Noordam - Laundry

Ukap

But the $12/bag laundry service is a great deal. All you can stuff in a the bag they give you (and if you're careful and really compress things, you can get a ton of clothes in there!) - even includes things like tux shirts. I figured that it would cost over $50 to launder what they did for $12 - and you don't have to waste your precious cruise time sitting in a hot, windowless laundry room! 48-hour turnaround....

I would have liked an ironing board and iron somewhere (no ironing permitted in your cabin), but you don't get it all!

Well, you could put your laundry in a mesh bag and drag it behind the ship in the propwash.

You know, Grumpy... its funny you should say that, because thats how I did my 'Whites' onboard the US Navy ships I was stationed on. Man, those whites would come out gleeming, and you could always tell the people who could'nt tie a proper knot, as they would go to retrieve their wash and pull back the rope and nothin' there:eek: . I wonder if HAL would actually 'let' you do something like that off the Fantail on the Promenade Deck (as thats as low as one can go, deck wise aft)?!?

I wonder if HAL would actually 'let' you do something like that off the Fantail on the Promenade Deck (as thats as low as one can go, deck wise aft)?!?
Probably not, since there would be too much chance of getting fouled up with the waterski lines... Oh wait, that's not allowed on HAL ships either...;)

Archived