The Official HMC Turquoise Cabana Thread

SarahQ

I'll make sure to look for both and post whether or not we found anythng. Can't wait! :D

Be sure to look carefully at the photo of the butler that ziggy posted for us and at twinkletoes description. We'll be waiting to hear from you.

Shonuf,

In looking at the picture, it looks as tho you buried your booty about a foot or so from where the butler's left foot is - does that sound pretty close?

Hopefully anyone visiting HMC before us isn't reading this and digging up the stuff.. and leaving nothing...:(

Shonuf,

In looking at the picture, it looks as tho you buried your booty about a foot or so from where the butler's left foot is - does that sound pretty close?

Hopefully anyone visiting HMC before us isn't reading this and digging up the stuff.. and leaving nothing...:(

I hope they leave it alone...someone has been stealing the treasure.

Ours is just in front of the post. What we left, we put in a small (I think it was a quart baggie) ziplock baggie. :)

Shonuf,

Unfortunately, you know as much as I do about where it is. The day we were at HMC, I was in the infirmary for the second time and couldn't even go ashore. Our friends who had booked the cabana with us, had it all to themselves, butler and all. They had also brought the wine from Dallas, and the husband wrote the poem to go along with it.

Good luck, hope you find it. I'm afraid there are lurkers out there who've been plundering.

I'll do my best to find it. I think I'll pack a shovel in my luggage so DH can dig while I watch :p

make sure you're drinking a pina colada or something yummy, while he's digging! :) I don't think hubby dug very far down in the sand....maybe 6 inches or so. It looked like the sand was pretty soft.

I was there last Monday. We dug and dug but found nothing. That did not ruin a perfect day. What a treat to be in the cool cabana when it was so hot on the beach. I ordered a massage in the cabana as well. What a great day!

sheshefran,

Sorry you didn't find the prize. but I have to ask - did you leave one for us to look for? I don't want to dig a moat around the cabana if I don't have to..:D

TerriRN is listed after we pay a visit.....

TerriRN are you still going?

I was there last Monday. We dug and dug but found nothing. That did not ruin a perfect day. What a treat to be in the cool cabana when it was so hot on the beach. I ordered a massage in the cabana as well. What a great day!

Hmmmmm...It seems like someone has been taking our treasures. That's too bad. I thought about that, but I hoped people would leave these things alone.

But it sounds like you have a wonderful day!!! A massage...ahh... :)

Well, now I'm wondering if we should bury something or not .... I hate for others to get it :(

I thought the same thing, which is why I didn't spend much money. I ended up buying a small BBQ cookbook, ref. magnets, a couple of post cards, and something with a tornado in it (can't remember what). I think all the items came to $15.

I don't know what to tell you...it just doesn't sound like it will be around for the next person. It's really too bad someone is pilfering our treasures. :(

:D We found the booty! Actually, Greg found it. He dig around and came up with your stuff, Twinkletoes! He also found a very big bottle of Bacardi rum that was half gone. He had a shot and said it was great..;) When we left HMC he buried the big bottle again in the same place along with a couple of minis from us with a note. We put your stuff back Twinkle so the next person could enjoy the postcards.

Who left the big bottle? We were kind of worried that it was open but Greg ain't dead!

Good luck to the next person!

mmbgmb....

That's great that the things were still there! Was it shonuf who left the rum? How funny that people have been drinking from the bottle!!! :)

Nope, we (that is Ann and Jason) left a bottle of white wine with a poem wrapped around it. I'm glad someone found something but do think it's funny that the bottle was pre-opened. Quality control? :rolleyes:

Nope, we (that is Ann and Jason) left a bottle of white wine with a poem wrapped around it. I'm glad someone found something but do think it's funny that the bottle was pre-opened. Quality control? :rolleyes:

Hmmm...I wonder who left it if you didn't? It is a hoot that someone has been taking a nip or two from the bottle. :)

• 6 years later...

Well, we will be returning to HMC in January, this time on Carnival. Have reserved a cabana but we don't get to choose which one until we board. We are Platinum on Carnival so will go to excursion desk as soon as we get on board. Will try to get turquoise again and do some digging to see if there is anything there. If there is any booze hidden, it'll be well aged! Actually we still have a little of the Virginia Bourbon that our friends found when they were there (I had to stay on the ship).

Can't believe I found this thread after all this time!

Just saw this thread for the first time. The Turquoise cabana has been our favorite for years!!

My only complaint is that that on a number of occasions there have been a group of folks who decided to camp out right in front of the cabana, and block the access to the beach. One group also thought that the shower for the cabana was for general use. Our cabana butler pointed out to them that it was not public, and they were not happy, making a bunch of comments about it being only for "the special people".

Anyway, still our favorite!

• 3 years later...
Time to bring this thread back alive!!!! We will be in HMC in Jan 2018! Not with Hal but Carnival this time. Since webshots messed up all my picture links from the past, I will need to find a new site to post them on! I am going to try and get "My turquoise Cabana", I say that because on Carnival all you get to do is book a cabana ahead of time and once on the ship go to shore excursions to select color and number. Also there are lots of new updates with many different cabana types now. I wonder if there are any hidden gifts still buried there! :ship::cool:

Actually I'm sorry, I disagree.

This thread is so out of date that it is not helpful IMO. And if you are on Carnival and not HAL, things are probably different - probably best to post there?

Old info is not always helpful :( JMO of course.