The Official HMC Turquoise Cabana Thread

SarahQ

Heather gave you a good picture of the back of one so thought I'd throw in one that shows the front. (my DH doesn't come with it though :) )

http://community.webshots.com/photo/550793852/2337498360081391383PbWXHk

Sharon, I tried this link but was told it's a private album and you have to invite me!:) So I didn't get to see hubby.

Lawyerrose, yes! I've seen them in Delray ... right opposite Boston's as a matter of fact!

Hi Kim,

Just having fun with my new hi-speed vs dial-up and decided to check in on CC....and found this board. We had that cabana this year in February. Then I read your signature and had to do some homework. We both joined CC in 2002....but I'm not sure when I started using "Blessings." I think yours is the only one I've seen. I like "Blessings" so much. It converys for me, a personal way of saying to all I write....."I share your adventure and wish all good things for you no matter where or if our paths may cross."

I arranged for the cabana after reading about it on CC. There were five, all family, and it was a great way to meet and relax between excursions. I wasn't impressed with staffing...actually two ??pursers? in white came by and we asked for more chips and found everything else by just checking around. There didn't seem to be anyone assigned to check on the cabanas as such.

One funny thing, some guy from the clamshell in front of us, just walked up the steps and plopped himself on one of the lounge chairs. Only my husband and I were there so we talked for a while then I went off to the "necessary" (yes, it is convenient) and we got ready to leave shortly after that. I don't think he had a clue.

I think if someone arriving on the earliest date used a cup screw, one could attach it to the inside of the cabinet. Somehow a sign in English and Spanish mich be added to indicate that it is for------------arriving on-----------. Of course it has to be in plastic or such for protection. It's a thought. We would have enjoyed doing something like that.

I hope you all have a great time.

Blessings,

Gail

You can add my family to the list for November 6th...

Question for those that have enjoyed the cabana's in the past --- are "interlopers" a big problem for the turquoise cabanas? I was reading a thread on the Westerdam boards and one person wrote about 15 incidents during their stay on HMC when people just walked up to "use" equipment or shower in the cabana. Is this problem really that wide spread?

Jmastron, we didn't even have one uninvited visitor. And I can't begin to guess why the turquoise would be any more likely to have interlopers than any other color. They all run along the beach in close proximity.

I'll be honest, if anyone had come up and sat themselves down in ours I would have politely explained that we had rented it. The first time I was at HMC I had no idea what they were or how people got them so it may be that some people thing it's "open sitting":D .

I would not hesitate to explain to someone that they're not! The thread I read where people seemed to drop by, I don't think anyone explained the situation to them.

Heather,

Thanks. I was hoping that would be the case. The cabana is a splurge for us, and I really am looking forward to it. It would really ruin the day if I encounter rude people. Definitely understand innocent misconception and can politely explain the situation. I guess the notion that the turquois would be more subject to uninvited guests would be because of its location .. close to restrooms and bbq area. Having never been there before, I am truly relying on the wealth of information I am gathering from this website. Thanks for your feedback. It was very much appreciated.

Wow! A list that I'm not doing!!! How wonderful!!!! LOL

Great list! Please put me down for Nov 5th :)

Also I heard they added 2 more cabanas, brown and peach, I have seen the pic of the peach one but locations seem to be unknown. Has anyone else heard of this ????

Reported as Peach Cabana Rental

PeachCabana.jpg

My LORD! Look how packed the beach is!!!! Wow!
Keep in mind, that is the very first half of the beach where everyone tends to gather, farther down the beach is less crowded, also there were 2 ships in port.

Here is what it looks like with one ship there :)

370824703cQaNiX_ph.jpg

310193755qyzTCN_ph.jpg

310193617yVeUWC_ph.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well sadly I won't be the first person to setup and leave the keychain as planned since I've had to cancel the cruise. Djallar looks like you will now be the first on Oct 30th. I hope you all enjoy the Turquoise cabana.

Well sadly I won't be the first person to setup and leave the keychain as planned since I've had to cancel the cruise. Djallar looks like you will now be the first on Oct 30th. I hope you all enjoy the Turquoise cabana.

I'm sorry to hear this.... :(

I hope you get to schedule another cruise in the very near future... :)

aaaawwwww sorry to hear you had to cancel! I too hope you will be able to rebook a cruise in place of the cancelled one!

Also I meant to type Nov 3rd! Sorry, we will be in the turq. on Nov 3rd , 2006 :)

• 4 weeks later...

SharonN – I hope you can reschedule soon! :(

Here's who I have so far! Let me know if I missed anyone!

Jes2245 – October 23, 2006

Djallar – October 30, 2006

Ziggy7 – November 3, 2006

Jmastron – November 6, 2006

Pennywise – November 24, 2006

Debi D – December 2, 2006

Lggfly – December 12, 2006

SarahQ - December 16, 2006

Frogs & LAMb - December 22, 2006

Aggie/1/ca - January 3, 2007

Jodster – January 8, 2007

Shonuf - January 19, 2007

CruisinCanucks – February 2, 2007

SheShefran – February 26, 2007

Ohionan26 – January 14, 2007

Jerseygirl3 – January 29, 2007

Twinkletoes4445 - February 9, 2007

TerriRN – April 2, 2007

Clamshell near the Turquoise Cabana:

Ika1012 – Dec. 12 :D You'll have to say 'hi' to Lggfly!

HeatherInFlorida – Waving to the Turquoise occupants on December 11, 2006 :D

Blessings!

Please add Duckman715 (aka Bill & Sandy) to the Royal and Ancient Order of Inhabitants of Ye Mystic Turquoise Cabana. We have it booked for January 5, 2007.

The guestbook is a great idea by the way. I'm sure HAL would not mind if we left one there for members of this (not so) secret society to record their deeds of glory and/or rum whilst in attendance.

Bill

Please add Duckman715 (aka Bill & Sandy) to the Royal and Ancient Order of Inhabitants of Ye Mystic Turquoise Cabana. We have it booked for January 5, 2007.

The guestbook is a great idea by the way. I'm sure HAL would not mind if we left one there for members of this (not so) secret society to record their deeds of glory and/or rum whilst in attendance.

Bill

Duckman,

I love the "name". I can definitely see a plaque hanging outside the Cabana for the Royal and Ancient Order... A book sounds like a great idea.

For those who follow us (Duckman715 on 1/5) I will leave a small - airline size - bottle of rum, or two. Jodster, I believe that is you. If someone who is using the cabana prior to 1/5 could indicate on this thread where a good place to leave this elixir might be, I (and Jodster too I imagine) would be grateful. I hear there be pirates in those waters who might be tempted to swill another's grog if'n it not be properly secured.

Bill & Sandy

For those who follow us (Duckman715 on 1/5) I will leave a small - airline size - bottle of rum, or two. Jodster, I believe that is you. If someone who is using the cabana prior to 1/5 could indicate on this thread where a good place to leave this elixir might be, I (and Jodster too I imagine) would be grateful. I hear there be pirates in those waters who might be tempted to swill another's grog if'n it not be properly secured.

Bill & Sandy

Why not make it fun, bury it in the sand close to the cabana on the side, lets say, 5 paces toward the back. Then let them dig for the prize :)