The Official HMC Turquoise Cabana Thread

SarahQ

LOL @ Ziggy - I love that idea...how very "Pirates of the Caribbean" ;)

It sounds like we're all in agreement that some little guestbook that everyone could leave a note in would be a great idea, and maybe some other little trinket? Maybe the best plan is to just let everyone decide on some small item - maybe something from their hometown or state.

Now, the question is - do we agree to leave the item in a particular place, or do we 'hide' it and make searching for it part of the fun?

Can any one tell me about the Sky Blue Cabana? The Tourquoise cabana was not available, and I think I was just lucky to get a cabana.

We are booked on the Dec 31 Westerdam.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about the sky blue cabana, but isn't it near the turquoise one? At any rate, any cabana is a good cabana. I would have taken any one of them and been thrilled, like you are. :) ! Congratulations!!! Have a great time...

Can any one tell me about the Sky Blue Cabana? The Tourquoise cabana was not available, and I think I was just lucky to get a cabana.

We are booked on the Dec 31 Westerdam.

Thanks!

Click on the link at the very bottom of my post, on the link called Cruise Photos Link. Look in my HMC & Cabana albums, there are maps and tons of pictures of all the cabanas :)

One more for the list of "Extinguished Members". We will be there Jan. 23rd on our Volendam cruise. I talked with a HAL person who said they clean out totally between users. So maybe stickers inside the cupboard would be left if there is a note requesting it.....or a sticky corkboard??

This is the Irish Festival Cruise....so who knows what leprechauns may pass by!

Blessings,

Gail

For those members of the Royal & Ancient Order of Ye Mystic Inhabitants of the Turquoise Cabana who come after our stay on 1/5/07 you might wish to dig a little ways down in the sand just inside the left rear support post. A caution though... remember 'tis said evil befalls them what's takes a seaman's grog and don't replace it. Legend also has it that good things come to them what do replace any treasure found. Aarrrrggghh

For those members of the Royal & Ancient Order of Ye Mystic Inhabitants of the Turquoise Cabana who come after our stay on 1/5/07 you might wish to dig a little ways down in the sand just inside the left rear support post. A caution though... remember 'tis said evil befalls them what's takes a seaman's grog and don't replace it. Legend also has it that good things come to them what do replace any treasure found. Aarrrrggghh
Argggggg Matey! Same for those who dare to enter what I call as mine after 11/4/06! There be treasure waiting a little ways down in the sand just inside the left rear support post. Beware, it will be cursed, if ye replace the taken treasure with different treasures, the curses will be lifted, until the next pirate digs up the new treasure!

SharonN – I hope you can reschedule soon! :(

Here's who I have so far! Let me know if I missed anyone!

Jes2245 – October 23, 2006

Djallar – October 30, 2006

Ziggy7 – November 3, 2006

Jmastron – November 6, 2006

Pennywise – November 24, 2006

Debi D – December 2, 2006

Lggfly – December 12, 2006

SarahQ - December 16, 2006

Frogs & LAMb - December 22, 2006

Aggie/1/ca - January 3, 2007

Jodster – January 8, 2007

Shonuf - January 19, 2007

CruisinCanucks – February 2, 2007

SheShefran – February 26, 2007

Ohionan26 – January 14, 2007

Jerseygirl3 – January 29, 2007

Twinkletoes4445 - February 9, 2007

TerriRN – April 2, 2007

Clamshell near the Turquoise Cabana:

Ika1012 – Dec. 12 :D You'll have to say 'hi' to Lggfly!

HeatherInFlorida – Waving to the Turquoise occupants on December 11, 2006 :D

Blessings!

sheesh, I am the group leader, you would think I would get this right LOL, sorry we will be using the turquoise cabana on 11/4/06, for sure this time LOL

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I are the first ones to visit (at least on this list), so I intend to leave a bottle of my favorite Virgin Islands Rum buried next to the left rear corner (looking at the cabana from the beach side). Perhaps Djallar on Oct. 30 or even Ziggy 7 on Nov. 3 will be able to claim this prize. Best of luck!!!

My wife and I are the first ones to visit (at least on this list), so I intend to leave a bottle of my favorite Virgin Islands Rum buried next to the left rear corner (looking at the cabana from the beach side). Perhaps Djallar on Oct. 30 or even Ziggy 7 on Nov. 3 will be able to claim this prize. Best of luck!!!

Jes2245 - you set a "high" standard for the rest of us. I'm sure we'll all prove worthy

Packing my shovel as we speak!!! Guess we should ask everyone to report in after they find their burried treasures!!! :) Oh this is making our stay at HMC even better!!!!:D

I can't wait to arrive on HMC on December 11th and see the trench that's been all dug up around the turquoise cabana!!!!:D :D

They're going to think they have gophers or something!!!! LOL!:D

Some very mellow & slightly tipsy gophers methinks.

I sure hope none of the HMC cabana staff are reading this thread. They might be tempted to dig up the treasure & join the gophers in partying with our grog.

I am booked on the 1/13/07 Zuiderdam sailing along with 3 girlfriends. After reading this thread I tried to book the turquoise cabana but it was waitlisted, as was every other one except for the blue. I took it rather than gering no cabana. Has anyone ever gotten the Blue one or know anything about it? HELP!!!!

Curves Lady (Karen )

I can't wait to arrive on HMC on December 11th and see the trench that's been all dug up around the turquoise cabana!!!!:D :D

They're going to think they have gophers or something!!!! LOL!:D

hahaha a cabana with a moat around it LOL

I have been waitlisted for all of the cabanas for the Westerdam 2/18 sailing. I kept calling and begging for the peach cabana. Well, I am happy to say I got the peach cabana today!!!

Where is it on the map? Anyone know?

Karen, they are all the same only difference is color and location :) Its right next door to the turquoise one :)

Look on this map :)

Debbie:

THANKS SOOOOO MUCH. I was starting to feel like the only good cabana must be the turquoise if it rates its own thread and all this excitment. At least I know who is in the cabana next to us. Has anyone ever added on the Butler Service? Is it worth it since these are so close to everything?

Karen

I have been waitlisted for all of the cabanas for the Westerdam 2/18 sailing. I kept calling and begging for the peach cabana. Well, I am happy to say I got the peach cabana today!!!

Where is it on the map? Anyone know?

That is a new color, and I havent been able to find out its location eeeks!

Debbie:

THANKS SOOOOO MUCH. I was starting to feel like the only good cabana must be the turquoise if it rates its own thread and all this excitment. At least I know who is in the cabana next to us. Has anyone ever added on the Butler Service? Is it worth it since these are so close to everything?

Karen

The butler package is good if you all have several drinks during the day and want the ships fancy lunch meal on china in your cabana ;)