Lost Luggage

Williebill

We arrived back at Seattle yesterday, 5/14/06, aboard the Westerdam. What a wonderful cruise. We transferred by Grayline from the port to the airport and we know all of our luggage was put on the bus. Once we reached the airport, one of our bags came up missing. There was one bag left after everyone had gone to the terminal that looked similar to ours but belonged to someone else. I had the owner of the unclaimed luggage paged with no results. I did file a claim with HAL. If anyone knows a person named Montello from Ontario Calf. who may have been on the Westerdam, please let them know about the mix-up. If they did grab out bag mistake, I'm sure by now they know they the dirty underwear does not belong to them.

We arrived back at Seattle yesterday, 5/14/06, aboard the Westerdam. What a wonderful cruise. We transferred by Grayline from the port to the airport and we know all of our luggage was put on the bus. Once we reached the airport, one of our bags came up missing. There was one bag left after everyone had gone to the terminal that looked similar to ours but belonged to someone else. I had the owner of the unclaimed luggage paged with no results. I did file a claim with HAL. If anyone knows a person named Montello from Ontario Calf. who may have been on the Westerdam, please let them know about the mix-up. If they did grab out bag mistake, I'm sure by now they know they the dirty underwear does not belong to them.
Sorry to hear about the luggage mixup,Bill, but glad to hear that all else went well. I guess it might depend on whether the other party had anything of value in their bag, whether they report it or not. Hopefully HAL will contact the party and try to straighten it out.

Welcome back from the wilderness:D We'll be looking forward to hearing all about the cruise.

We arrived back at Seattle yesterday, 5/14/06, aboard the Westerdam. What a wonderful cruise. We transferred by Grayline from the port to the airport and we know all of our luggage was put on the bus. Once we reached the airport, one of our bags came up missing. There was one bag left after everyone had gone to the terminal that looked similar to ours but belonged to someone else.

So sorry to hear that! I can just picture, though, the Montello's at the baggage claim in the Ontario airport ranting on about how someone (with your name) seems to have walked off with their bag, and filing a claim with the airline! :)

As many times as cruise lines and airlines remind us that many bags look the same and to check carefully to be sure the ones we take are ours, it's amazing to me how many people I see who just grab and run ... without double-checking to be certain they are getting their own property. I had to retrieve one of mine once from a guy who thought it was his. Luckily I saw him in time.

This would be why I bought PINK luggage for traveling! :o I'm just looking forward to seeing my DH pulling my luggage for me! ;)

Why did my mom call me a diva the other day????? :D

Glad the rest of your trip was fun!

Blessings!

We made huge yellow yarn pom-poms for our generic Costco luggage. They're surprisingly tough, and have held up well.

Best of luck Williebill; surely they'll gladly trade your dirty underwear for all their souvenirs you have in your possession.

Using http://www.411.com, I did find a Montello near Ontario in Barstow. If you haven't already heard back on your bag, it might be worth a try.

Sorry to hear about your luggage problem.

Hopefully within a couple of days that individual will return the luggage to Seattle. But I wouldn't count on it as they may have to pay for it to be delivered there.

What is sad, the piece that looked like yours and was really theirs will be returned to them withour any problems or questions.

We made huge yellow yarn pom-poms for our generic Costco luggage. They're surprisingly tough, and have held up well.

Best of luck Williebill; surely they'll gladly trade your dirty underwear for all their souvenirs you have in your possession.

Using www.411.com, I did find a Montello near Ontario in Barstow. If you haven't already heard back on your bag, it might be worth a try.

Thank you, I may try to reach them if I don't hear something within a day or so. Was the first name William?

Thank you, I may try to reach them if I don't hear something within a day or so. Was the first name William?

Sorry to hear you lost your luggage! Just a heads up, Ontario and Barstow are some 78-80 miles from each other and not even in the same County! They're not what you would call neighboring cities!

Our lost luggage showed up on our front porch this afternoon. HAL sent it out via DHL Express. Thanks to everyone for your concern and information.
Now if your luggage could just write a review of it's travels...;)

Archived