The Official HMC Turquoise Cabana Thread

SarahQ

I hope if anyone finds buried treasure, they will report it here along with a description of whatever they left, if anything. I think we could keep this going for some time, if everyone will play along.

We found the treasure!!! Just where you left it. Thanks jes2245, we're going to enjoy the rum!

Ziggy...we left our treasure right where jes2245 left theirs...buried by the left-rear support (as seen from the ocean).

Good luck!

:D :D :D

I definitely will enjoy it. Someone please explain the "buried treasure" game. I gather someone before my March cruise leaves something buried - I have to find it and leave something else??? :confused: In any case, it sounds like fun so count us in! :D

I definitely will enjoy it. Someone please explain the "buried treasure" game. I gather someone before my March cruise leaves something buried - I have to find it and leave something else??? :confused: In any case, it sounds like fun so count us in! :D

Royal and Ancient Order of Inhabitants of Ye Mystic Turquoise Cabana:

Jes2245 – October 23, 2006 – Left Virgin Island Rum (FOUND!!!!!!)

Djallar – October 30, 2006 – Treasure hidden!!!!!!!!

Ziggy7 – November 4, 2006

Jmastron – November 6, 2006

Pennywise – November 24, 2006

Debi D – December 2, 2006

Lggfly – December 12, 2006

SarahQ - December 16, 2006

Frogs & LAMb - December 22, 2006

Txcanuck – December 30, 2006 (Cursiegal in the Sky Blue)

Curisergal – January 1, 2007

Aggie/1/ca - January 3, 2007 (with the butler package ;) !!!!)

Duckman715 – January 5, 2007

Jodster – January 8, 2007

Ohionan26 – January 14, 2007

Shonuf - January 19, 2007

Lvteks – January 23, 2007

Jerseygirl3 – January 29, 2007

CruisinCanucks – February 2, 2007

SheShefran – February 26, 2007

Twinkletoes4445 - February 9, 2007

Mmbgmb – March 18, 2007

TerriRN – April 2, 2007

Clamshell near the Turquoise Cabana:

Ika1012 – Dec. 12 - You'll have to say 'hi' to Lggfly!

HeatherInFlorida – Waving to the Turquoise occupants on December 11, 2006

All right, Djallar! Hope you left something great for Ziggy7 to find! Maybe we can keep this thread going for awhile! (I wish until I could visit again, but that won't be for some time.)

Best of luck to all treasure hunters.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if Ziggy7 or jmastron found the treasure we buried???

We found jes2245's rum and are looking for a good rum punch recipie.:D :D :D

Sorry I didnt post sooner, I got sick on the airplane from a sick family flying home from their Princess cruise!

Sorry but we didnt make it to HMC, as we had bad weather, only 30 pax got on shore before they recalled everyone back. So I wasnt able to find or leave a treasure :( Hope the next person keeps it going :)

Sorry I didnt post sooner, I got sick on the airplane from a sick family flying home from their Princess cruise!

Sorry but we didnt make it to HMC, as we had bad weather, only 30 pax got on shore before they recalled everyone back. So I wasnt able to find or leave a treasure :( Hope the next person keeps it going :)

No problem, Debbie...sorry to hear you missed HMC THEN got sick :(

My wife embroidered 3 towels as our "treasure". I hope someone participating in this thread find them :o.

• 3 weeks later...

Bon Voyage, Lon!

Hope the "treasure" we originally left for Ziggy7 is still there :eek: I haven't read about anyone finding what we left behind. Just remember...buried by the left-rear (as seen from the beach) post. ;)

Good luck! Let us know if you find it!

So, where is everyone? Is this Board "on vacation?"

Anyway, we are off on the Volendam on Sunday and we have our "treasure" ready to be buried! Hope it get's found.

Lon

I hope they're just too hung over after finding the loot to write.

We'll be there Jan 5th, treasure & shovel in hand.

So, where is everyone? Is this Board "on vacation?"

Anyway, we are off on the Volendam on Sunday and we have our "treasure" ready to be buried! Hope it get's found.

Lon

Hey Lon,

We're there right after you, so should we make it to HMC (*fingers crossed for both of us*), we will be there to unearth the "treasure" and leave ours behind for Frogs & LAMb.

I haven't heard if Westerdam made it to HMC the last few weeks...?

Our visit is just around the corner! Two weeks from today!!!!

Right now I am in Brazil and my mom and her husband are in Ukraine. I live in Ohio and they live in Ontario, Canada (close to Barrie). Our treasure should include something from our current travels and something from our home regions - could be interesting! ;)

We can't wait for the sun and relaxation that is coming our way - especially after all of this travel!

Blessings to you all!

Frogs - we are leaving in a few hours for Fort Lauderdale and your treasure is safely packed away already :)

Hope we are able to make it so we can leave it for you to dig up ;)

Smooth sailing :)

Just back from Half Moon Cay. I guess I'm a bit "thick" but I was under the impression there were four support posts and I was to dig just inside the rear post on the left (as you are facing the cabana). Well, there are a lot more than 4 support posts. In fact, there are four across the front and at least 3 going from front to back (on each side). The rear support, really doesn't look like a support as it looks like its on a slab (as you dig, however, there really is a support there). And you can't get to the inside of the rear support (we will add pictures so everyone sees what we mean).

I dug everywhere I could imagine, and found nothing. However, we did bury our "treasure" just behind the left rear corner of the cabana. I hope whoever finds it, enjoys it. Its a little "taste" of our favorite past-time.

Lon

Just curious. What other cruise line uses Half Moon Cay? Is this true for all the "private islands".

Ned,

From what we were told (we befriended a former "executive" of HAL on our cruise), HAL owns this island, so no other cruise lines use it. They paid $2 Mil for it and added about another $3 Mil in improvements. It is really nice...not like the other private islands we've been to.

Lon

Just back from Half Moon Cay. I guess I'm a bit "thick" but I was under the impression there were four support posts and I was to dig just inside the rear post on the left (as you are facing the cabana). Well, there are a lot more than 4 support posts. In fact, there are four across the front and at least 3 going from front to back (on each side). The rear support, really doesn't look like a support as it looks like its on a slab (as you dig, however, there really is a support there). And you can't get to the inside of the rear support (we will add pictures so everyone sees what we mean).

I dug everywhere I could imagine, and found nothing. However, we did bury our "treasure" just behind the left rear corner of the cabana. I hope whoever finds it, enjoys it. Its a little "taste" of our favorite past-time.

Lon

What a shame, I wonder if the last person there didnt leave something for you :( Nice of you to continue the gesture too!

Ned,

From what we were told (we befriended a former "executive" of HAL on our cruise), HAL owns this island, so no other cruise lines use it. They paid $2 Mil for it and added about another $3 Mil in improvements. It is really nice...not like the other private islands we've been to.

Lon

Actually when HAL pulls their ships out of the Caribbean for the summer, Carnival stops at HMC, they rent it to their sister division, and occasionally a few other lines have had special permission to stop there but that is rare!

What a shame, I wonder if the last person there didnt leave something for you :( Nice of you to continue the gesture too!

I wonder the same thing :confused: As far as I can tell, we were the last to leave something there. That was October 30th! Since then, 32 ships have been there.

Four particpants in this thread have been there since we were and, except for Ziggy, who didn't even get a chance to go ashore, none have reported back. :(

Thanks, Lon for continuing the treasure hunt!

Lon

Lon, you buried your treasure exactly where we buried ours. If it was there, you wouldn't have had any problems finding it.