you could stick me in the laundry room and that would be fine. We really are not that picky.

Don't get too worked up about your cabin - just enjoy being on vacation and all the wonderful things you will get to do!

Well, hearing you guys talk about these aft cabins persuaded us to make a switch this week. We're going with 7688 over the 9390 we had booked. Our TA has it held for us. The pics you guys have linked here are extremely helpful. That enormous balcony is important to us, given that these 2 cabins appear equal inside. She's still going to watch out for 1388 to come open (our friends already have 1688) and we are agreed we would jump up there and pay the extra money if it came open. But, this looks great! Like having our own private Solarium. With Bonnie and Merion Mom both signing off on it, we're there.

CLQ

Navigator of the Seas 11/05

Disney Wonder 4/06

Voyager of the Seas 11/06

NYCruisr---We have room 1700 on the Freedom, when are you going? And do you have any insite on what to expect from this room? You will probally be going before us, we are booked for June 3, 2007(a VERY long time away) We are doing a Eastern cruise this time, what about you? KMBB

We are cruising June 25th.......just 35 more days to go.....lol. Just was looking back........ we booked it in Feb of 2005...whoaaaaaaaaa!

One detail, which may or may not matter to you:

Most of the aft cabins only sleep three people. We're a family of four who really, really wanted that huge balcony 7-something (it's all about the balcony for my husband), but we had to "settle" for 1688.

Just off the Mariner and had 7688 aft. The balcony was absolutely awesome. We had five family member that ate breakfast on our balcony every day. It has four chaise lounges, two tables and three deck chairs. The side view and the deck itself is perfect. I would like this cabin on every cruise.:):) :D :)

Wendy - we have that cabin for our summer's cruise on Mariner - did you get any sun on the deck? Do you know if you can open up balcony dividers to the cabin next door (7690) - I've heard different stories on this. Was their more noticable movement in back of ship? We usually have mid ship cabins.

Peggy

There was sun and shade on the deck. The difference from the side balcony is no wind. We really enjoyed that. There was no difference in movement at the back and I have had sea sickness before. You should not feel any difference. My one daughter had never sailed before and this room did not bother her at all.

Katie, 1390 and 1690 are identical but mirror image of each other. 1392's cabin is identical to the others but the balcony is ever so slightly smaller (still huge though, just a "smidge" narrower than 1390 and 1690).

Thanks Bonnie. I assume that the balconies are larger than the side balconies. Thanks again.

LetsParty said earlier

Hi:

Thank you!

I'm not sure anyone answered that question yet. If it's not too late, let me tell you that we were in 1688 last year on Navigator. Not a peep with the restaurant above us. We're early risers, so we were up before Breakfast started serving everyday. Still, I don't think it was going to have been noisy. Stay there with confidence...at least we would say.

CLQ

Navigator of the Seas 11/05

Disney Wonder 4/06

Voyager of the Seas 11/06

Archived