Cruise magazine or book?

Just wondering if anyone knows of a cruise magazine or inexpensive book that you can pick up at Barnes & Nobel or other book stores? Or magizine you can subscribe to or anything. Something that offers general information stuff like that. Thanks!

I would highly recommend getting the travel detective book by Peter Greenberg. I just bought one on amazon and only paid .55 cents for a brand new one - altogether w/postage/handling it came to $4.04!

We thumbed through this book last night at the local bookstore but I didn't want to pay $14 for it in there!

There is also the magazine "Porthole" (can get it at Barnes and Nobles). They always have great excursion info:) . "Cruising for Dummies" also has alot of info for newbies or people just needing more info.

I just bought 2 books from Amazon.com. The 1st was Frommers Cruises and Ports for 2006 and the other was Fodors Complete Guide to Caribbean Cruises. They both have a wealth of information on each and every cruiseline and port that they visit, and they are very up to date as they both had mention of Freedom. I got them at Amazon and it cost me $25 for both including shipping.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a cruise magazine or inexpensive book that you can pick up at Barnes & Nobel or other book stores? Or magizine you can subscribe to or anything. Something that offers general information stuff like that. Thanks!

Berlitz has a great publication with reviews and vitals on the ships

Cruise Travel Magazine just came out the first week of May. Both books mentioned; Frommers and Fodors, plus Cruising for Dummies are filled with great information especially places to visit at port. Even though I spend a lot of time on-line, I love my books and magazine. Porthole is nothing but a glossy magazine of advertisements, IMHO.

If you are looking for something funny, go to Amazon.com and look for What Time is the Midnight Buffet? Chester/Richard is the author-cruiser who has given us many a laugh about his cruise adventures. Reasonable cost @$12.95.

Bon

I second NanaTravel's last post on getting a copy of ChesterH "What Times Is The Midnight Buffet?" I purchased one prior to going on my first cruise to the Caribbean and loved every page! I purchased it off of Amazon.com

-Maren

Fodor's "Caribbean Ports of Call", while obviously specific only to the Caribbean, is great. It has info on practically every cruise line, specific ships, and lots of detailed info on ports of call. I'm sure Fodors has books on other destinations as well.

This is the only travel book I have actually purchased recently, but I have checked out many books and DVD's at the library - tons of info for free!

I often go to a bookstore and peruse the travel section, then when I find a book I want to read, I'll go online to my local library to see if its available. If not, I check online bookstores - Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc. Amazon's great - you can often buy a book used or from a secondary vendor for a fraction of the retail price. I've had great success doing this. I can't remember when I last paid actual retail price for a book!:)

Sue

When I was at Indigo a few weeks ago (the Canadian clone of Borders), I found a book, which had a review of every ship and every port from every line.

If I get back there soon, i'll get the title for you.

Archived